By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Top 3 played PlayStation games by country. Japan is the only one with all 3 digital only f2p titles.

My total playtime for Genshin impact so far is 1600 hours. Around 500 hours in 2023. I spent well over $1000 on that game. A game that we will see in the top 3 for 2024 is Honkai Star Rail. It's another popular gacha game that just came out on PlayStation last October

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:

My total playtime for Genshin impact so far is 1600 hours. Around 500 hours in 2023. I spent well over $1000 on that game. A game that we will see in the top 3 for 2024 is Honkai Star Rail. It's another popular gacha game that just came out on PlayStation last October

Yup, this industry is doomed.

What a depressing post.

I'm going to replay Einhander now to cheer me up some.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Pinkie_pie said:

$1000/1600 hours = $0.625 per hour. Not so bad.

Tober said:
Pinkie_pie said:

$1000/1600 hours = $0.625 per hour. Not so bad.

Yeah it was bad the first few months. Genshin was my first gacha game and going into clueless I was obsessed with collecting everything and not miss out so I spent a few hundreds on in game currency but after that I only buy the monthly and battle pass which is $15 a month. So it's around $200 a year now . I only miss 3 characters out of around 70. It's worth $15 a month for me since I play it almost daily and it gets updated every month and region expansion every year

So every country is basically the same. Doesn’t that feel brotherly. Except Japen and South Korea, they seem to need to be the outlier.

Around the Network

I wish I could compare how much time was played across platforms. I'd like to know where Nintendo stuff stacks up in some of these countries.

Wow. I've never played any of them. Guess I don't care to play online games.

Leynos said:

Japan loves GACHA stuff. Tho in general Japan and just Asia prefer physical media. Still selling CD OSTs for modern games. A million Hard Off stores all full of aisles and aisles of modern and retro games.

All these top 3 are depressing. Such horrible tastes.

To be fair.... The populace of vgchartz tends to be like fine-wine drinkers.
We know what it is out there, we know how great those options are, we likely have the disposable income to routinely give them a go.

But the rest of the populace are like cheap-goon drinkers on a washing line.. In it to get wasted and as quick and as cheaply as possible.

I am surprised at the FIFA being a most-played title in Australia, considering how irrelevant that sport is nationally.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

This only tells me that the Single-player crowd is the loudest crowd out there.

Never heard of this game called Fortnite. I heard it is somewhat popular around the world.

BiON!@