By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Experts predicted 360 to be better hardware than original XBox

Those were the days....LOL LMAO

Around the Network

ROFL
maybe it was their wild imagination back then

You think that's funny? I remember reading an issue of PSX (the unnoficial Playstation Magazine) that said the PS2 would look "Very Similar to Sega's Dreamcast, according to sources". That same month, OPM had a picture of the PS2 on it's cover! I weened myself off of PSX right about that time. I think I still have that issue. Old magazines are always a good read, because they always get it so wrong. Interestingly, I read an old issue of Incite magazine. This mag had little credibility in the gaming world, and sold for $1.00 back in 2000. It spoke about Raiden in MGS2 over a year before the game was released. I totally ignored that rumor. When I went back and read it, I said to myself "Well I'll be damned!"

remember that time when they thought ps3 would dominate?

Yea.. good times.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

and i bet he didnt expect it to lose to the wii now did he?

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network
Neos said:
remember that time when they thought ps3 would dominate?

Yea.. good times.

Damage limitation much?

I think the hardware problems possibly couldn't have really been predicited, but the noise part made me laugh. My friends 360 sounds like a helicopter taking off everytime he turns it on.

roflcopter

360 is quiet...

I wonder what XBOX 360 they were playing.

Yeah, my 360 isn't too loud. At least not loud enough that I notice. I play in 5.1 surround on a 37" LCD HDTV, so between the awesome sound and the awesome picture quality, I guess I don't really notice the fans/hard drive noise. Then again, I've been playing on gaming PCs my whole life, so I'm used to some hardware noise.

Some 360s are definitely quieter than others. Most of the ones I've been around have been very loud for a console, though. It seems to be mostly the fault of the DVD drive.

well mines pretty quiet...don't know wats wrong with the others