By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Experts predicted 360 to be better hardware than original XBox

Before I begin, be mature, and if this topic doesn't appease you, don't read or post. It's meant for a few laughs.

Well anyway, I picked up an old issue of Gamepro to read on the toilet (Yeah, I'm like that) And it was the 360 special First Ever Reviews Issue. If you don't believe me, it's issue #208, January 2006.

Well,I'll quote this part from Buyers Beware.

It's titled Learn from Your Mistakes.

Microsoft clearly learned from it's decision not to use propriety hardware for the original Xbox. Hardware architecture for the 360 is far from a "PC in a Box" this time and should guarantee fewer occurrences of the hardware failures that plagued the previous console.

Another one.

If you thought the original Xbox was too loud, worry no more. The 360 is almost completely silent at startup and even reduces drive speed when playing movies just to please those of us who can't stand any excess aural distractions.

The bolded part was what made me giggle like a school girl. Now, if you don't have a sense of humor, or you are a rabid Xbox/Microsoft fanboy, keep away from this.

Well, this might have been too early to notice the Hardware failures, and I'm not pointing at anyone, but it made me laugh.....

Around the Network

Forward two years looking back. Lol. Boy were they wrong.

Isn't 360 louder than the original? Mine is loud - especially when I watch HDDVD. I have to listen to two loud machines. Where did these expert get this idea anyways?

Watch out Rock_on, this thread will lead to other threads that will point to numerous predictions PS3 made before launch.

que sera sera

things are rarely as we expect them to be

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Coca-Cola said:
Isn't 360 louder than the original? Mine is loud - especially when I watch HDDVD. I have to listen to two loud machines. Where did these expert get this idea anyways?

Watch out Rock_on, this thread will lead to other threads that will point to numerous predictions PS3 made before launch.

Oh no beware the wrath of starcraft, mr stickball ,gebx and the other 360 fanboys. This could lead to twenty page threads disputing this.

Around the Network

Thanks, that is pretty funny.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Its kind of like all the experts predicting the Nintendo Wii would not be as successful as it is today and the PS3 would continue the PS2 domination. Oh the irony.

BTW: 360 is really loud, much louder than the Original XBox.  The 360 has reportedly resulted in regular cases of hardware failure. hardware reliability for the 360 has been a lot worse than the original XBox.

Lol. This is funny. You really can't really dispute it either. 360 is definitely less reliable then its predecesor and is one of noisiest consoles ever. RRoD has been a spectacular failure for Microsoft.

Well, the first statement seems like a "valid" prediction, so whatever for that. But the second one was ridiculous.

"If you thought the original Xbox was too loud, worry no more. The 360 is almost completely silent at startup and even reduces drive speed when playing movies just to please those of us who can't stand any excess aural distractions."

How the heck can the guy say that the way he did? The way he said it, it seems as if he tested it, and saw/heard it in front of him...........yet we all know what it's like. So I don't know where he came from, and how it's called a prediction.

Very Funny, what ever experts say the opposite is usually true.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-