By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga Trailer

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Having seen all the Mad Max films except Furiosa, I'd actually consider all of them to be excellent.

The first is clearly a very low budget endeavour, but it has a scrappy underdog charm that I really quite like.

The second is the best thanks to its top notch action.

The third slows down a bit to invest more in worldbuilding, and while the action isn't quite on the same level as Mad Max 2, it's still very enjoyable.

Fury Road is a visual feast with, for my money, some of the coolest action scenes ever committed to film and masterful pacing.

It's one of those rare franchises to me that doesn't have a weak entry.

I disagree with this, Beyond Thunderdome was absolutely terrible in my opinion. It had some cool moments, especially the actual Thunderdome scene, but the pacing is off, the score is extremely jarring, and the whole "kids in the forest" arc was completely out of place. I don't pay much attention to ratings but that's the only movie in the series to get a PG-13 and it really shows.

I'm also not a fan of the first one, but I mean, it's the first one. For the budget it was on, it gets a pass.

Thunderdome is the odd one out for sure, and it's probably my least favourite of the four but I still enjoyed it. Definitely a bit silly at times, but I honestly found that endearing.

Around the Network

Thunderdome is difficult for me to rank. The scenes in the city with the thunderdome is some of the best in the series. But later scenes are some of the worst in the series.
I like it for the good parts, it was not time wasted to watch it.

Thunderdome has great characters, something that isn't generally strength of the series.
The way I see it, 3 has story/dialogue, FR has action, 2 has both and first valiantly tried to have both.

I was a bit underwhelmed with Thunderdome back in 80s. Later when I rewatched it, I actually really liked it for its grey morality characters and worldbuilding. Unfortunately, chase felt like a weak rehash of Road Warrior.

At the end of the day, Mad Max fans got Fury Road and Furiosa, I guess they should just be happy with that. This was never a huge franchise to begin with and it's rooted in the completely outdated "chase movie" sub-genre niche of the 1970s/1980s. It's not exactly something that screams "big box office". I still think Furiosa was kind of pointless as a movie as we know enough about Furiosa from Fury Road that it didn't justify a 2 1/2 hour movie on its own, but whatever I guess. It's a well made film, I'll give it that, I just don't see the point in investing so much into this particular story. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 07 June 2024

Around the Network

Watched the movieclips of the film on youtube. Great film but would have not gone to see it in theatres.m

BiON!@