By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 125 84.46%

Spiderman 2 23 15.54%

Total:148
Chrkeller said:
CourageTCD said:

Could someoney please summurize this whole heated discussion that lingers here in this forum?

Person A thought spider 2 would sell more than Mario Wonder.  He was wrong.  So persons B, C and D are demanding blood of his first born.  

Yeah... no. Your first sentence is correct, but then you are off base.

Person A thought Spider-Man 2 would sell more for sure. When initial sales data came in, person A immediately claimed victory only to be proven wrong with later data. Since then person A has been unable to take the loss and has kept bumping this thread every time favorable data for their case has come in, only to be proven wrong again by additional data.

It's such blatant trolling that I do wonder why you still haven't picked up on this.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

Person A thought spider 2 would sell more than Mario Wonder.  He was wrong.  So persons B, C and D are demanding blood of his first born.  

Person A thought Spider-Man 2 would sell more for sure. When initial sales data came in, person A immediately claimed victory only to be proven wrong with later data. Since then person A has been unable to take the loss and has kept bumping this thread every time favorable data for their case has come in, only to be proven wrong again by additional data.

It's such blatant trolling that I do wonder why you still haven't picked up on this.

Because neither side is being fair.  If we are honest the idea that spider 2 would sell more than Wonder was mocked...  and sales are super close.  Steam will probably put spider 2 above Wonder.

It is kind of like when a person predicts a major upset in sports and the game goes to double OT...  sure the prediction was wrong, but damn the prediction wasn't as bold as originally thought. 

Plus I think mob mentality against a single person is just weak.  

Spider 2 was way closer to Wonder than all of us thought.  At least us honest folk.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

"Wonder and it won't be close."

That was my prediction and I was super wonderfully wrong.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
RolStoppable said:

Because neither side is being fair.  If we are honest the idea that spider 2 would sell more than Wonder was mocked...  and sales are super close.  Steam will probably put spider 2 above Wonder.

It is kind of like when a person predicts a major upset in sports and the game goes to double OT...  sure the prediction was wrong, but damn the prediction wasn't as bold as originally thought. 

Spider 2 was way closer to Wonder than all of us thought.  At least us honest folk.  

let's not forget this is the same poster that called me a casual cause i said this won't be doing 30 million in sales lol. I have accepted spider man 2 won't be beating mario wonder still a small chance it still can though but i nailed with my wonder prediction when people were acting it was gonna be the next mario kart in sales.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

let's not forget this is the same poster that called me a casual cause i said this won't be doing 30 million in sales lol. I have accepted spider man 2 won't be beating mario wonder still a small chance it still can though but i nailed with my wonder prediction when people were acting it was gonna be the next mario kart in sales.

It certainly didn't sell as much as I thought it would.  I thought it would hit 20 without a problem.  It might some day, but it will awhile.

Spider 2 via steam....  could pass wonder.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

A PC release is irrelevant to the topic at hand, because any sales coming from it don't count in this prediction thread.

As for the sports analogy, it's like someone predicts an upset and then the underdog scores the first points of the game, but by the end of the first quarter the favorite has secured a safe lead again. That's where we are at right now; nowhere near the end of the game, let alone overtime.

I will say it again, anytime this thread gets bumped, it's done by the guy who got it wrong in an attempt to claim a victory despite still being wrong. Of course he is going to get called out for that.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

A PC release is irrelevant to the topic at hand, because any sales coming from it don't count in this prediction thread.

As for the sports analogy, it's like someone predicts an upset and then the underdog scores the first points of the game, but by the end of the first quarter the favorite has secured a safe lead again. That's where we are at right now; nowhere near the end of the game, let alone overtime.

I will say it again, anytime this thread gets bumped, it's done by the guy who got it wrong in an attempt to claim a victory despite still being wrong. Of course he is going to get called out for that.

Naw the main argument was the mario wonder would be the next coming and it would be rival totk first 3 months which did like 18 million and it's not even close, sure spider man 2 will most likely lose but the people trying to tell me how wrong i was and telling mario wonder be doing 30 million it's not happening. 

RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

Fair enough.  I'm shocked it is 13 to 11....  I was not expecting that.  I thought Zeldaring was crazy but he was more right than I was.  

As far as PC sales not counting, to each their own.  I count them given they are in fact sales that put money in sony's pocket.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

Fair enough.  I'm shocked it is 13 to 11....  I was not expecting that.  I thought Zeldaring was crazy but he was more right than I was.  

As far as PC sales not counting, to each their own.  I count them given they are in fact sales that put money in sony's pocket.  

The reason why PC sales do not count is because that's how the creator of this thread has defined it. In the same way, a hypothetical Switch 2 port of SMBW won't count here either.

RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

The reason why PC sales do not count is because that's how the creator of this thread has defined it. In the same way, a hypothetical Switch 2 port of SMBW won't count here either.

The OP is entitled to his view and positions.  However I don't blindly follow just because someone said so.  For me sales are sales.  PC sales could be big and are important.  But if others want to ignore it, good for them?

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED