By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 125 84.46%

Spiderman 2 23 15.54%

Total:148
Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

Mario wonder is just continuation of 2d mario like skyward sword was a continuation of ttp

As for him for the other poster you replied to to hardly anyone said they would close most prediction had mario wonder at 35-40 million here lol.

Whats your point? Yes it's a continuation of 2D Mario but not a sequel to anything on Switch.

As for that other nonsense, you pulled that completely out your ass. The consensus was not 35 to 40 million. That's your problem, you lack the commonsense to realize you can't just take the most optimistic predictions and apply them to everyone, just because you are butthurt your pessimistic prediction has already blown up in your face. This is exactly why you and potent are doing this. You both are acting like everyone was so optimistic so you can claim your pessitimic nonsense was more accurate. Predictions for both games were all over the place, post people didn't even give numbers but instead just said Mario will win. You are one of the few that gave a figure which seemed pessitimic. Just because we thought your 20 million was pessitimic doesn't mean we are predicting 40 million lol, there are figures between a pessitimic 20 million and optimistic 40 million, how about 30 million lol.

Most posters I was arguing with were people predicting 35-40 million I said no way. Just read the thread. My prediction was 20 million with 22 million tops

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:

Not a single mention in your post of anyone predicting Spiderman 2 to outsell Mario, you are so caught up in this that you don't even care to acknowledge those predictions. That's why its obvious what you are trying to do. You are so hurt its pathetic, there were plenty of people that made those prescriptions yet you ignore them because you want to so badly to make Mario sound bad because of the likely turnout. So again, did Spiderman 2 underperform according to the many predictions of Spiderman 2 beating Mario? Stop cherrypicking specific Mario predictions to fuel your console warrior post.

Your first reply mentioned "Mario Wonder kicking SpiderMan 2's teeth in" within the opening sentence, yet you want to call my post out for console warring, while still ignoring my original prediction. That's real clown energy. I guess you think I'm lowballing Mario Wonder with a 40M - 50M+ lifetime prediction, since you're adamant that I'm trying to make Mario sound bad. 

And why are you so concerned that I'm not focused on a minority prediction? How many users in here actually predicted SpiderMan 2 to win this comp? Three at most? Is that more than the amount of people on the first page of this thread that think Mario Wonder would outsell SM2? I guess its all good if precious Mario isn't being disrespected! And yeah, SpiderMan 2 underperformed relative to a few predictions in here, just like Mario Wonder, but the latter happened on a much larger and more egregious scale as I noted. I'm glad we agree, and hopefully it can help you cope a little better. 

Seriously, read my original prediction in this thread, or don't bother replying if you aren't even going to attempt to address it, because the picture you so desperately want to paint about me being afraid of big bad Mario winning this comparison is ridiculous, and quite frankly idiotic. 

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I could be extremely wrong, but I feel like Mario Wonder sales are being damaged due to the fact that it was launched very late on Nintendo Switch. At least in Japan, sales of the game are already declining, and I don't see how it could have a boost. I don't know how is the situation in the rest of the world. Could be better or worse, we'll have to wait.

Spider-Man 2 on the other hand, released when the PS5 was 3 years old, and the system sales are growing, so more people will buy Playstation 5, and get the game. What could hurt its sales is a PC port. That's why I thought Spider-Man 2 could beat Mario Wonder in the long term.

But who knows.

TL;DR: Palworld will beat both games.

Mario is not underperforming, it's selling as it was supposed to be I think, 20 million range is a great result. To sell more than this you need to be either a multi-player focused game, a genre defining game or a cultural reset

If you want a reason for the sales not crossing 30 million I would blame the lack of more engaging multi-player gameplay 

PotentHerbs said:
Phenomajp13 said:

What a ridiculous post, but since Mario is officially kicking Spidermans teeth in of course this is what you pull. It's underperforming because a few people predicted a larger launch quarter? Some predicted Spiderman to win this, did Spiderman underperform then? Zeldaring predicted a 20 million lifetime if I'm not mistaken, 2D Mario games are known for legs, that prediction looks dumb. As well as your attempt to take a jab at Mario after smoking Spiderman. Mario will win this, so deal with it.

Why don't you actually read my prediction in this thread before acting all emotional? I predicted Mario Wonder to win first week + lifetime. But oh wait, its all a rouse, and I'm trying to save face! What a laughable response. 

Like I said, zeldaring predicting 20M lifetime for Wonder may be a lowball, but its not the most egregious post in here. A few were expecting 15M - 20M units sold in this quarter for Wonder based on early thread sentiment. Some expected Mario Wonder to win first week as well as lifetime. Some expected Mario Wonder to outsell SpiderMan 2's lifetime in one quarter. Some expected Wonder to win because they didn't expect SpiderMan 2 to sell over 20M lifetime on just the PS5. That's what I meant by underperforming relative to many predictions in here. Understand?

Getting all worked up before official numbers are even announced too lol. Would it make you feel better if I revised my original lifetime prediction of 40M - 50M for Mario Wonder to 200M+? Don't worry, SpiderMan 2 sales won't hurt you anymore, Mario will make sure of it! 

And he have the balls to pretend he wasn't pissed with Xtreme because of "low balling" Switch sales in Japan for 2023. We can see he being triggered by several posts that don't make the most optimistic sales of Nintendo stuff and attacking/harassing whoever makes those. And of course ignore the ones that are bellow low balling for Sony products.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

zeldaring said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Whats your point? Yes it's a continuation of 2D Mario but not a sequel to anything on Switch.

As for that other nonsense, you pulled that completely out your ass. The consensus was not 35 to 40 million. That's your problem, you lack the commonsense to realize you can't just take the most optimistic predictions and apply them to everyone, just because you are butthurt your pessimistic prediction has already blown up in your face. This is exactly why you and potent are doing this. You both are acting like everyone was so optimistic so you can claim your pessitimic nonsense was more accurate. Predictions for both games were all over the place, post people didn't even give numbers but instead just said Mario will win. You are one of the few that gave a figure which seemed pessitimic. Just because we thought your 20 million was pessitimic doesn't mean we are predicting 40 million lol, there are figures between a pessitimic 20 million and optimistic 40 million, how about 30 million lol.

Most posters I was arguing with were people predicting 35-40 million I said no way. Just read the thread. My prediction was 20 million with 22 million tops

You were argueing with several people and a good bit of them never mentioned 35 to 40 million. You literally took the prediction of one poster and applied to everyone against you. Regardless, your 20 to 22 million is in trouble no matter how bad you want to claim victory with your fellow Sony fans like Potent and Don.  

PotentHerbs said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Not a single mention in your post of anyone predicting Spiderman 2 to outsell Mario, you are so caught up in this that you don't even care to acknowledge those predictions. That's why its obvious what you are trying to do. You are so hurt its pathetic, there were plenty of people that made those prescriptions yet you ignore them because you want to so badly to make Mario sound bad because of the likely turnout. So again, did Spiderman 2 underperform according to the many predictions of Spiderman 2 beating Mario? Stop cherrypicking specific Mario predictions to fuel your console warrior post.

Your first reply mentioned "Mario Wonder kicking SpiderMan 2's teeth in" within the opening sentence, yet you want to call my post out for console warring, while still ignoring my original prediction. That's real clown energy. I guess you think I'm lowballing Mario Wonder with a 40M - 50M+ lifetime prediction, since you're adamant that I'm trying to make Mario sound bad. 

And why are you so concerned that I'm not focused on a minority prediction? How many users in here actually predicted SpiderMan 2 to win this comp? Three at most? Is that more than the amount of people on the first page of this thread that think Mario Wonder would outsell SM2? I guess its all good if precious Mario isn't being disrespected! And yeah, SpiderMan 2 underperformed relative to a few predictions in here, just like Mario Wonder, but the latter happened on a much larger and more egregious scale as I noted. I'm glad we agree, and hopefully it can help you cope a little better. 

Seriously, read my original prediction in this thread, or don't bother replying if you aren't even going to attempt to address it, because the picture you so desperately want to paint about me being afraid of big bad Mario winning this comparison is ridiculous, and quite frankly idiotic. 

Your orginal prediction has nothing to do with you ignoring all the post of Spideman outselling Mario, you acted like they don't exist and still do. Now all of a sudden it was just "3 people" lol you are full of it. Your prediction has nothing to do with your obvious attempt to downplay Mario because the majority were right including yourself of Mario beating Spiderman. You downplay it because you are a Sony fan that would rather see it the other way, but doesn't want to look like Zeldaring lol. Also, Mario did kick Spiderman's teeth in. Spiderman lost on several charts against a game missing all of it's digital sales. That's definitely getting your teeth kicked in. Commonsense would show you, you don't use optismtic predictions to judge whether something underperformed or not. If the PS5 doesn't make its fiscal year goal of 25 million set by Sony themselves, then it underperformed then right? Or do you have enough commonsense to realize 22 or 23 million is an insanely good amount and Sony's ambitious target was just that, an ambitious target.

DonFerrari said:
PotentHerbs said:

Why don't you actually read my prediction in this thread before acting all emotional? I predicted Mario Wonder to win first week + lifetime. But oh wait, its all a rouse, and I'm trying to save face! What a laughable response. 

Like I said, zeldaring predicting 20M lifetime for Wonder may be a lowball, but its not the most egregious post in here. A few were expecting 15M - 20M units sold in this quarter for Wonder based on early thread sentiment. Some expected Mario Wonder to win first week as well as lifetime. Some expected Mario Wonder to outsell SpiderMan 2's lifetime in one quarter. Some expected Wonder to win because they didn't expect SpiderMan 2 to sell over 20M lifetime on just the PS5. That's what I meant by underperforming relative to many predictions in here. Understand?

Getting all worked up before official numbers are even announced too lol. Would it make you feel better if I revised my original lifetime prediction of 40M - 50M for Mario Wonder to 200M+? Don't worry, SpiderMan 2 sales won't hurt you anymore, Mario will make sure of it! 

And he have the balls to pretend he wasn't pissed with Xtreme because of "low balling" Switch sales in Japan for 2023. We can see he being triggered by several posts that don't make the most optimistic sales of Nintendo stuff and attacking/harassing whoever makes those. And of course ignore the ones that are bellow low balling for Sony products.

I didn't get pissed, you literally make no sesne. Low balling predictions cause clowns to eat crow, why would I not want that? Why would I have a problem with Xtreme or Zeldaring having low balled predictions? Why wouldn't I want to serve them crow? Why are you so obsessed with me? What are you even talking about? What post did I get triggered by that don't make the most optimistic sales for Nintendo? I literally called out a fellow Sony fan about twisting the truth, acting like nobody predicted Spiderman over Mario and trying to act like Mario underperformed all because he is butthurt over Mario beating a Sony game. According to him, everyone predicted Mario to have a 20 million opening. You yourself said in another post, the fastest selling Mario game isn't underperforming. His prediction was too optimistic. It doesn't make sense to act like everyone expected this explosive 2D Mario game and expected 35 to 40 million. There were several people that expected Mario to beat Spiderman and thats it. People were all of over the place, that doesn't make Mario an underperformer. Does this logic apply to Sony? Sony made an incredibly ambitious 25 million target, 23 million will be underperformance right? That's ridiculous, 25 million was crazy ambitious.

Around the Network

This thread is such popcorn-consuming goodness.

Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

You were argueing with several people and a good bit of them never mentioned 35 to 40 million. You literally took the prediction of one poster and applied to everyone against you. Regardless, your 20 to 22 million is in trouble no matter how bad you want to claim victory with your fellow Sony fans like Potent and Don.  

PotentHerbs said:

Your orginal prediction has nothing to do with you ignoring all the post of Spideman outselling Mario, you acted like they don't exist and still do. Now all of a sudden it was just "3 people" lol you are full of it. Your prediction has nothing to do with your obvious attempt to downplay Mario because the majority were right including yourself of Mario beating Spiderman. You downplay it because you are a Sony fan that would rather see it the other way, but doesn't want to look like Zeldaring lol. Also, Mario did kick Spiderman's teeth in. Spiderman lost on several charts against a game missing all of it's digital sales. That's definitely getting your teeth kicked in. Commonsense would show you, you don't use optismtic predictions to judge whether something underperformed or not. If the PS5 doesn't make its fiscal year goal of 25 million set by Sony themselves, then it underperformed then right? Or do you have enough commonsense to realize 22 or 23 million is an insanely good amount and Sony's ambitious target was just that, an ambitious target.

DonFerrari said:

I didn't get pissed, you literally make no sesne. Low balling predictions cause clowns to eat crow, why would I not want that? Why would I have a problem with Xtreme or Zeldaring having low balled predictions? Why wouldn't I want to serve them crow? Why are you so obsessed with me? What are you even talking about? What post did I get triggered by that don't make the most optimistic sales for Nintendo? I literally called out a fellow Sony fan about twisting the truth, acting like nobody predicted Spiderman over Mario and trying to act like Mario underperformed all because he is butthurt over Mario beating a Sony game. According to him, everyone predicted Mario to have a 20 million opening. You yourself said in another post, the fastest selling Mario game isn't underperforming. His prediction was too optimistic. It doesn't make sense to act like everyone expected this explosive 2D Mario game and expected 35 to 40 million. There were several people that expected Mario to beat Spiderman and thats it. People were all of over the place, that doesn't make Mario an underperformer. Does this logic apply to Sony? Sony made an incredibly ambitious 25 million target, 23 million will be underperformance right? That's ridiculous, 25 million was crazy ambitious.

You see low predictions and start attacking people and them claim to have no issues with them? Sure. I bet you are serving crow for the folks that claimed Mario Wonder will in 1Q outsell the LT of SM2.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Phenomajp13 said:

PotentHerbs said:

You see low predictions and start attacking people and them claim to have no issues with them? Sure. I bet you are serving crow for the folks that claimed Mario Wonder will in 1Q outsell the LT of SM2.

What low prediction did I attack? You literally make nonsense, I attacked Potent who agreed with Mario outselling Spiderman. 

zeldaring said:
Phenomajp13 said:

What a ridiculous post, but since Mario is officially kicking Spidermans teeth in of course this is what you pull. It's underperforming because a few people predicted a larger launch quarter? Some predicted Spiderman to win this, did Spiderman underperform then? Zeldaring predicted a 20 million lifetime if I'm not mistaken, 2D Mario games are known for legs, that prediction looks dumb. As well as your attempt to take a jab at Mario after smoking Spiderman. Mario will win this, so deal with it.

Lol it's the end of Switch's life cycle games will have shorter legs just look at tears of the kingdom, and no real proof mario wonder is kicking spiderman ass they seem pretty close and I expect spiderman to ahead by 1 million at this point.  Also people seem to forget that Mario galaxy 2 and zelda skyward on wii came out late in wii life cycle and sold much worse then the prequels . Mario wonder  legs will depend on how strong switch remains this year, and I don't expect switch to keep going strong.

You can't apply TOTK performance to Mario Wonder because both games have a different sales trajectory. Just taking a look at the weekly sales chart alone is enough to show that Mario Wonder is performing much better than TOTK after the launch. 

TOTK launched over 2.5 times more than Mario Wonder in many territories, and yet Wonder is about to overtake TOTK in just a few months.

For example 

Spain TOTK launch: 175k, LTD: 315k. Mario Wonder launch: 68k, LTD: 240k

Japan TOTK launch: 1.2M, LTD: 1.9M. Mario Wonder launch: 620k, LTD: 1.6M.

UK TOTK launch: 208k. Mario Wonder launch: 80k and about to overtake TOTK LTD according to Chris Dring.

So what are the updated numbers now?