By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 125 84.46%

Spiderman 2 23 15.54%

Total:148
DonFerrari said:
Chrkeller said:

You (and me) are also owed an apology for the iPhone.  RE8 runs like complete crap.  So much for ps5 in your pocket.  

Kotaku seems to think in 2 to 3 iPhone generations it will run RE8 which launched in 2021 and isn't even a good looking game.  Sounds awesome for a $1000+ device.  

I think it super odd how people when talking about playing games a PS5/Series X is to expensive but a 1000 smartphone playing it poorly is a good deal (sure will go for everything non-gaming to justify it).

No idea considering I can get a RTX 4080 for the same price as an iPhone which will smoke Village at max setting at fps beyond 120.

If someone wants a cool phone, fair enough.  I just don't want to hear it is a topshelf gaming device.  The same will be true for the switch 2.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
DonFerrari said:

I think it super odd how people when talking about playing games a PS5/Series X is to expensive but a 1000 smartphone playing it poorly is a good deal (sure will go for everything non-gaming to justify it).

No idea considering I can get a RTX 4080 for the same price as an iPhone which will smoke Village at max setting at fps beyond 120.

If someone wants a cool phone, fair enough.  I just don't want to hear it is a topshelf gaming device.  The same will be true for the switch 2.  

Totally agree with you =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

NSMB fatigue wasn't just a thing on forums, it showed in sales as well, both for NSMBU and 2; Switch and 3DS both had proportionately lower sales of NSMB than Wii because of this.

Personally I doubt Switch 2's release will kill sales of Wonder, there's still a massive base of Switch owners and they won't all buy it immediately. 3DS games didn't just instantly stop selling after Switch came out.

Well see what happens but I feel there might be some mario fatigue. Like sure NSMBU and 3d world were ports but no one really  owned a wiiu compared to 100 million switches and just on Switch alone that's gonna be 4 mario platformers witch  mario wonder. My prediction is 20 million on Switch. 

20 million prediction before October 20th.

zeldaring said:
Mar1217 said:

Considering Mario is now dominating the physical software charts over Spiderman in the moment and that it will have a big presence this Holiday, the race between Spidey 2 and Mario Wonder has truly just started.

No one can call any kind of early victory in this case

My prediction was it would be close and spiderman 2 would  win. Ps5 will out sell switch this holiday by huge margin and spider man 2 will be bundled probably. I'll call it now Mario wonder ain't doing more then 22 million and switch being at the end of its life cycle 22 million tops

Now we are up to 22 million despite these supposedly disappointing launch numbers of 4.3m in October. Confidence sounds different.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
zeldaring said:

Well see what happens but I feel there might be some mario fatigue. Like sure NSMBU and 3d world were ports but no one really  owned a wiiu compared to 100 million switches and just on Switch alone that's gonna be 4 mario platformers witch  mario wonder. My prediction is 20 million on Switch. 

zeldaring said:

My prediction was it would be close and spiderman 2 would  win. Ps5 will out sell switch this holiday by huge margin and spider man 2 will be bundled probably. I'll call it now Mario wonder ain't doing more then 22 million and switch being at the end of its life cycle 22 million tops

Now we are up to 22 million despite these supposedly disappointing launch numbers of 4.3m in October. Confidence sounds different.

20  million was my prediction with 22 million being tops, anyway are you gonna apologize when i'm right? I guess you were the casual lol. I want accountability for your bad prediction like you wanted accountability for mine.  

Last edited by zeldaring - on 09 November 2023

zeldaring said:
RolStoppable said:

zeldaring said:

20  million was my prediction with 22 million being tops, anyway are you gonna apologize when i'm right? I guess you were the casual lol. I want accountability for your bad prediction like you wanted accountability for mine.  

People might like you more if you stop being an obnoxious ass all the time. Like holy shit you act like a complete dick all the time and wonder why people react negatively to you.

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
zeldaring said:

People might like you more if you stop being an obnoxious ass all the time. Like holy shit you act like a complete dick all the time and wonder why people react negatively to you.

Maybe you should read the whole thread before making judgement. I was constantly getting attacked and interrogated cause i made a 20 million prediction  for mario wonder with people asking for accountability and calling me a casual along with saying my reasons have no logic and all did was make prediction but i'm not surprised at your response as you constantly love to attack me. I don't care if people on a message board like me lol cause they can't take any criticism about a toy that they like. 

zeldaring said:
pikashoe said:

Maybe you should read the whole thread before making judgement. I was constantly getting attacked and interrogated cause i made a 20 million prediction  for mario wonder with people asking for accountability and calling me a casual along with saying my reasons have no logic and all did was make prediction but i'm not surprised at your response.

Nah, you’re just trying to play victim, people asked you  to back up your claims with data (this sites focus) instead of random statements pulled out of your ass.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

Maybe you should read the whole thread before making judgement. I was constantly getting attacked and interrogated cause i made a 20 million prediction  for mario wonder with people asking for accountability and calling me a casual along with saying my reasons have no logic and all did was make prediction but i'm not surprised at your response.

Nah, you’re just trying to play victim, people asked you  to back up your claims with data (this sites focus) instead of random statements pulled out of your ass.

It's a prediction and I don't need to back my claims with data. My prediction is playing out just like expected.

zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

It's a prediction and I don't need to back my claims with data. My prediction is playing out just like expected.

yes you do? otherwise you're just saying nonsensical shit and people will call you out. just like it's happening in this thread.

zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

Your first answer to him here was very offensive.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9474337

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9474343

Slownenberg claiming Mario would do in the first quarter more than SM2 would be able to reach lifetime didn't even raise any eyebrow nor the other posts of people expecting at least 2:1.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."