By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Starfield Poll

How many people do you think will play Starfield by the end of 2023?

12-14 million 197 37.52%

14-16 million 70 13.33%

16-18 million 72 13.71%

18-20 million 81 15.43%

20-22 million 43 8.19%

22-24 million 8 1.52%

25+ million 54 10.29%

Total:525

With Starfield starting out at 10 million players within the first month of release, where do you think the stopping point will be by year end? 

Have you bought it or played it on Game Pass? 

Last edited by axumblade - on 27 September 2023

Around the Network

I think it has a good chance at reaching 20 million at the most. The end of 2023 is still insanely packed lol. Definitely going to go down as one of the greatest years in gaming history.

I bought it on Steam personally. Also, it's 10 million players, not sales as of yet. Although we'll never get official sales numbers lol

I'm guessing around 20 million, I imagine it has sold at least 3 million at this point in time in addition to gamepass players. The biggest key to success for the game is going to be the metric of how many new gamepass subscribers are there, and how many of those new subscribers hold onto that subscription for a year+

gtotheunit91 said:

I think it has a good chance at reaching 20 million at the most. The end of 2023 is still insanely packed lol. Definitely going to go down as one of the greatest years in gaming history.

I bought it on Steam personally. Also, it's 10 million players, not sales as of yet. Although we'll never get official sales numbers lol

Good catch. I meant to change that before reopening this thread. No doubt it will hit the 10 million mark in sales just not quite there yet though.

25+

I'm playing it on Game Pass. Just got married to Sarah Morgan.

Around the Network

Game Pass makes it hard to predict because you'd think most people that have that would at least try the game at some point and that'd be 25m, but I guess maybe a bigger portion than you'd expect aren't interested or it'd be closing in on that number much faster. Hard to say really, but if I have to guess I'll say close to 20m.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

20m+ this year seems certain to me, Bethesda games leg very well and many will grab it on Black Friday sales and the Xbox and Steam late December Winter digital sales. Add in new Xbox Series buyers this Holiday using the free 14 day gamepass trials that come with new consoles, and I just don't see how they don't pass 20m this year, considering they did 10m in just the first 3 weeks or so.

I'd be shocked if it didn't pass 20 million.

Forza Horizon 5, which you would think is a much smaller game, hit 18 million players in less than 3 months. Between GamePass and Bethesda's big presence on PC, Starfield should hit 20 million players by year's end no problem. I also expect its sales to players ratio to be notably higher than FH5, and MUCH higher than Halo Infinite.

I’m guessing around 20M this year.

Man Forza Horizon is quite the monster franchise at this point eh.

Imho, 15-16M.