By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

How many people do you think will play Starfield by the end of 2023?

12-14 million 197 37.52%

14-16 million 70 13.33%

16-18 million 72 13.71%

18-20 million 81 15.43%

20-22 million 43 8.19%

22-24 million 8 1.52%

25+ million 54 10.29%

Total:525

I bought the game on Steam because I normally put so many hours into Bethesda games that getting Game Pass for it would be a waste of money. However, while the game is pretty good, it's gotten old for me way faster than previous Bethesda franchises. It's going to take a LOT of work from mod authors before I even dream of putting as much time into the game as Skyrim or Fallout 4.

Around the Network

Weird that the most popular answer is 12-14 million yet not a single comment has mentioned those numbers.

axumblade said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I think it has a good chance at reaching 20 million at the most. The end of 2023 is still insanely packed lol. Definitely going to go down as one of the greatest years in gaming history.

I bought it on Steam personally. Also, it's 10 million players, not sales as of yet. Although we'll never get official sales numbers lol

Good catch. I meant to change that before reopening this thread. No doubt it will hit the 10 million mark in sales just not quite there yet though.

With all due respect, I wouldn't be so sure.
I mean... Fallout 4 has around 14M lifetime sales, a much more famous franchise, available on Playstation and without influence from Gamepass...
It's possible that Starfield will exceed 10M, for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the final number ends up considerably below 10M.

Manlytears said:
axumblade said:

Good catch. I meant to change that before reopening this thread. No doubt it will hit the 10 million mark in sales just not quite there yet though.

With all due respect, I wouldn't be so sure.
I mean... Fallout 4 has around 14M lifetime sales, a much more famous franchise, available on Playstation and without influence from Gamepass...
It's possible that Starfield will exceed 10M, for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the final number ends up considerably below 10M.

I think it will still be likely that it'll hit 10 million. I don't think it'll be any time soon but I think down the road, given enough content and probably sales, it will hit that mark. Unfortunately, we will are just going to keep getting info on amount of players versus amount of sales but either way, it seems like Microsoft and Bethesda are happy with the results. So I guess that'll keep Starfield a priority on their list. 

Fallout 4 had shipped 25M copies as of 2020.

Last edited by BonfiresDown - on 01 October 2023

Around the Network
BonfiresDown said:

Yeah honestly i dont know where he is getting that 14m figure from since the game sold like 12 million copies in 24 hours.

BonfiresDown said:

i saw the number on google, but VGchartz puts Fallout 4 at 20M in 2017.
So yeah, my mistake, Fallout 4 is +20M for sure.

The current number is 11 million.

https://www.futuregamereleases.com/2023/10/starfield-gathers-11-million-players-under-its-wing/

Now we've reached 12 million

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/459236/starfield-tops-12-million-players/

siebensus4 said:

Now we've reached 12 million

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/459236/starfield-tops-12-million-players/

Could still edge in another million before years end but I’m not really expecting it to get further than the bottom bracket unless they find a way to stop hemorrhaging players.