By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2023 (Sep 04 - Sep 10)

xMetroid said:

This made me realize that we will have the biggest leap in power for a Nintendo console since like the Wii-Wii U transition. It will be interesting to see how they use their new machine for their IPs.

If you count the portable side of things, 3DS to Switch was a massive leap, but yeah, I agree that it will be cool to get a big jump in power for Nintendo's games.

If they were able to squeeze the likes of Mario Odyssey and Tears of the Kingdom from a 2015 mobile chipset, imagine what they can do with a contemporary one; portable graphics have come a long way in the last 8 years.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
xMetroid said:

This made me realize that we will have the biggest leap in power for a Nintendo console since like the Wii-Wii U transition. It will be interesting to see how they use their new machine for their IPs.

If you count the portable side of things, 3DS to Switch was a massive leap, but yeah, I agree that it will be cool to get a big jump in power for Nintendo's games.

If they were able to squeeze the likes of Mario Odyssey and Tears of the Kingdom from a 2015 mobile chipset, imagine what they can do with a contemporary one; portable graphics have come a long way in the last 8 years.

Yeah its gonna be a nice upgrade. Since the last three systems were Nintendo switching from competing in the hardware power race to focusing on motion controls,  then getting generational leap but still focusing on gamepad stuff over power, and then console to hybrid (aka handheld), we've only had one generational leap in power the past 20 years.

Will be cool to have another big leap in power soon. Though admittedly I'm much more interested in where they take the next round of software than just being excited about power upgrade. Like, open world 3D Mario ala Bowser's Fury? second iteration on the open world Zelda formula (this will probably benefit from more power), Mario Kart hopefully expanding to become more like a "Nintendo Kart", what in the world will they do with Smash after Ultimate?, Prime 4 if it doesn't come out on Switch, maybe bring back Star Fox and other old franchises, a new take on DK maybe in 3D?, change up Splatoon to make it feel new, open world Pokemon actually done right? new 2D Zelda??, etc.

At an 80k baseline, Switch should reach 31M by Mario Wonder launch week.

Slownenberg said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah its gonna be a nice upgrade. Since the last three systems were Nintendo switching from competing in the hardware power race to focusing on motion controls,  then getting generational leap but still focusing on gamepad stuff over power, and then console to hybrid (aka handheld), we've only had one generational leap in power the past 20 years.

Will be cool to have another big leap in power soon. Though admittedly I'm much more interested in where they take the next round of software than just being excited about power upgrade. Like, open world 3D Mario ala Bowser's Fury? second iteration on the open world Zelda formula (this will probably benefit from more power), Mario Kart hopefully expanding to become more like a "Nintendo Kart", what in the world will they do with Smash after Ultimate?, Prime 4 if it doesn't come out on Switch, maybe bring back Star Fox and other old franchises, a new take on DK maybe in 3D?, change up Splatoon to make it feel new, open world Pokemon actually done right? new 2D Zelda??, etc.

Personally I think I am most interested in seeing with Monolith Soft can do with a generational leap in power; it would especially benefit the kind of games they make with their focus on epic large scale fantasy worlds.

Imagine a Xenoblade game with the fidelity of something like Horizon Zero Dawn or Red Dead Redemption 2. The thought is mouth-watering.

curl-6 said:
Slownenberg said:

Personally I think I am most interested in seeing with Monolith Soft can do with a generational leap in power; it would especially benefit the kind of games they make with their focus on epic large scale fantasy worlds.

Imagine a Xenoblade game with the fidelity of something like Horizon Zero Dawn or Red Dead Redemption 2. The thought is mouth-watering.

I haven't played any of the Xenoblade games but yeah I can see that as a series that can definitely benefit from a big power leap.

Around the Network
Geralt99 said:

Found (on twitter) an interesting stat regarding PS5 sales in japan.

PS5 2023 has already surpassed the biggest year of both PS4 and PS3.

It still has 15 weeks left in the year. 

Really curious to see how high it could go on that list.

Good chance it will end up entering the top 10.

Geralt99 said:

Found (on twitter) an interesting stat regarding PS5 sales in japan.

PS5 2023 has already surpassed the biggest year of both PS4 and PS3.

It still has 15 weeks left in the year. 

Really curious to see how high it could go on that list.

Interesting, I would have assumed the PS2 would have held the top two spots over the ps1.

Next week is when sales exploded in 2019.
2023 has built up a 765k buffer, it will lose some ground but should be able to keep its lead thanks to Mario Bros Wonder.

And suitably for a game about fitness, Ring Fit's legs are utterly insane, #5 around 4 years after release, for a new IP too.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a new entry after almost 4 years. Perhaps they're saving it for the Switch successor.

123tbones said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been a new entry after almost 4 years. Perhaps they're saving it for the Switch successor.

It is absolutely the kind of software you should save for a console successor. From what certain point of view, this is the kind of a sleeper hit that can sell legitimately sell a new console.

I'm also positively sure an hypothetical sequel could expand a lot on the first game which can lead to a better exercise program and game as well !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909