By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play | September 14, 2023 (2 PM PT)

Yeah, the twin pack of Intergrade + Rebirth is $69.99 on the PSN, that’s a hell of a deal.

The offer is until February 28th.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Keep driving that Final Fantasy brand down into the gutter there Square-Enix.

Yes after looking at the trailer ff is in the gutter LMAO.

One of the best showings of a game imo, this is what i wanted and so much more ...😭

Cant believe i am going to play another ff game next year😭

Very good show, better than i expected.
Spidy and PS5 set to break records this holiday.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Seemed like a very good show to me.

Better than Nintendo.

Is Spider-Man 2 Digital a separate thing from the main title ?

The Nintendo direct wasn't anything special but the switch is coming towards the end of its life so that should be expected. The ps5 on the other hand is in it's prime and this was just okish which is not good enough in my opinion.

I can't stand the motion blur that was shown in the ff7 gameplay. Am I the only one that notices these things? I wan't to see the damage i'm inflicting and the enemy feed back from my attacks, not some blurred effect..

I don't understand why devs do this, is it because without the motion blur the game would be too taxing on the cpu/gpu?

Around the Network
KratosLives said:

I can't stand the motion blur that was shown in the ff7 gameplay. Am I the only one that notices these things? I wan't to see the damage i'm inflicting and the enemy feed back from my attacks, not some blurred effect..

I don't understand why devs do this, is it because without the motion blur the game would be too taxing on the cpu/gpu?

Modern gaming in general, most have a motion blur setting in action games, which I turn off, I also prioritise framerate if I can. Someone did a comparison to Uncharted 4 with and without motion blur and without looked so much better.

But in the case of FF7Rs, considering basic attacks are minor things doing 5-10 damage over and over just so you can get to do an ability or magic, those minor hits don't really matter, depending on the character or moves you can be moving all over the place and not sure even sure what you are doing, only that the obvious big HP bar at the top of the screen or the enemy is going down. Certainly different to old games where you didn't know their health unless you scanned them so knowing when their death state was, was part of the strategy.

Hmm, pie.