By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unity is going to charge for installations of games using their engine

EpicRandy said:
theRepublic said:

This is all good, but until the board of directors changes, I still wouldn't trust Unity.

I don't know about other members of the BOD to be honest and it's hard to pin causes on individuals for a decision that was allowed by the collective supported by the CEO. As such would not know how to evaluate change as improvement or not in this regards. And I believe, that it would be the same for most unity users.

However, I'm interested to know who will replace Riccitiello because he should be able challenge the BOD when their interest is too shortsighted if he isn't himself like it was the case for Riccitiello.

Check this post:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9470299

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
EpicRandy said:

I don't know about other members of the BOD to be honest and it's hard to pin causes on individuals for a decision that was allowed by the collective supported by the CEO. As such would not know how to evaluate change as improvement or not in this regards. And I believe, that it would be the same for most unity users.

However, I'm interested to know who will replace Riccitiello because he should be able challenge the BOD when their interest is too shortsighted if he isn't himself like it was the case for Riccitiello.

Check this post:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9470299

Ho, I see now, than we can only hope a massive screw up like this and losing close to 25% of their value will temper their intrusiveness / shortsightedness and allow a competent CEO to have more weigh in decision making.

Let's also hope that, by witnessing how unity's customer are the actual ultimate decision makers the 'like to act bossy and disregard basic logic' rats will leaves by revisng their portfolio of Unity Stock.