By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple iPhone 15 Pro Will Have Console Games (RE4R, RE Village, Assassin's Creed, DS)

Decima engine running on mobile will be big for Sony in coming years.

Around the Network

Why is it always Nintendo that's in danger when Nintendo makes more money in gaming then Sony does?

我是广州人

Mmm mmmhh ... So are we forgetting the elephant in the room about how the mobile phone gaming ecosystem is simply mainly driven by free-to-play riddle microtransactions/gacha games that are good for bursts of play for most of these device owners ?

Because, you will prolly never see Apple boasting about their sales when it comes to the prenium paid experiences ... I mean they simply just do not perform well if you take a look at it historically.

Heck even a 5$ Mario game back then was too much of an asking for mobile phone crowd. Do you sincerely imagine a crowd of them to go buy AAA ports at premium prices ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

All hail the new Apple N-Gage!

The iPhone may be powerful enough to run those games, but with what quality and framerates? Also, how's the battery life gonna be while running such games.

Finally, controls on a phone are always somewhat arkward compared to a handheld console, as you cover up part of the screen and thus field of view. In some of those games, that can have a big impact on the gameplay.

Mar1217 said:

Mmm mmmhh ... So are we forgetting the elephant in the room about how the mobile phone gaming ecosystem is simply mainly driven by free-to-play riddle microtransactions/gacha games that are good for bursts of play for most of these device owners ?

Because, you will prolly never see Apple boasting about their sales when it comes to the prenium paid experiences ... I mean they simply just do not perform well if you take a look at it historically.

Heck even a 5$ Mario game back then was too much of an asking for mobile phone crowd. Do you sincerely imagine a crowd of them to go buy AAA ports at premium prices ?

If you can play those games also on a Mac, then this might be a real change, as the crowd shifts dramatically then.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mar1217 said:

If you can play those games also on a Mac, then this might be a real change, as the crowd shifts dramatically then.

OOOH a Mac the computer 7% of people use and fewer than that game on and even less paying for old ports. So we are looking at a whopping 0.0004% of playing old ports. That will be the boost to end consoles!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

OOOH a Mac the computer 7% of people use and fewer than that game on and even less paying for old ports. So we are looking at a whopping 0.0004% of playing old ports. That will be the boost to end consoles!

I didn't say it would increase the amount of people, I'm just saying that those would be much more willing to pay those $$$ than pure mobile games. The total sales would still be very low probably, just not laughably low anymore if that's the case.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

If they can match PS4 version graphics and resolution with 30 fps lock it will be very impressive.

Lol. So much drama.

The Switch is not threatened, not at all. No one is going to stop buying the Switch because Apple is showing the slightest interest in steering iOS gaming to a different direction to appeal to traditional gamers. The base iPads has been stronger than the Switch for a while (maybe always has been as well?) and comes a robust hardware package that does a lot more than gaming, iPadOS is inching towards desktop levels of functionality with every update, yet, Nintendo handhelds are more successful than ever.

The iPhone and the iPads have always had the potential to attract the traditional gamers, Apple doesn't care, they make more money out of gaming than SONY/MS/Nintendo, after all. This may change because the EU is somehow convinced Apple is a monopoly (when they only have 30% of the marketshare in the EU and 20% worldwide lol), third party stores will be available as a result of new laws but I still don't see how iOS will be a threat to Nintendo because of this, unless the entire industry is persuaded to make native iOS ports, nothing will change...

... and even if this happens, this will only be a threat to SONY/MS as their consoles are third party dependents, MS even less so now that they're acquiring the most profitable IPs out there and they're essentially becoming the biggest video gaming publisher regardless of how pathetic Xbox sales become. I think some choose to ignore how powerful and evergreen Nintendo IPs are, MS is out there spending 100 billion dollars to get a taste of that immortal greenery. 

Nintendo's reaction to yesterday's event? no one cared or maybe mildly positive if Apple is actively steering third parties to develop native ports for ARM, let's face it, anything that will work on the iPhone Pro will be released for the new Switch, no doubt in my mind about this.