By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple iPhone 15 Pro Will Have Console Games (RE4R, RE Village, Assassin's Creed, DS)

zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

No, nothing about what you’re saying is common sense, explain to me how a PSP3 in 2017 would be significantly more powerful than Switch.

Also do you have any proof that PSP & Vita were sold at a $100 loss and that Switch was sold for a $50 profit or are those numbers just pulled out of your ass?

Didn't i just tell you they could have used a customized  cooling solution or a dock that would allow for a much higher clock. Sony was also losing 240$ per playstation 3 sold  at 599$ and 70-90$ on ps4 and i think the same figure for ps5, which after the gamecube wii and switch were sold  at profit from day 1.

I find it funny  that you find it hard to grasp sony making a more powerful hardware with all the details i have given you. look the psp and vita they were generations ahead of Nintendo offerings at the time. 

Are you deliberately ignoring what people are explaining to you? The reason the PSP and Vita were so far ahead of Nintendo's handhelds at the time was because Nintendo went with weak hardware. You called the Switch weak when it absolutely wasn't for a early 2017 handheld. It wasn't the absolute strongest handheld possible at the time of course but it was capable so the gap between it and a hypothetical successor to the Vita would be far smaller. 

Around the Network
Norion said:
zeldaring said:

Didn't i just tell you they could have used a customized  cooling solution or a dock that would allow for a much higher clock. Sony was also losing 240$ per playstation 3 sold  at 599$ and 70-90$ on ps4 and i think the same figure for ps5, which after the gamecube wii and switch were sold  at profit from day 1.

I find it funny  that you find it hard to grasp sony making a more powerful hardware with all the details i have given you. look the psp and vita they were generations ahead of Nintendo offerings at the time. 

Are you deliberately ignoring what people are explaining to you? The reason the PSP and Vita were so far ahead of Nintendo's handhelds at the time was because Nintendo went with weak hardware. You called the Switch weak when it absolutely wasn't for a early 2017 handheld. It wasn't the absolute strongest handheld possible at the time of course but it was capable so the gap between it and a hypothetical successor to the Vita would be far smaller. 

switch wasn't really weak but it could have been much better that's all. Not saying a new handheld in 2017 would blow it away although 30fps to 60fps would be a big difference, and it was possible if nintendo took a 50$ loss on each unit vs profit. What's even more baffling to me is that switch didn't get a pro like come nintendo gives your fans some descent hardware in 2020.

zeldaring said:
Norion said:

switch wasn't really weak but it could have been much better that's all. Not saying a new handheld in 2017 would blow it away although 30fps to 60fps would be a big difference, and it was possible if nintendo took a 50$ loss on each unit vs profit. What's even more baffling to me is that switch didn't get a pro like come nintendo gives your fans some descent hardware in 2020.

Better sure but much better? Not really unless you're fine with the battery life being abysmal. A Switch Pro would've been nice but stock issues would've made it difficult at the time so the OLED was the better business move for sure. Hopefully the Switch 2 has a more notable mid-gen upgrade though.

Norion said:
zeldaring said:

Better sure but much better? Not really unless you're fine with the battery life being abysmal. A Switch Pro would've been nice but stock issues would've made it difficult at the time so the OLED was the better business move for sure. Hopefully the Switch 2 has a more notable mid-gen upgrade though.

well i was talking about docked mode in that regard it could have been much better if they designed it with a dock that could actually cool it, also most nintendo fans were confident that it would pascal a 16nm node instead of 20. I mean if switch pro sold 20% lof user base like ps4 pro i hardly see stock being a major issue, and it doesn't alway have to be about money even though i think the pro would have did great it was like the most requested thing by the fanbase.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 22 September 2023

zeldaring said:
Norion said:

well i was talking about docked mode in that regard it could have been much better if they designed it with a dock that could actually cool it, also most nintendo fans were confident that it would pascal a 16nm node instead of 20.

A dock that notably enhances performance is a cool idea though I'm unsure how practical it would be. I have nothing to say on the node part other than I hope the Switch 2 is at least as capable as the Switch was for its time.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

No, nothing about what you’re saying is common sense, explain to me how a PSP3 in 2017 would be significantly more powerful than Switch.

Also do you have any proof that PSP & Vita were sold at a $100 loss and that Switch was sold for a $50 profit or are those numbers just pulled out of your ass?

I’m asking for specifics, not “they would probably had some kind of great idea to keep the chip cooler and clock much higher”. This is a direct quote from you and it’s so incredibly vague, how would they accomplish this? And how much more powerful would this cause it to be?

I didn’t ask about PS3 or PS4 losses, I asked if you have any proof that PSP or Vita were sold at a $100 loss and that Switch was sold for a $50 profit. Are these numbers based on any concrete info or do they just “sound right” to you?

I find it funny that you think “PSP was a lot stronger than DS & Vita was a lot stronger than 3DS, therefore PSP3 would automatically be a lot stronger than Switch”. You have given no details, just vague statements and random guesses.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zeldaring said:
Norion said:

Are you deliberately ignoring what people are explaining to you? The reason the PSP and Vita were so far ahead of Nintendo's handhelds at the time was because Nintendo went with weak hardware. You called the Switch weak when it absolutely wasn't for an early 2017 handheld. It wasn't the absolute strongest handheld possible at the time of course but it was capable so the gap between it and a hypothetical successor to the Vita would be far smaller. 

Not saying a new handheld in 2017 would blow it away

Yes you did, that’s what this whole argument has been about, you were claiming that Sony would make a PSP3 that is significantly more powerful than Switch in 2017, not just a marginal improvement.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

Maybe if you post this another 20,000 times someone will care. 

"I'm all about high end graphics! But also I post 5000 times in threads about mobile hardware because I get triggered if anyone likes those platforms!".

Oh and the Switch had a very high end mobile chip for early 2017. Just because you get triggered by that doesn't change that and they delivered and I would say consumers reacted well seeing as how it might become the greatest selling platform in the history of the business. 

I don't get triggered at all its basically just fun making predictions that are usually to easy to call.  You don't see me insulting people and  calling people names like a 5 year old ;)

Just using alts and shit posting 5000 times in threads and getting called a child by multiple people because probably the shoe fits in the regard. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 23 September 2023

zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

Not saying a new handheld in 2017 would blow it away

Yes you did, that’s what this whole argument has been about, you were claiming that Sony would make a PSP3 that is significantly more powerful than Switch in 2017, not just a marginal improvement.

I diffidently think they would have made device that could run 30-50% stronger something like the switch over clocked. Aside from that did you know that the ps vita had  oled screen 9 years ago. sony would have also made a pro version and that would have made a huge difference, so when i say talk about great hardware with options i'm talking about the whole life span.

Any way if you agree thats fine but it certaintly not some magic BS like you state. 

Soundwave said:
zeldaring said:

I don't get triggered at all its basically just fun making predictions that are usually to easy to call.  You don't see me insulting people and  calling people names like a 5 year old ;)

Just using alts and shit posting 5000 times in threads and getting called a child by multiple people because probably the shoe fits in the regard. 

lol yea  dude you were being called delusional by everyone in the last thread a clown basically. throwing temper tantrums cause you can't discuss a piece of hardware like a adult.