By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 30, 2023 (Jul 17 - Jul 23)

CosmicSex said:

The PS5 is continuing to sell very well.

Excellent for Sony but videogame was only a box you get the games. The physical market in the dominant physical market is not existant is concern. Retail presence in Japan matter and the space for the exhibition of sony videogame maybe will be diminishing in stores.

Around the Network

Excellent numbers for Pikmin 4, looks like it will be yet another franchise to shatter its previous sales ceiling on Switch.

I was there in Japan last week and this tallies with what I saw; the Switch section of game stores quite active, ads for Pikmin 4 all over the place, long lines at Nintendo Tokyo.

kazuyamishima said:

If that was the case, games like Bayonetta 3 or FE engage might had exploded in sales, but the former for example, bombed. 

Bayonetta 3 didn't bomb, it sold over a million in its first two months. It's simply a niche series.

Nintendo's next Earnings Release is next week.
Maybe they'll mention something about Pikmin 4, even if it didn't release in the latest quarter, I'd think it's still something worth bragging about.

King Switch getting another 10 million seller I fear

znake said:

Pikmin? I really doubt it.

It's a big hit for what it is, but an RTS game on a console just isn't mainstream enough to hit 10 million.

Previous Pikmin games have all sold less than 2 million (on original release)  so if Pikmin 4 can pass even 3 million that'd be a big success.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 July 2023

Around the Network

2-3 Million is the minimum we should expect for Pikmin 4 seeing as how that’s Pikmin 3 Deluxe was at 2.23 million when we last got an update for it. And if these first week sales are a proper indicator, ‘4’ should blow ‘3 Deluxe’ out of the water.

BTW, shouldn’t the CESA White Paper be coming out any day now?
Unless I’m mistaking, they did say “late July.”

youngbr said:

I know this site is Nintendo biased regardless of the game, but some comments are boderline pathetic.
I know most of you must be above 30, please be more mature.

It seems that Final Fantasy is a saga which unleashes passions and jealousy.

Me waiting for the PC release as usual.

Let’s wait a couple of months !! 
fingers crossed 

curl-6 said:
znake said:

Pikmin? I really doubt it.

It's a big hit for what it is, but an RTS game on a console just isn't mainstream enough to hit 10 million.

Previous Pikmin games have all sold less than 2 million (on original release)  so if Pikmin 4 can pass even 3 million that'd be a big success.

I feel like 3 million is the floor for this, with pikmin 3 deluxe selling at least 2.23million (probably closer to 2.5mil+ since sales haven't been updated in a long time). This is also the first time a new Pikmin game has released on a successful console. I'm expecting somewhere in the 3.5-4.5 mill range for this one.