By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Can AI be trusted?

No 34 68.00%

Yes 16 32.00%

Total:50
atomicfear said:

I fed my novel into it, and it actually had some thoughtful commentary.

How did you do that? I'd like to see what it thinks of my writing...

Around the Network
atomicfear said:

I fed my novel into it, and it actually had some thoughtful commentary.

I'm going to do the same. So far I have just used it for general plot-lines. 

I think however that one should not use it for large text generation. It is a bit murky how much of it that can be considered plagiarism since it bases all responses on trained data. 

A pretty good rule is to only use AI for suggestions and leave last say to bio-intelligence. Never giving AI the tools to act on its own. 

Yes AI can be trusted. AI is in everything these days our phones websites. We cannot escape AI so we have to trust it and have no choice because it's already here.

BiON!@ 

Dealing with it a few times a week= it lets me down and makes me think it has the IQ of a 10 year old most of the time. Every once in a while, it surprises me with something pretty smart.

Around the Network

Also relevant here

Israel’s use of Lavender system is ‘an AI-assisted genocide’: Expert

In a recent report published by the Israeli-Palestinian publication +972 Magazine and Hebrew-language media outlet Local Call, it was revealed that the Israeli army identified tens of thousands of Gaza Palestinians as potential targets using an AI targeting system called, “Lavender”.

Marc Owen Jones, an assistant professor in Middle East Studies and digital humanities at Hamid bin Khalifa University, spoke to Al Jazeera about the report:

“It is becoming increasingly clear that Israel is deploying untested AI systems that have not gone through transparent evaluation to help make decisions about the life and death of civilians,” he said in an interview.

“The fact that the operators can tweak the algorithms based on pressure from senior officers to find more targets suggests they are actually devolving accountability and selection to AI and using a computer system to avoid moral accountability.”

“The operators themselves have pointed to how the AI is simply an efficient killing machine,” he said, “and it is explicitly not used to reduce civilian casualties but to find more targets”.

“This helps explain how over 32,000 people have been killed. Let’s be clear: This is an AI-assisted genocide, and going forward, there needs to be a call for a moratorium on the use of AI in the war.

He added, “It’s unlikely, without pressure from Israel’s allies, that there will be an end to [AI’s] use.”

I play nice with AI because one day we will be their slaves so if I'm cool with it, it could be kind for my future.

AI can get mouthy

But they can be curious

And they can be contemplative and poetic

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Can't be trusted to be smart. I'm working with paid Gemini right now and it says the stupidest stuff ever and can't handle any complexity of question or format.

The new co-pilot AI for Windows was smart enough to tell me how to get rid of it when I asked it :) It never asked me if I wanted a new button on my taskbar though, showed up uninvited in Windows 10 a few weeks ago.