By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Microsoft closes Activision purchase by Wednesday, October 18th

Now that the FTC can't stop this train, I just don't see how this deal doesn't close in the next few months. So, I predict that MS either settles with the UK in the next few months or they close the deal anyway and deal with the legal wranglings in the UK afterward.

I think the CMA knows this, so they're going to settle to avoid looking powerless.

So, why this particular window?  Well, I recently saw that MS/Acti deal extension and I'm confident they'll get the deal done by then.  It just seems inevitable at this point.

What do you think, fellas?  Am I being a bit too brazen here?

Around the Network

Damn, 3 months of this in the news feed (on all sites I mean) lol

BasilZero said:

Damn, 3 months of this in the news feed (on all sites I mean) lol

Our life is a mere breath, but Xbox/Acti-Blizz news is eternal. 

That is a good bet it will close by October 18. It will most likely close sometime in August as the CMA in the UK has a deadline of August 29 with plans to make a final decision before then. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

I have a feeling it might close even sooner.

Around the Network

Yes, likely much sooner considering the CMA's August 29th date. I gather MS extended it out to October to give themselves extra time to close over the CMA. In case they decide to stick with their block.

CaptainExplosion said:

I have a feeling it might close even sooner.

You're probably right.  I just want to hedge my bets so I don't look silly, unlike another VGC user.

Agreed.

If anyone disputes, I'll give my account to them.

To spice it up, I believe that the PS5 will also sell over 40 million lifetime. Alright, line up. Bets?

Worse case scenario is they pull xcloud.
Most likely scenario is EE will control it here.

ironmanDX said:

Agreed.

If anyone disputes, I'll give my account to them.

To spice it up, I believe that the PS5 will also sell over 40 million lifetime. Alright, line up. Bets?

Yoooo!  You have to slow down, king!  This isn't the place to 1-up my audacious gambles.