By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Brethren, Show Me The POWAH (Summer 2023 Edition)

CGI-Quality said:
Pemalite said:

My next upgrades will be a Ryzen 9 7950X and 192GB DDR5 Ram. - Plus a new cooler, case and PSU, dragging the 6600XT forwards kicking and screaming.

Careful with that DDR5 192GB. Four sticks are iffy on the current controller, which is why I opted for a 2x48GB config (a step down from my DDR4 128GB, quad-channel past ). I'm sure as things mature, this will too, and at that point, I'll be adding 96GB more myself.

I need the DRAM and threads. :P Hence the lack of X3D, the cache is redundant.

Been down this path before with AMD over the last decade or so, usually the IMC just doesn't have the power to drive so many memory chips... There are ways around it like boosting IMC voltages.

Plus sticking with QVL sticks helps.

Lots of Mobo manufacturers have been rolling out compatibility updates to rectify this as well. I'm sure I will be fine, will let you know how I go!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
JuliusHackebeil said:

Am i tripping? These are either comically small doors, or comically large tv and chairs.

Attic doors for extra storage.

I have two sets of Attics (the actual attic above the 2nd floor and some storage space on the 2nd floor as well through doors).

Conina said:

Are you happy with your Theater Sofa set?

Another two rooms in our house get available soon and I'm thinking about using one of them as a home cinema with 4K projector or huge TV.

Absolutely.

Had it since 2018 and had no issues - wouldnt change it for anything else , it feels great playing on a sofa set especially if you have people come over to watch movies, etc.

I'm planning to upgrade my 75'' TV to a 85'' TV maybe later this year.

(My 75'' will go to my master bedroom lol).

Pemalite said:
CGI-Quality said:

Careful with that DDR5 192GB. Four sticks are iffy on the current controller, which is why I opted for a 2x48GB config (a step down from my DDR4 128GB, quad-channel past ). I'm sure as things mature, this will too, and at that point, I'll be adding 96GB more myself.

I need the DRAM and threads. :P Hence the lack of X3D, the cache is redundant.

Been down this path before with AMD over the last decade or so, usually the IMC just doesn't have the power to drive so many memory chips... There are ways around it like boosting IMC voltages.

Plus sticking with QVL sticks helps.

Lots of Mobo manufacturers have been rolling out compatibility updates to rectify this as well. I'm sure I will be fine, will let you know how I go!

Yep, because if they fixed it, I'll grab a second set now! I know I did a bios update on the new build to run the 48GB sticks. Issue isn't if it can run the mem in all 4 DIMMs, but at the rated speed. I've yet to see anyone running four DDR5 DIMMs at a speed above 5600MHz.

trunkswd said:
  • 1st Monitor: 27" - Gigabyte 1440p 144Hz
  • 2nd Monitor: 23" - Acer 1080p 
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 12-Core 3.7 GHz 
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390X
  • Motherboard: ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus
  • RAM: 32GB - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo
  • NVME SSD: 1TB
  • HDD: 2TB
  • Case: Antec P280 Black Aluminum
  • Capture Card: Elgato HD 60 Pro
  • Mouse: Razer Deathadder V2
  • Keyboard: Logitech G910
  • Webcam: Logitech C920
  • Mic: AudioTechnica AT2020USB

I'm looking at upgrading my GPU to a Radeon 7900 XT or XTX in time for the launch of Starfield. 

Other than Nintendo I'm looking at doing all my gaming on a good PC. Microsoft releasing all their games day one on PC and Sony releasing their games a couple of years later on PC made my decision easier. 

I'm likely going to buy the PowerColor Hellhound AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT for a new GPU as it is on sale for $750 on Amazon and comes with Starfield Premium Edition, which I was gonna buy anyway. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

There's not much power here, since I got the bulk of this in 2014, but here's what I have at the moment:

• Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3
  • Asus H97-PLUS
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 Super
  • 4 GB RAM (4 x HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 MHz)
  • 250 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO)
  • 1 TB HDD
  • BitFenix Merc Beta case

Anyway, not much to see here, so I'm not going to bother with pictures. I'm planning to upgrade before Cities: Skylines II comes out, but we'll see. I was originally planning to upgrade almost three years ago when new GPUs came out, but things didn't exactly work out the way I expected.

Around the Network

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus
Primary Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 512 GB SSD
Secondary Storage: 4TB HDD
Media Storage 1: 4TB HDD NAS
Media Storage 2: 8TB HDD NAS

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 26 July 2023

Pemalite said:

In need of an update, I don't game as much as I used to (Lack of time and prefer to spend my free time on forums anyway) and refuse to play the GPU pricing game.
My hardware is:

* Ryzen 9 5950X.
* Asus TUF X570-PRO WIFI
* 128GB DDR4 3600.
* 2Tb Samsung 980Pro.
* 4x 20TB Western Digital External HDD.
* LG 32" 1440P - 144hz.
* Radeon 6600XT

My next upgrades will be a Ryzen 9 7950X and 192GB DDR5 Ram. - Plus a new cooler, case and PSU, dragging the 6600XT forwards kicking and screaming.

Laptop. - Acer Nitro.
* Intel i5 11400H.
* 64GB DDR4 3600.
* Geforce RTX 3060 6GB.
* 144hz 1080P IPS.
* 2Tb Samsung 980Pro.

The organisation of your shelves is very aesthetically pleasing.

trunkswd said:
trunkswd said:
  • 1st Monitor: 27" - Gigabyte 1440p 144Hz
  • 2nd Monitor: 23" - Acer 1080p 
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 12-Core 3.7 GHz 
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390X
  • Motherboard: ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus
  • RAM: 32GB - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo
  • NVME SSD: 1TB
  • HDD: 2TB
  • Case: Antec P280 Black Aluminum
  • Capture Card: Elgato HD 60 Pro
  • Mouse: Razer Deathadder V2
  • Keyboard: Logitech G910
  • Webcam: Logitech C920
  • Mic: AudioTechnica AT2020USB

I'm looking at upgrading my GPU to a Radeon 7900 XT or XTX in time for the launch of Starfield. 

Other than Nintendo I'm looking at doing all my gaming on a good PC. Microsoft releasing all their games day one on PC and Sony releasing their games a couple of years later on PC made my decision easier. 

I'm likely going to buy the PowerColor Hellhound AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT for a new GPU as it is on sale for $750 on Amazon and comes with Starfield Premium Edition, which I was gonna buy anyway. 

The PowerColor Hellhound AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT came in and have it installed. Now to find some games to test it out on before Starfield comes out. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.