By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Discuss the state of the forums and find solutions

Leynos said:

I paid $5 to block Hynad and a couple others lol. I already had Ublock on to get rid of ads.

your candid nature will forever be gold! 

I hope I'm not on the list

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
BonfiresDown said:

I recorded a video of how the ads can look on mobile: https://imgur.io/a/X47y9x8

Imgur limits video clips to one minute but the ads stop shortly after that mark.

Normally it’s only three of those ads in a row but since I don’t use the the site on mobile I don’t know, maybe it’s gotten worse. As you can see it’s impossible to browse while the ads are running.

I didn’t even know there was a VGC subscription btw.

I can't even touch mine anywhere to be able to scroll.  Completely unusable.

Good lord!!!

If it helps, I bought an app on the App Store called Wipr. Only $2. It's a Safari extension that will block app on Safari for iOS.

There's other options of course but Wipr works flawlessly.

Yeah, let's not discuss who you've ignored, etc. Just a needless tidbit to the overall discussion.

CGI-Quality said:

Yeah, let's not discuss who you've ignored, etc. Just a needless tidbit to the overall discussion.

I've noticed leniency in the moderation as well is that because of the low traffic on the site? I remember the ban hammer would just insta-drop back in the day on the slightest offence, sometimes it's not even warranted. 

Does that mean fun threads are allowed on the site

zorg1000 said:
trunkswd said:

I do appreciate people bringing up issues with the site. Especially with the ads and the mobile version issues. If people can post more screenshots of the site on mobile that would be great. Especially of any issues. Whether it is with ads or any other issues. 

Some of the things can’t be shown with screenshots, it’s issues with how the site functions, I used to use the charts/tools on this site all the time but they are such a pain to use that I don’t even bother anymore.

The site just feels like a relic of the past.

Couldn't agree more with the last sentence.

I'm pretty much always outta the house and trying to stay on this site for more than 10 seconds on my phone is literally a headache. The way the site functions on mobile should be the #1 priority to the team imo.

Around the Network
Leynos said:

I paid $5 to block Hynad and a couple others lol. I already had Ublock on to get rid of ads.

Why did you ignore him? We need reasons with sufficient evidence + screenshots to back up this behavior to our fellow user.

Deyon said:
CGI-Quality said:

I've noticed leniency in the moderation as well is that because of the low traffic on the site? I remember the ban hammer would just insta-drop back in the day on the slightest offence, sometimes it's not even warranted. 

You’d be surprised. Some same it’s stricter now (my experience as a VGC “civilian” once upon a time would disagree). But, you won’t ever please everybody. Much more to the job than people realize, but if there are ever issues, we have to work with them the best that we can! 

Now, speaking on fun threads, what type are we talking here? 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 14 July 2023

Deyon said:
zorg1000 said:

Some of the things can’t be shown with screenshots, it’s issues with how the site functions, I used to use the charts/tools on this site all the time but they are such a pain to use that I don’t even bother anymore.

The site just feels like a relic of the past.

Couldn't agree more with the last sentence.

I'm pretty much always outta the house and trying to stay on this site for more than 10 seconds on my phone is literally a headache. The way the site functions on mobile should be the #1 priority to the team imo.

That would need a complete redesign of the website. It's built as desktop-first and then adapted for mobile instead of mobile-first as is the industry standard since about 2015.

CGI-Quality said:
Deyon said:

You’d be surprised. Some same it’s stricter now (my experience as a VGC “civilian” once upon a time would disagree). But, you won’t ever please everybody. Much more to the job than people realize, but if there are ever issues, we have to work with them the best that we can! 

Now, speaking on fun threads, what type are we talking here? 😬

You took too long to reply so I automatically assumed fun threads are allowed and did it UwU

Deyon said:
CGI-Quality said:

Now, speaking on fun threads, what type are we talking here? 😬

You took too long to reply so I automatically assumed fun threads are allowed and did it UwU

Nope. Was just locked. ;)

That sort of spat is their issue. No need for threads to highlight it.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 14 July 2023