By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - hi everyone (louder and cuter than Deyon and mZuzek)

Tagged games:

is this place lame now?

yeah 13 50.00%

naw 13 50.00%

Total:26
NintendoPie said:
Leynos said:

Understand, understand
Understand, understand
Understand, understand the concept of love (Uh)
Ready to kick some—
Ready to kick some—
Uh, uh
What is love? What is free love?
What is love? Love is free, free free free

are you serenading me? what's happening.

pfft Nintendo fans :P

Last edited by Leynos - on 09 July 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

The thread title changes

NintendoPie said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

If you like JRPGs I'm required to recommend the Tales series, both Vesperia and Symphonia are on Switch and those are the two best ones. The Symphonia remaster is admittedly kinda lazy but the game itself is a classic with an amazing story. Persona 3-5 are also on Switch now and they're amazing and pretty chill, especially 5 is incredible.

Also tons of great games for the PS4 if you decide to pick that or a PS5 up, probably Sony's best generation in terms of 1st party games.

i do love JRPGs! i saw the symphonia remaster and agree it was quite lazy haha but, i'll look into vesperia. 

did you play any of the other switch JRPGs? i just played a bit of the Live A Live demo and i actually really liked that a lot.

i am very tempted to buy a PS4 for all the Kingdom Hearts games... like so tempted. i tried playing KHIII cloud on switch and it was AWFUL. i hate that they did that.

I played DQ XI which is great, if maybe slightly overhyped imo (but I'm also not the biggest turn-based affectionado so that's probably part of it). Other than that I've mostly played older ones, but I've heard great things about Octopath Traveler II which is in the same style as Live a Live and has a free demo as well.

Still trying to work my own way through the Kingdom Hearts games on PS4, they're pretty fun but the story is such a jumble though.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
NintendoPie said:

i do love JRPGs! i saw the symphonia remaster and agree it was quite lazy haha but, i'll look into vesperia. 

did you play any of the other switch JRPGs? i just played a bit of the Live A Live demo and i actually really liked that a lot.

i am very tempted to buy a PS4 for all the Kingdom Hearts games... like so tempted. i tried playing KHIII cloud on switch and it was AWFUL. i hate that they did that.

I played DQ XI which is great, if maybe slightly overhyped imo (but I'm also not the biggest turn-based affectionado so that's probably part of it). Other than that I've mostly played older ones, but I've heard great things about Octopath Traveler II which is in the same style as Live a Live and has a free demo as well.

Still trying to work my own way through the Kingdom Hearts games on PS4, they're pretty fun but the story is such a jumble though.

it really depends how fun a developer makes turn-based for me; sometimes it can be a snooze but other times i'm into it. i'll look into octopath for sure. i tried getting into bravely default but could never get past the battle mechanic gimmick, so that turned me off of octopath originally. i thought they were the same for awhile.

i want the DQIII HD-2D remake SO bad but SE seems dead-set on not revealing any info for it :( the star ocean HD-2D remake looks awesome though.

if you aren't into turn-based as much, i'm guessing you're into action RPGs? are there any you'd recommend on switch? that seems like something it's seemingly lacking in.

NintendoPie said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

it really depends how fun a developer makes turn-based for me; sometimes it can be a snooze but other times i'm into it. i'll look into octopath for sure. i tried getting into bravely default but could never get past the battle mechanic gimmick, so that turned me off of octopath originally. i thought they were the same for awhile.

i want the DQIII HD-2D remake SO bad but SE seems dead-set on not revealing any info for it :( the star ocean HD-2D remake looks awesome though.

if you aren't into turn-based as much, i'm guessing you're into action RPGs? are there any you'd recommend on switch? that seems like something it's seemingly lacking in.

Well Nier: Automata is a nice one with great combat and story and allegedly the port is quite solid, then there's the Witcher 3 which is one my all time favorites but that one I'd probably recommend getting on more powerful hardware. There's also Monster Hunter Rise which is another one I've heard great things about but haven't played (yet), looks quite fun from what I've seen.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Just stopped lurking to say hi there. I don’t play Nintendo games anymore so no recommendations. But the ones Vernon’s suggested look great!

NintendoPie said:
Deyon said:

i feel you, my ex liked eating food now im anorexic

i feel you too, my ex was anorexic so now i'm obese.

Last time I read something from you was when you were like 14 and now you talk about your ex and are probably married. Damn....

Welcome back by the way.

mZuzek said:
Shatts said:

But it's hard to give game suggestions when we have zero knowledge about ur preferences and ur knowledge on games. Since u already have a switch, I'll just name some switch games that are single player hidden gems and promising ones coming soon

This.

Also yeah this place is lame now, we all know but it hurts to admit it. But it's for sure nice seeing someone back after a while, welcome!

That's just because Nintendo hasn't announced the NX 2 yet. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

crissindahouse said:
NintendoPie said:

i feel you too, my ex was anorexic so now i'm obese.

Last time I read something from you was when you were like 14 and now you talk about your ex and are probably married. Damn....

i'm only 24 now, i'm definitely not married yet! hahaha