By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii improving the way gamers are looked at?

I want your opinion on this one. The Wii is VERY popular with everyone.

The Wii is also making people getting girls and  everyone in it.

Do you think the Wii is improving the gaming image though?

I mean, a lot of you cannot lie that many gamers are looked at as nerds, idiots, no lifes, virgins (i kid), and unpopular dudes, or dudettes.

What are your thoughts?

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

Looked at by who, Jesus?

Be more specific.

I'm sure Fox News thinks we're a bunch of virgins and murderers, but other people may not think that. It all depends on who you ask.

Yeah I agree with Montana, I mean over here in college having video games is the norm and not really the exception.

now the anime watching, that's what makes me a huge nerd.

My brothers g-friend played a little WarioWare so I guess Nintedo's slowly stripping away the 'basement nerds' only image the gamers have had.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The Wii is popular with everyone outside the extremely closed-minded and so-called "hardcore" gamers IMO.  I don't think that has changed since its launch and I don't forsee it changing any time soon.

Around the Network

If you mean the mainstream populace, no. It is entirely doubtful that they consider themselves to be part of the gamer crowd they mis-characterize simply because they own a Wii. Chances are they think that type of gamer plays on the Xbox 360, PS3 or PC and thus owning a Wii won't just make them understand the gaming crowd.

I do believe that Wii is improving the way people view video games. I mean, Wii has been all over the news, if it's in a nursing home, a cruise line, hospitals, etc. it's being covered in a overwhelmingly positive way.

Heck, even when the Wii was first released and we had all those stories about flying Wii-motes, people on the outside noticed that something was different. Even though it was a "negative" issue, it put Wii on the notice board for people who never played video games to begin with.

Now with Wii Fit coming out, it's just going to get bigger. For all it's intents and purposes, Wii's Blue Ocean strategy is working, and it's definitely giving video games another chance in the public's eye.

Words Of Wisdom said:
The Wii is popular with everyone outside the extremely closed-minded and so-called "hardcore" gamers IMO. I don't think that has changed since its launch and I don't forsee it changing any time soon.

Take a shot at the evil "hardcore", please, it makes Wii fans look so much less pretentious.

Maybe it does, but not much. It's funny that it may do this but it has seemed to worsen the way gamers see their own group. Lolz.

In General yes...For a lot of hardcore fans...no..