By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wave 5 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass launches July 12th

BasilZero said:
Mar1217 said:

It still weird to me that at the time they didn't confirm returning characters would be introduced to the game alongside these waves. Feel like the initial reception to the Booster pass could've even much more positive with that in mind.

In the end, good going for Wave 5 ! Glad they're pretty much dumping everything from MK Tour since I truly wanted those courses on the official console MK since the beginning !

I wonder if the addition of characters was something that was brought into the equation way later.

Wasnt the first character that appeared in the booster pack in Wave 3?

Wave 4, Birdo.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

There's also Mario Kart Arcade games. Would've been nice if the packs would also include some of the tracks from those, because I don't think many will have played them. I haven't anyway.

Ssshhh they're just waiting for the "Nintendo" Mario Kart thing to realize itself to announce Pacman as the first 3rd party character in the roster + the arcade games races back lol

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I need Dixie Kong to join !!!!

Kakadu18 said:
NintendoPie said:

so odd they didn't just announce this in the direct...? seems like an obvious omission lol.

In the direct they showed the new course and they newly added characters.

and then said "summer" for the release date only to then announce like a week later the actual release date. just seemed like a random way to go about it to me.