By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch 2 2024 first party lineup

Super Mario 3D game
Mario Kart 8 Super Deluxe with all dlc courses.
Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom at 60fps
Nintendo Switch online carries over to the Switch 2 and comes with Dreamcast and Gamecube games.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I know COD didn't help the Wii U much, but it could help fill out a Switch 2 first holiday lineup quite a bit more because of the portability aspect not available in the PS5 or XBox versions.

We probably have to factor in the Switch 2 having better 3rd party support earlier on than the Switch 1 did.

I can see that but I'm cautiously optimistic about that.

I can see games like Tales of Arise, Street Fighter VI (or its Super/Arcade edition), and Soul Hacker 2 come to Switch 2. Heck, I can even see Final Fantasy VII Remake (with Integrade content) coming to Switch 2 if the Sony console exclusivity is over. 

I just don't know if I can bet money on that just yet. I know that Wii U actually had pretty decent support during the launch year, but it fizzled out quickly. Even with all the Switch's success, I'm not sure if third parties are gonna be as eager to support the Switch 2 from the jump.

Kai_Mao said:
Soundwave said:

I know COD didn't help the Wii U much, but it could help fill out a Switch 2 first holiday lineup quite a bit more because of the portability aspect not available in the PS5 or XBox versions.

We probably have to factor in the Switch 2 having better 3rd party support earlier on than the Switch 1 did.

I can see games like Tales of Arise, Street Fighter VI (or its Super/Arcade edition), and Soul Hacker 2 come to Switch 2. Heck, I can even see Final Fantasy VII Remake (with Integrade content) coming to Switch 2 if the Sony console exclusivity is over. 

I just don't know if I can bet money on that just yet. I know that Wii U actually had pretty decent support during the launch year, but it fizzled out quickly. Even with all the Switch's success, I'm not sure if third parties are gonna be as eager to support the Switch 2 from the jump.

EA FC (FIFA) w/feature parity, Call of Duty (latest version), Street Fighter VI, FF7 Remake would be a monstrous upgrade in 3rd party support over what the Switch got early in its product cycle. 

Soundwave said:
Kai_Mao said:

EA FC (FIFA) w/feature parity, Call of Duty (latest version), Street Fighter VI, FF7 Remake would be a monstrous upgrade in 3rd party support over what the Switch got early in its product cycle. 

Funny enough, EA is actually adapting the Frostbite engine onto Switch for FC this year. Hopefully it’s a good sign.

And yea, that lineup of modern CoD, Street Fighter VI, and FFVIIR would be miles better than the Switch’s 3rd party launch titles. Even if the Switch successor doesn’t get anymore Street Fighter afterward or any other mainstream fighting game, having SFVI is better than USFII, which wasn’t bad, don’t get me wrong, but it felt like a test game rather than a decent effort from Capcom back then. FFVIIR would be like a full circle moment x2 for Nintendo as the Switch finally got FFVII years after the milestone game went from the N64 to the PS1. And of course, having CoD back on Nintendo platforms is newsworthy.

Again, I just remain cautiously optimistic for now as we’re not sure how third parties will prepare for the Switch successor.

A Nintendo Park Hub as launch.
Is a free to start, packed with every console.
When you get a game, it opens the área of the corresponding IP and you get to explore and play with them. Amiibos enter in games and start populating the Park.

Ring fit/switch sports/fitting box or some alike game on launch.

Mario kart 9

Xenoblade X+

Around the Network

If Switch comes out next year it'll be in the Fall so we're talking 2-4 months in its first year.

1. 3D Mario on launch day
2. Some casual party game on launch day
3. Mario Kart 9 soon after launch
4. One more game, could be Metroid Prime 4 if it isn't released on Switch, otherwise some series that hasn't come out in a few years

rapsuperstar31 said:

Nintendo Switch online carries over to the Switch 2 and comes with Dreamcast and Gamecube games.

ah yes it would be nice to get a new system added to NSO at launch of the next system. I think GC or Dreamcast (one or both of them) could come to NSO at some point during next gen, though probably a few years in, but would love it if one of those was added on day 1 or in the first couple months by the end of 2024. Obviously at the very least NSO being up and running on Switch 2 on day one is a no brainer for Nintendo, none of this taking a year and a half to get online up and running like on Switch.

I think Mario Kart 9 is a sure thing. My guess is they’ve been spending all these years working on something huge with that to be their next gen launch killer app. It’s really their best bet to try to get as much of the massive Switch base to upgrade initially.

I also think Prime 4 is going to get BotW’d and be cross gen launch, with emphasis put on the next gen version’s graphics. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s it for the heavy hitters and something like new 3D Mario is within the first year, but not launch. Pipe dream is an Ocarina remake for launch, since I think that could be huge and help the inevitable long gap to new Zelda.

HyrulianScrolls said:

I think Mario Kart 9 is a sure thing. My guess is they’ve been spending all these years working on something huge with that to be their next gen launch killer app. It’s really their best bet to try to get as much of the massive Switch base to upgrade initially.

I also think Prime 4 is going to get BotW’d and be cross gen launch, with emphasis put on the next gen version’s graphics. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s it for the heavy hitters and something like new 3D Mario is within the first year, but not launch. Pipe dream is an Ocarina remake for launch, since I think that could be huge and help the inevitable long gap to new Zelda.

3D Mario has gotta be launch day. Full stop.

MK is the big party game and the long term sales beast, but for a big launch you want a critically acclaimed one player game. Every Nintendo console has launched with either cutting edge Mario or Zelda except GC and WiiU - the two sales flops. GC had Luigi's Mansion, WiiU only had 2D Mario. There is zero chance Switch 2 comes out without 3D Mario on launch day. And it's not like they haven't had as many years as they could ask for to get the next 3D Mario ready, so not being ready for the launch won't be a problem. Mario Kart could also be launch day but I think more likely it'll be like they did on the Switch where it comes out a few weeks later cuz may as well give consumers a second burst of excitement a few weeks later rather than just all in one day. So if it's a Nov 2024 launch, MK9 probably first week of December.

Agree on Prime 4 being a possible early Switch 2 title. I don't expect it to be cross gen, I think they either are finishing it up as a Switch game or I feel like at this point more likely they moved it to being a next gen game and that's why we haven't heard about it yet. I think next gen is more likely than them doing two totally different graphical builds for the game just to make it cross gen, or hampering the next gen version by just having it be a prettier version of the Switch build. But yeah could see a next gen Prime 4 come out in that launch period or a few months later like an early 2025 release. Kinda think with Mario and MK9 in the launch period they'd probably give Prime 4 some breathing space and not also put that during the launch and instead set it up as the start of a great 2025.

Last edited by Slownenberg - on 04 August 2023

Slownenberg said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

3D Mario has gotta be launch day. Full stop.

MK is the big party game and the long term sales beast, but for a big launch you want a critically acclaimed one player game. Every Nintendo console has launched with either cutting edge Mario or Zelda except GC and WiiU - the two sales flops. GC had Luigi's Mansion, WiiU only had 2D Mario. There is zero chance Switch 2 comes out without 3D Mario on launch day. And it's not like they haven't had as many years as they could ask for to get the next 3D Mario ready, so not being ready for the launch won't be a problem. Mario Kart could also be launch day but I think more likely it'll be like they did on the Switch where it comes out a few weeks later cuz may as well give consumers a second burst of excitement a few weeks later rather than just all in one day. So if it's a Nov 2024 launch, MK9 probably first week of December.

Agree on Prime 4 being a possible early Switch 2 title. I don't expect it to be cross gen, I think they either are finishing it up as a Switch game or I feel like at this point more likely they moved it to being a next gen game and that's why we haven't heard about it yet. I think next gen is more likely than them doing two totally different graphical builds for the game just to make it cross gen, or hampering the next gen version by just having it be a prettier version of the Switch build. But yeah could see a next gen Prime 4 come out in that launch period or a few months later like an early 2025 release. Kinda think with Mario and MK9 in the launch period they'd probably give Prime 4 some breathing space and not also put that during the launch and instead set it up as the start of a great 2025.

There’s 0% chance we get both 3D Mario and MK9 in the launch window. They’re not playing their two big cards right away, nor should they. So I say pick one. MK is far more likely for many reasons I think. Mostly since we are at a full decade between MK8s original release now, it has been ages. Surely they’ve been working on this game for the new system for years and years already. MK also has way more pull, as I mentioned. And finally, 3D Mario hasn’t launched with one of their systems since waayy back in the N64 days. So I don’t see that changing here. 

Also, I highly doubt they will nix the Switch version of MP4 entirely. They literally announced that game for Switch right after launch. They’d have a lot of angry fans likely, and honestly they’d have a right to be upset. Plus Metroid needs all the help it can get from the massive Switch install base, not like those games just sell.