By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dream games that will never get made

Do you have a dream game but the likely hood of it getting made is slim to none?

I like Berserk a lot The world and characters are amazing even if a lot to take in. Berserk has been so influential to so many video game series but most notably any Souls game and Devil May Cry series. Despite this, there are only THREE Berserk games in existence. A Dreamcast game. A PS2 game and PS4 Warriors game. The latter makes the least amount of sense. None are esp great. The DC game is a year before DMC was released and I like it but wish it was better.

I know Istuno is a fan as Dragon's Dogma takes inspiration as well plus in the original release had Berserk DLC. He follows me on Twitter so while I know it's not realistic I still let him know how much I appreciate his games and do love them but my dream game is him making an action game using the Beserk License. I'm not asking for a DMC clone. Soulstice is that. Berserk DMC. I'm asking for Capcom and Itsuno to make a really good Beserk game and I know Ituno can do the combat justice without cloning DMC. No I don't want Berserk Souls since Souls is that and I don't want Guts feeling like a weakling. Plus not a fan of Souls combat.

The other game is simpler. I just want a mecha game made by Platinum Games that literally looks like a VHS 1980s anime. Soft look. Hairs popping up on the screen from the film. Film Grain. The right type of cel-shading and lots of detail into the models like 80s anime. 80s character designs. Not licensed just a nod to stuff like Macross and MegaZone 23, Patlabor, and more(btw Matrix got its inspiration from M23) using Mega Zone 23 as just an example. Kamiya and Co love nods to older games and anime so maybe but I don't see it anytime soon.

Finally, I just want Vanillaware to make a new Golden Axe. Dragon's Crown is more of a nod to D&D arcade games tho a hint of GA is in there which is why I want a full one but given it takes years to for them to make a single game. Unlikely. Tho I'd take Lizard Cube as a second choice.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Yes, I have always wanted a Pokémon kart game made in the spirit of twisted metal. Arena type battle cars where your Pokémon use their specific moves to deplete hp of the other karts. I haven’t ironed out all the details, just something I always thought would be cool 😂

Chrono Trigger 2 with every main character back. A remake of Wizards and Warriors. Looking more and more likely we won't get a true sequel to banjo Kazooie, or a Warrior Ware shake it sequel type game.

Metroid Prime 4.

I kid!

Anyway, my real answer is Chibi Robo. This IP has never been given an opportunity to shine. It released at the tail end of the GameCube era, featured a sequel of sorts on the DS and resurfaced on the Wii in Japan as a Nee Play Control title

There is so much heart to this title and in an era when we love doing chores in games it really is a glaring omission from Nintendo. I know Skip LTD is defunct, which is probably why it will never happen, but a remaster of the original shouldn’t be to difficult to get up and running.

For a true sequel I don’t even need the game to match the odd tone of the original. I just want the same gameplay loop of needing to plug in to get power, and perform chores to gain experience. Everyone loves playing characters that are small in regular sized houses. There’s just no way a sequel doesn’t sell 1-2 million.

Several games come to mind.

A sequel to Vanquish with the full team up of Shinji Mikami and PlatinumGames again
A new or remake of Dino Crisis from Capcom
Return of Viewtiful Joe
A new Banjo Kazooie

I would add Jet Set Radio but that leaked footage proved it's coming in due time. I'll revert my profile avatar if that happens

Just outside of my list is F-Zero because it's always rumored that the GameCube version is getting remastered for Switch, so I never know for sure lol

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger 2
Suikoden 6
Bloodborne 2
A main entry Pokemon game with the graphics and art style of BOTW and high difficulty.
A new main entry Breath of Fire jrpg game for consoles, not mobile
Kirby game with Dark Souls art-style bosses.

Tad William's Otherland epic made for VR. (And not as a shitty MMORPG that was discontinued https://store.steampowered.com/app/376310/Otherland_MMO/)

Actually after having finished Peter F Hamilton's Salvation series, that would make the most amazing sci-fi game ever. Set over a span of 10,000 years, Earth destroyed and eventually rebuild, an epic game of hide and seek over the entire Galaxy, so many tech upgrades, exotic weapons / physics / bionics / portals / worm holes / space battles. Plus an amazing cast of characters, some that live through the entire saga through rejuvenation, time dilation, different speed time enclaves, 'uploading' or from being cocooned (in long term stasis). Plus the world and history building, he has matched and surpassed Isaac Asimov for me.

Mostly snes era rpgs remade

Final fantasy 6 and chrono trigger with budgets of ff 7 remake and dragon quest.

gtotheunit91 said:

Several games come to mind.

A sequel to Vanquish with the full team up of Shinji Mikami and PlatinumGames again
A new or remake of Dino Crisis from Capcom
Return of Viewtiful Joe
A new Banjo Kazooie

I would add Jet Set Radio but that leaked footage proved it's coming in due time. I'll revert my profile avatar if that happens

Just outside of my list is F-Zero because it's always rumored that the GameCube version is getting remastered for Switch, so I never know for sure lol

I would kill for a VanQuish 2! I replay that game at least 5-6 times a year.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Love this thread idea :)

I have a shortlist, in order of the chances it will be made:

• Beyond Good & Evil 2
  • TimeSplitters 4
  • Banjo-Threeie
  • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance III