Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best year of the Switch, besides 2017

I think the best is...

2018 1 3.85%

2019 10 38.46%

2020 3 11.54%

2021 4 15.38%

2022 8 30.77%

Total:26

Man How can anyone at least not consider 2023 as the greatest year? SMBW, TotK, Octopath traveler 2, SMRPG, Star Ocean 2 Remake, Sonic superstars, Metroid Prime and more... To my tastes 2023 is absolutely amazing.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Ooof...

Man, I REALLY had to think long and hard about this one. I even made a list of some of the Switch games that released in each year that I thought were noteworthy, and these were the ones I came up with:

Breath of the WildSuper Smash Bros. UltimatePokemon Sword/ShieldAnimal Crossing: New HorizonsSuper Mario 3D World + Bowser's FuryPersona 5 RoyalTears of the Kingdom
Super Mario OdysseyPokemon Let's Go Pikachu/EeveeRing Fit AdventureXenoblade Chronicles: Definitive EditionSkyward Sword HDXenoblade Chronicles 3Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Mario Kart 8 DeluxeSuper Mario PartyLuigi's MansionShantae and the Seven SirensPersona 5 StrikersPokemon Legends: ArceusSuper Mario RPG Remake
Xenoblade Chronicles 2DKC: Tropical FreezeNSMBU DeluxeSpongeBob SquarePants: BfBB RehydratedMetroid DreadPokemon Scarlet/VioletFire Emblem Engage
Sonic ManiaMario Tennis AcesSuper Mario Maker 2Paper Mario: The Origami KingMario Party SuperstarsSonic FrontiersXenoblade 3: Future Redeemed
Splatoon 2Kirby Star AlliesLink's AwakeningSuper Mario 3D All StarsShin Megami Tensei VSplatoon 3Pikmin 4
Mario + Rabbids 1Bayonetta 1+2Fire Emblem: Three HousesPikmin 3 DeluxeMonster Hunter RiseKirby and the Forgotten LandMetroid Prime Remastered
ARMSNintendo LaboDragon Quest XI SHyrule Warriors: Age of CalamityBravely Default IINintendo Switch SportsOctopath Traveler II
Fire Emblem WarriorsShantae Half Genie HeroYoshi's Crafted WorldStar Wars Jedi Knight IICrash Bandicoot 4: It's About TimeMario + Rabbids 2Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe
Sonic ForcesHyrule Warriors: Definitive EditionAstral ChainOri and the Will of the WispsNew Pokemon SnapBayonetta 3Persona 4 Golden
SkyrimXenoblade 2: TornaFinal Fantasy X/X-2 Mario Golf Super RushMario Strikers: Battle LeaguePersona 3 Portable
Xenoverse 2Octopath TravelerTeam Sonic Racing No More Heroes IIIFire Emblem Warriors: Three HopesSonic Superstars
Pokken DXMega Man 11Hollow Knight WarioWare: Get It Together!Life is Strange: Arcadia Bay CollectionWarioWare: Move It!
Super Bomberman RSouth Park: Fractured But WholeA Hat In Time Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining PearlSonic OriginsDetective Pikachu Returns
1-2 Switch Final Fantasy IX    Super Bomberman R 2
  Final Fantasy VII   Everybody 1-2-Switch!
      Persona 5 Tactica

If any of you guys have more suggestions, feel free to Quote and add on!

But based on this short list I put together... And lots, and I mean, LOTS of internal debating, I would have to go...

2022 > 2023* > 2017 > 2021 > 2019 > 2018 > 2020

*This is assuming none of the games listed under 2023 get delayed.

Personally i would add Miitopia to 2021. I absolutely loved it!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Valdney said:

Man How can anyone at least not consider 2023 as the greatest year? SMBW, TotK, Octopath traveler 2, SMRPG, Star Ocean 2 Remake, Sonic superstars, Metroid Prime and more... To my tastes 2023 is absolutely amazing.

Well, it's a bit early to say as some of those games may yet disappoint, and several of them are remasters/remakes of very old games which for some people isn't as appealing as something new. I love Mario RPG for example, but I already own it so I don't need to get it again.

That said, if Mario Bros Wonder and a few others I have my eye on live up to expectations, I do think 2023 could be a strong contender, for me personally.