By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Nintendo could make their Directs more interesting

Jumpin said:
Chrkeller said:

Better pacing is my only complaint. Hit me with the major announcements and leave the little stuff for the end. Overall I think set an industry standard with their directs. No flash, just games with dates and gameplay.

I can agree with that. My major problem was that the Direct felt unnecessarily lengthy for a bunch of announcements they weren’t going to really elaborate on. I felt they could have done it in 1/5th to 1/8th the time easily. For me, at least, that would have felt much more impactful. Perhaps spend a little more time on Mario RPG.

No doubt there was a lot of fluff.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

The direct is usually as good as the games announced.

I like to be surprised and guessing for a while before confirmation on what game they are showing. Twilight princess announcement did this well, the feel was there but it took a while until a clear picture of Link riding arrived on stage. Many of the smash character announcements did it masterfully as well. Metroid Prime 4 with only a bit of music a number and the title also succeeded in this regard imo.
In this direct I think Super Mario RPG with its transition of graphics did it good as well.

@Jumpin So all of the trailers were bad and they should've just done a four minute montage instead but Super Mario RPG, which had a more than 2 and half minutes segment should have been shown longer. This is clearly your bias speaking here, since it seems like Super Mario RPG is like the only game from the direct you were interested in. So they should have shown more of that one and everything else should have gotten just a few seconds for itself, barely enough for the title and release date/window to be shown and nothing else.

Even Pikmin 4, which you should be aware, regardless of wether you are excited for it or care about it at all, needs as much attention as it can get for it's gameplay showcase to help the franchise grow.

Might as well just make a list in a tweet or whatever.

This direct had much better reception than most others and in general the directs, even when most people didn't like one, are simply an extremely powerful marketing tool. A four minute montage would not work anywhere close to as well.

So unless you are some kind of marketing expert, your "advice" in this thread so far has been nonsensical at best and if actually applied by Nintendo it would have been damaging and would have been poor marketing.

Edit: At least 4 out of your 5 points in the OP apply in this case anyways. 

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 26 June 2023

these latest direct based on your rating is a 5 for i watched it at least 15 times already!

Switch!!!