By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch pro controller is the best!

BraLoD said:

Yeah, I've heard a lot of very positive feedback on PSVR2, specially on GT7, but sadly I just don't like VR, wearing a regular headset is already unconfortable enough for me, much less a VR one, lol.

I had to google to find out CotM was about the Horizon VR game, xD

Yeah there is no sugar coating it and PSVR2 is even a bit less comfortable than PSVR1. It leaves a big mark on my forehead every time and you easily get hot in it in the summer. I love rhythm games like Beat Saber and Synthriders yet having to stop after 3 songs because your head gets all sweaty is far from ideal.

It's worth it though for the experience, expanded fov and intuitive controls. And it also spoils you as Ultra hand feels very clunky on tv and the narrow fov and slow turn rate of TotK is actually more motion sickness inducing to me than VR :/ Playing on my projector I feel like I sit way too close, let me increase the fov!

Headsets will get lighter and more comfortable but it's still a long road to simply putting on a pair of glasses.

Around the Network

This is my primary Switch controller. The rumble isn't as good as the Pro, but I prefer the overall feel. When you consider that it only costs $20, I think it is a phenomenal controller. I intended it as a secondary controller for co-op play, but it has become my everyday controller because it is great.

Deepdawn Switch Controller, Wireless Pro Controller Compatible with Nintendo Switch, Wireless Gamepad Joystick with Programmable Function【2023 Upgraded Version】 https://a.co/d/1x9yOVk

VAMatt said:

This is my primary Switch controller. The rumble isn't as good as the Pro, but I prefer the overall feel. When you consider that it only costs $20, I think it is a phenomenal controller. I intended it as a secondary controller for co-op play, but it has become my everyday controller because it is great.

Deepdawn Switch Controller, Wireless Pro Controller Compatible with Nintendo Switch, Wireless Gamepad Joystick with Programmable Function【2023 Upgraded Version】 https://a.co/d/1x9yOVk

Noice! Thanks for posting it. Wish I knew about this last time I was in the US. I purchased the Hori Split Pad Pro there, and not two months of use in, it was already drifting...

Edit: by looking up our local Amazon store, I found these. They look very similar to the ones you posted. Wonder if they are the same:

https://www.amazon.com.br/interruptores-CuleedTec-profissional-girosc%C3%B3pio-carregamento/dp/B07P8Q868K/ref=d_pd_sbs_sccl_3_1/144-3838183-3085402?pd_rd_w=Z18J1&content-id=amzn1.sym.bc536bd6-e72b-44eb-9471-0bedf0517c03&pf_rd_p=bc536bd6-e72b-44eb-9471-0bedf0517c03&pf_rd_r=861PVS5RP253ZXNQ586X&pd_rd_wg=rsjml&pd_rd_r=91136752-bb57-430c-a830-8ea14a50c2ff&pd_rd_i=B07P8Q868K&psc=1

Last edited by farlaff - on 19 June 2023

farlaff said:
VAMatt said:

Deepdawn Switch Controller, Wireless Pro Controller Compatible with Nintendo Switch, Wireless Gamepad Joystick with Programmable Functionã€Â2023 Upgraded Version】 https://a.co/d/1x9yOVk

Noice! Thanks for posting it. Wish I knew about this last time I was in the US. I purchased the Hori Split Pad Pro there, and not two months of use in, it was already drifting...

Edit: by looking up our local Amazon store, I found these. They look very similar to the ones you posted. Wonder if they are the same:

https://www.amazon.com.br/interruptores-CuleedTec-profissional-girosc%C3%B3pio-carregamento/dp/B07P8Q868K/ref=d_pd_sbs_sccl_3_1/144-3838183-3085402?pd_rd_w=Z18J1&content-id=amzn1.sym.bc536bd6-e72b-44eb-9471-0bedf0517c03&pf_rd_p=bc536bd6-e72b-44eb-9471-0bedf0517c03&pf_rd_r=861PVS5RP253ZXNQ586X&pd_rd_wg=rsjml&pd_rd_r=91136752-bb57-430c-a830-8ea14a50c2ff&pd_rd_i=B07P8Q868K&psc=1

It definitely looks very similar.  But, the features don't seem to match.  Mine has programmable rear buttons (paddles really) that I've never used, whereas the one you posted does not.  But, it has adjustable rumble, which mine does not (as far as I know).

VAMatt said:
farlaff said:

It definitely looks very similar.  But, the features don't seem to match.  Mine has programmable rear buttons (paddles really) that I've never used, whereas the one you posted does not.  But, it has adjustable rumble, which mine does not (as far as I know).

Yeah, that's interesting to know. Thanks! Maybe I'll order one and take a look just for the heck of it :).

Around the Network

The Pro is as good as the joycons are unreliable. And the pro is really good.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Its okay. Good quality and buttons. It does feel a little too small for my hands. Reminds me of the original small Xbox controller (non duke). That and its missing analogue triggers.

Not sure what which I prefer tbh, all of the current controllers are a step back in ergonomics imo. Xbox Series too small, Dualsense too large. I'd honestly say the perfect controllers for me were between the DS4 and Xbox One.

To me, it felt like the perfectionist version of the WiiU Pro controller which already felt quite nice to hold in. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Nintendo simply iterate only slightly the model for the next console cuz I don't wish for another type of Xbox 360 controller to Xbone controller. Which felt like the biggest downgrade in every way possible.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909