By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Tagged games:

I loved it. As far as im concerned its a 10/10 and a clear example of how sometimes bigger is better, cause for me it outdid the first one in pretty much every area. The animation, needless to say, was fantastic, but i was also impressed with the sound editing/soundtrack. They really put a lof of effort into it and it shows.

My only nitpick would be the lenght, I felt it was a bit longer than it needed to be, mostly because the start of the film feels a bit slow, however I wouldnt know what to take out cause I feel the setup is needed, and later on the pacing does pick up.
Had a blast. Im very much looking forward to the next one.

Around the Network
spynx said:
PAOerfulone said:

Just got back from seeing it.
Absolutely fantastic from beginning to end!
Everything about it from the visuals, the plot, the cast of characters.
It was everything I was hoping for in a sequel and just a tiny bit more.
I cannot freaking wait for Beyond the Spider-Verse! If that proves to be just as good, if not better, than the first two... Lord of the Rings may have some competition for "Best Movie Trilogy of All Time."

Do you see it making a lot of monies than the previous installment?

Oh yeah.

It's about to pass the first film after just one week in theatres.

If I had to guess I'd say it ends up somewhere around the $700m range.

Slightly off-topic:

But just look at the run that Spidey has been on for the last 7 years - Every since his introduction into the MCU.

2016 - Civil War.
2017 - Homecoming.
2018 - Infinity War, Spider-Man (PS4), Into the Spider-Verse.
2019 - Endgame, Far From Home.
2020 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales.
2021 - No Way Home.
2022 - N/A (I'm drawing a blank. If there was something this year, I missed it.)
2023 - Across the Spider-Verse, Spider-Man 2 (PS5).
2024 - Beyond the Spider-Verse.

And that's not counting the Venom stuff.

Just... Home Run after Home Run. So many Home Runs it would make Barry Bonds jealous!!!

Has any other superhero had the run Spidey has had these last 7, soon to be 8, years? Has Batman or Superman ever had a run like this?!

I don't want to start a flame war by saying this: But I'm reaching the point where I just might have Spider-Man as the #1 superhero, period. For the longest time, the Big 3 has always been Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man. And for a good chunk of that time, Spidey was seen as the #3 behind DC's dynamic duo. Something almost everyone in the 20th century accepted. Then, we go into the 21st century, Spider-Man and Batman both take off into higher levels across all these different ventures: Movies, video games, TV shows, etc. They overtook Superman and really haven't looked back for the most part. (Poor Superman, I love that Big Blue Boyscout, it's been so long since he's really had something like on the level of what Batman and Spider-Man get on a regular basis.)
And all throughout the 2000s and 2010s, Batman and Spider-Man have basically been neck-and-neck going back and forth. But recently? With this unbelievable run Spider-Man has been on w/ this film and more than likely Beyond the Spider-Verse next year? I think he's pulled ahead of Batman and firmly taken hold of that #1 spot.

PAOerfulone said:

Slightly off-topic:

But just look at the run that Spidey has been on for the last 7 years - Every since his introduction into the MCU.

2016 - Civil War.
2017 - Homecoming.
2021 - No Way Home.
2022 - N/A (I'm drawing a blank. If there was something this year, I missed it.)

Just... Home Run after Home Run. So many Home Runs it would make Barry Bonds jealous!!!

Has any other superhero had the run Spidey has had these last 7, soon to be 8, years? Has Batman or Superman ever had a run like this?!

I don't want to start a flame war by saying this: But I'm reaching the point where I just might have Spider-Man as the #1 superhero, period. For the longest time, the Big 3 has always been Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man. And for a good chunk of that time, Spidey was seen as the #3 behind DC's dynamic duo. Something almost everyone in the 20th century accepted. Then, we go into the 21st century, Spider-Man and Batman both take off into higher levels across all these different ventures: Movies, video games, TV shows, etc. They overtook Superman and really haven't looked back for the most part. (Poor Superman, I love that Big Blue Boyscout, it's been so long since he's really had something like on the level of what Batman and Spider-Man get on a regular basis.)
And all throughout the 2000s and 2010s, Batman and Spider-Man have basically been neck-and-neck going back and forth. But recently? With this unbelievable run Spider-Man has been on w/ this film and more than likely Beyond the Spider-Verse next year? I think he's pulled ahead of Batman and firmly taken hold of that #1 spot.

Why would you have had Superman ahead of Spider-man at any point?

In terms of movies, Spider-man has clearly been miles ahead since the first Raimi film. In comic books, he's outsold him probably since the 70's. Superman's yet to have a decent or good selling solo game and Spider-man's had at least a handful prior to the PS4 game. Superman possibly has the edge in animation, not counting the Spider-verse movies. 

I think it's generally agreed that Spider-man and Batman are 1 and 2. I am fairly sure they've had the best grossing solo films, and best selling videogames. Spider-man comics tend to outsell Batman, but the comic book industry is at this point a relatively small part of it.

If Superman is third, it's a pretty distant third. X-men might have been ahead for a while if you count teams here, until Marvel intentionally set out to devalue the franchise. Superman is iconic, but really hasn't been as big as the others since like the 70s. 

At this point, Spider-man is definitely in the top spot. I think you could have argued that even before the MCU, but now it's not close. The fact that the PS4/5 games have overtaken the Arkham series as the top super hero franchise, by a lot, is just the cherry on top. Now if only they could make another good Spider-man animated series... and not cancel it after two seasons. 

JWeinCom said:
PAOerfulone said:

Slightly off-topic:

2016 - Civil War.
2017 - Homecoming.
2021 - No Way Home.

Why would you have had Superman ahead of Spider-man at any point?

Mostly out of respect for Superman's legacy. He's supposed to be THE superhero of superheroes. Not in terms of his powers, but in his morals - What humans and mankind should strive to be like. But it's been so long since we've had a GOOD Superman portrayal outside the comics - And like you said, comics have been so niche now that they're almost irrelevant. 

In terms of movies, Spider-man has clearly been miles ahead since the first Raimi film. In comic books, he's outsold him probably since the 70's. Superman's yet to have a decent or good selling solo game and Spider-man's had at least a handful prior to the PS4 game. Superman possibly has the edge in animation, not counting the Spider-verse movies. 

I think it's generally agreed that Spider-man and Batman are 1 and 2. I am fairly sure they've had the best grossing solo films, and best selling videogames. Spider-man comics tend to outsell Batman, but the comic book industry is at this point a relatively small part of it.

If Superman is third, it's a pretty distant third. X-men might have been ahead for a while if you count teams here, until Marvel intentionally set out to devalue the franchise. Superman is iconic, but really hasn't been as big as the others since like the 70s. 

At this point, Spider-man is definitely in the top spot. I think you could have argued that even before the MCU, but now it's not close. The fact that the PS4/5 games have overtaken the Arkham series as the top super hero franchise, by a lot, is just the cherry on top. Now if only they could make another good Spider-man animated series... and not cancel it after two seasons. 

Around the Network

Was spoiler free as always with things like this. First I'd say the animation was amazing, if we were to judge it on that alone it would be one of the best films ever made, the different styles being done between worlds was amazing and Marvel should take note, this is how you are supposed to do an alternate reality film/plotline.

Overall, I don't think it was as good as the first one, it was amazing no doubt there but when you are against the best Spider-man film made, they had a lot of live up to. I thought it kinda dragged at parts, few plot points repeated or scenes going on for longer than needed. But I also did not know it was a 2 parter so I came in expecting a single story, even if they planned to do a 3rd, so kinda explains a lot of that. I got giddy with fan-boy excitement seeing Miguel in action and would have liked to see actual Mayday, not the version we got.

Hmm, pie.

Will watch when it hits streaming. I have yet to see a Spider-Man film better than 2 with Raimi and the first one remains my fave ever in Super Hero films along with Batman 1989. I liked verse and liked the MCU ones tho. Less said about the Garfield movies the better.

Last edited by Leynos - on 11 June 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I saw it last night with my cousin and oh my God was that movie amazing. It even Surpassed the first Spider-verse for me and I didn't think it was possible. I was so engaged with this movie by the end that the cliffhanger had me going Nooooooooooo!!

I can not wait for the second part. If the third movie is as good or better this will go down as one of my favorite movie trilogies.

Last edited by Eric2048 - on 12 June 2023

Saw this yesterday and was blown away.

I expected this to be good but I wasn't expecting a masterpiece. Best SpiderMan film of all time IMO and up there as one of the best superhero movies. Could end up as one of the greatest trilogies ever. It sold me completely on a Spiderverse multiplayer game lol. 

Brilliant movie, the first imo was the better movie but it's really hard to top Into The Spiderverse.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi