By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mortal Kombat 1 is coming September 19 to Xbox Series, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Leaving out last gen is right thing to do. Only a story trailer too, no gameplay but it's releasing this year, which is good. It's a timeline reset so characters could be vastly different but it actually continues the story from 11.

As for end of the trailer "Pre-order to get Shang Tsung." Classic WB.

Hmm, pie.

Not really into the excessive gore going on here. Nonetheless, that was a really cool reveal trailer. I'm interested to see more!

Why "One" though?

Kristof81 said:

Why "One" though?

Cause the future and the past collided in Mortal Kombat 11, due to Chronica. That's what Raiden said.

And then they tested their might, and here we are.

Around the Network

Wasn't MK 9 a Reboot?

konnichiwa said:

Wasn't MK 9 a Reboot?

I always wonder what actually constitutes a reboot really. I mean the story of 9 needed the events of 1-7 to take place as the end of 7 is why 9 takes place, so the story is just a continuation of that story, just a in a new timeline.

End of 11 was a bigger time shift where technically all events before it took place but the events of 9 to 11 didn't take place because of what happened at the very end of 11.

... yeah this sounds about right.

Hmm, pie.

I can't get excited with no gameplay. Just a bland CGI trailer.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Kristof81 said:

Why "One" though?

Marketing wise, it's just easier to market a long game series to newcomers if the franchise in question is rebooted. Moreso than adding another number.

Anywoo, not too convinced by a simple CG Trailer. Will wait for the actual gameplay reveal.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Look at those crappy Switch graphics in that trailer, barely looks photo realistic! Wish they would have shown actual gameplay, but I'm guessing that is coming next week during the Sony presentation.