By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FFCC: My Life as a King - new downloads detailed

DMeisterJ said:
Nintendo is gonna nickel and dime people who buy this game to death. The DLC almost equals the price of the 'complete' version of the game.

How does this have anything to do with Nintendo?  Seriously, you can't be that ignorant... Nintendo has nothing to do with pricing on WiiWare.  Every publisher sets their own pricing.  

Around the Network

Meh I might not get this game. I could be too happy with lost winds, and world of goo instead.

DMeisterJ said:
Nintendo is gonna nickel and dime people who buy this game to death. The DLC almost equals the price of the 'complete' version of the game.

Nintendo is?  This is Square =P while Nintendo is getting their share for sure they're the ones who said "hey lets make em pay for this extra stuff" 

Though I wonder if the normal game was at the maximum block limits then the extra content is a round about way of getting around the "reccomended size" limitations.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Thats a lot of points for one game

naznatips said:
DMeisterJ said:

How does this have anything to do with Nintendo?  Seriously, you can't be that ignorant... Nintendo has nothing to do with pricing on WiiWare.  Every publisher sets their own pricing.  

SORRY!

I was buys

I meant SE

Around the Network

So far, the only dumb DLC option is the "Change your name" download.

The rest seem like legit downloads, though some might argue the 'race' download is a rip-off.

Remember... it is all optional.

DonWii said:

The rest seem like legit downloads, though some might argue the 'race' download is a rip-off.

No, it's all stuff that could have been in the original game but is now separated to make them more money.

You could say that about all game DLC.

Everything that is added to just about any game COULD have been in the original. I'd say the exception is music for GH and RB.

DonWii said:

You could say that about all game DLC.

Everything that is added to just about any game COULD have been in the original. I'd say the exception is music for GH and RB.

I do say that about almost all DLC.   That's one of the main reasons I disapprove of it.  PC expansion packs are fine because they (should) contain enough content in themselves to almost be treated as a second game.  DLC is not.

Words Of Wisdom said:
DonWii said:

No, it's all stuff that could have been in the original game but is now separated to make them more money.

But if they included them all, it would take more of the Wii's storage. This way, you just have to have 40MB get used up, and any more is your choice (until a better storage option is offered). 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs