By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK March and Q1 Sales Info

Norion said:
CGI-Quality said:

The Acti deal is unlikely to give any meaningful "boost" in that regard, particularly as the be big games will remain multiplatform (at least for a while). Of course, they won't beat PlayStation either way, so that should be (and isn't) the end goal. They just need to ease the bleed.

I think all the additions to Game Pass and them getting control of marketing for games like COD should cause a notable boost to hardware sales. That impact will be felt far more next year than this year though so sales are probably gonna remain poor till at least Starfield.

Sure, there will be a lift of some sort, but there is only so much that will do, particularly the Game Pass element. The Acti deal is much more likely to be felt next gen (again, talking in any substantial capacity).

Should Starfield prove to be really good, they'll definitely have a better holiday than last year and should start 2024 off in better shape.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Norion said:

I think all the additions to Game Pass and them getting control of marketing for games like COD should cause a notable boost to hardware sales. That impact will be felt far more next year than this year though so sales are probably gonna remain poor till at least Starfield.

Sure, there will be a lift of some sort, but there is only so much that will do, particularly the Game Pass element. The Acti deal is much more likely to be felt next gen (again, talking in any substantial capacity).

Should Starfield prove to be really good, they'll definitely have a better holiday than last year and should start 2024 off in better shape.

It'll be felt at least some this gen though you're right its impact will be greater next gen when things will be fresh instead of coming into fruition when the gen has already been mostly decided. Xbox kinda needs Starfield to be good or else the brand will getting into genuine trouble.

Also this is unrelated but you replying made me remember those technical threads you used to make and man the new Cyberpunk update would be perfect for something like that.

Estimates from Installbase for 2023:

PS5: 58k for Jan, 74k for Feb and 72k for March
Switch: 38k for Jan, 32k for Feb and 32k for March
Xbox Series: 29k for Jan, 34k for Feb and 31k for March.

Norion said:
CGI-Quality said:

It'll be felt at least some this gen though you're right its impact will be greater next gen when things will be fresh instead of coming into fruition when the gen has already been mostly decided. Xbox kinda needs Starfield to be good or else the brand will getting into genuine trouble.

Also this is unrelated but you replying made me remember those technical threads you used to make and man the new Cyberpunk update would be perfect for something like that.

I mean, unless Sony messes up royally, they'll likely always be ahead. PlayStation is simply a far, far bigger brand. 

What I meant was they [Xbox] will come into next gen in a better position.

CGI-Quality said:
Norion said:

I mean, unless Sony messes up royally, they'll likely always be ahead. PlayStation is simply a far, far bigger brand. 

There's also when a new gen is starting the opportunity to take market share is at its highest is what I meant there to be more clear.

Around the Network
Norion said:
CGI-Quality said:

There's also when a new gen is starting the opportunity to take market share is at its highest is what I meant there to be more clear.

Historically, but that's changing too. Ecosystems are making a far bigger difference. Nothing wrong with Xbox's current marketshare (in regards to distance). The issue is the continued declination. Games are the answer, not just acquisitions and subscriptions services. 

If anything, Sony learned this by watching Nintendo. A very smart move.

CGI-Quality said:
Norion said:

Historically, but that's changing too. Ecosystems are making a far bigger difference. Nothing wrong with Xbox's current marketshare (in regards to distance). The issue is the continued declination. Games are the answer, not just acquisitions and subscriptions services. 

The ecosystem part shows why it was very bad timing for Microsoft to screw up so badly with the Xbox One. Even if their position improves getting someone who has a PS5 to not buy a backwards compatible PS6 and transfer everything over and instead start anew somewhere else will be difficult.

Does the strongest markets include the U.S.?🙄

CGI-Quality said:
Norion said:

I still wait to see how Nintendo will transition from the Switch to the Super Switch. Cause ecosystem or not, we know Nintendo can be lackluster in the most easy/obvious fields (the whole DS ecosystem being followed by the 3DS - but this one being less successful, same (and worse) for the Wii - Wii U transition).

But I believe Microsoft had the opportunity to flip cards/do better this time with a big launch with a lot of games (I was even tempted to buy a Series S when I saw the E3 presentations in 2020 and 2021), but 15 months between Halo Infinite and Redfall, it's like hoping the hot coffee in my mug I poured at 6 in the morning will be still hot at 3 in the afternoon

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Does the strongest markets include the U.S.?🙄

Jez showing that he still knows nothing on how shippment works.

EDIT: well he confirmed