By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

BraLoD said:

Awards-wise? Not a chance.

It can be Sony's new Little Big Planet tho, big scores and good sales.

I'm really excited for it, but if Mario never wins the GOTY Astro has no chance as well.

Has Mario really never won GoTY? 

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:
BraLoD said:

Awards-wise? Not a chance.

It can be Sony's new Little Big Planet tho, big scores and good sales.

I'm really excited for it, but if Mario never wins the GOTY Astro has no chance as well.

Has Mario really never won GoTY? 

No. At least not in The Game Awards era with Geoff Keighley. 2 Mario games have been nominated for GOTY. Odyssey in 2017 but lost to Breath of the Wild and last year with Wonder but lost to Baldur's Gate 3.

Of course, that doesn't take into account other GOTY award ceremonies throughout the decades when Mario was the biggest force in all of gaming. Still is a force to be reckoned with, but gaming has matured in a lot of ways to where he doesn't always take the crown as he once used to.

Super Mario Galaxy lost to Bioshock and Super Mario Galaxy 2 lost to Red Dead Redemption. Those were really strong years with Mass Effect 1 and 2, Halo 3, The Orange Box.

I feel like this year thus far, is shaping up with less competition. So maybe Astro will have a better chance.

And maybe to some extent, Astro might benefit from other reasons. Maybe it'll get a boost for being different from normal Sony games. I feel like people are wanting something different.  

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 09 July 2024

G2ThaUNiT said:

No. At least not in The Game Awards era with Geoff Keighley. 2 Mario games have been nominated for GOTY. Odyssey in 2017 but lost to Breath of the Wild and last year with Wonder but lost to Baldur's Gate 3.

Of course, that doesn't take into account other GOTY award ceremonies throughout the decades when Mario was the biggest force in all of gaming. Still is a force to be reckoned with, but gaming has matured in a lot of ways to where he doesn't always take the crown as he once used to.

I figured something like Super Mario Galaxy would've claimed a few GoTY's. 

PotentHerbs said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

I figured something like Super Mario Galaxy would've claimed a few GoTY's. 

I think Galaxy won IGN's GOTY. And VGA's were a bigger joke than the TGA's. Every year it was celebs and virgin jokes.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I'm honestly not that surprised about the joint venture between Sony Music and Pocketpair.

It makes a lot of sense for both parties.

Finally a PS5 owner

Already had 10 games for it Ive bought cheap over the years, so its nice to finally play them. 15 year old Demons Souls here I come!

KLXVER said:

Finally a PS5 owner

Already had 10 games for it Ive bought cheap over the years, so its nice to finally play them. 15 year old Demons Souls here I come!

Congrats, which games do you have?

Finished the Rising Tide dlc for FF16 and it was good, was expecting it to be longer tho but that’s a wrap on another game. Maybe an unpopular opinion but I hope they follow the same stripped back style of gameplay and tone for FF17.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

BraLoD said:
KLXVER said:

Finally a PS5 owner

Congrats, which games do you have?

Demons Souls

Dead Space

Returnal

Immortal Fenyx Rising

Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Deathloop

Ghostwire Tokyo

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series

Maneater

The Callisto Protocol