By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| We have Stellar Helldiving Bots

BasilZero said:

Finished Tekken 2 (PS4) via my PS5.

Played through arcade (and unlocked all characters) with all 25 characters.

Really enjoyed playing T2 again, not as fun as T5 and afterwards but still enjoyable.

Game: Tekken 2
Genre: Fighting
Developer: Namco Bandai
Publisher: Namco Bandai
System: Playstation 4 (PS4)
Year of Release: 2022
Length of Playthrough: 4 Hours

Total Score: 86/100

Pros
+Save states and Rewind features
+Screen resolution size, window size options

Cons
-A lot of clone characters and reskins

Score wise comparison to all the games I played in the series....

Tekken (PS1): 79
Tekken 2 (PS1): 84
Tekken 2 (PS4): 86
Tekken 5 (PS2): N/A
Tekken 6 (PSP): N/A
Tekken 7 (PC): 93
Tekken Dark Resurrection (PSP): N/A
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3): 94

Not playing anything new Playstation wise (except for Driveclub) at this moment but my next PS game I will be playing is likely Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade for PS5.

I miss Tekken 4, it had the best Jin ever in that one.  My college frat also put on a Tekken tournament every semester for the campus and had a big party afterwards.  We were a bunch of cool geeks lol.  I'm glad to see that the series is still popular, though.  Which characters do you mainly use? And it looks like you play PC for T7, i'm guessing Steam?  Does that work out well for multiplayer vs someone else or is there a lot of lagging and whatnot?

Around the Network
shavenferret said:

I miss Tekken 4, it had the best Jin ever in that one.  My college frat also put on a Tekken tournament every semester for the campus and had a big party afterwards.  We were a bunch of cool geeks lol.  I'm glad to see that the series is still popular, though.  Which characters do you mainly use? And it looks like you play PC for T7, i'm guessing Steam?  Does that work out well for multiplayer vs someone else or is there a lot of lagging and whatnot?

Damn, that sounds awesome.

When I was in high school - our teacher brought in his gamecube and we got to play Soulcalibur 2 (its how I was introduced to the series and indirectly to Tekken) from time to time.

When I do a playthrough of each game , I play all the characters in Arcade mode and story mode but in regards to favorite characters....

Tekken 1
-Kazuya
-Law
-Heihachi

Tekken 2
-Kazuya
-Law
-Heihachi
-Anna
-Lei

Tekken 5
-Devil Jin
-Law
-Raven
-Xiayou

Tekken Dark Resurrection
-Devil Jin
-Law
-Raven
-Xiayou
-Lili

Tekken 6
-Devil Jin
-Law
-Lili
-Raven
-Xiayou

Tekken 7
-Devil Jin
-Heihachi
-Kazuya
-Lili
-Law
-Xiayou
-Jin
-Josie
-Akuma
-Noctis
-Eliza
-Anna
-Lidia
-Nina

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
-Devil Jin
-Angel
-Anna
-Heihachi
-Jin
-Kazuya
-Lili
-Marshall Law
-Raven
-Xiayou

As for Tekken 7 - yes I played it on Steam (though I do also have it on PS4 and Xbox One) - I havent done MP though, when I play fighters, I mainly do Single player modes.

shavenferret said:
BasilZero said:

Finished Tekken 2 (PS4) via my PS5.

Played through arcade (and unlocked all characters) with all 25 characters.

Really enjoyed playing T2 again, not as fun as T5 and afterwards but still enjoyable.

Game: Tekken 2
Genre: Fighting
Developer: Namco Bandai
Publisher: Namco Bandai
System: Playstation 4 (PS4)
Year of Release: 2022
Length of Playthrough: 4 Hours

Total Score: 86/100

Pros
+Save states and Rewind features
+Screen resolution size, window size options

Cons
-A lot of clone characters and reskins

Score wise comparison to all the games I played in the series....

Tekken (PS1): 79
Tekken 2 (PS1): 84
Tekken 2 (PS4): 86
Tekken 5 (PS2): N/A
Tekken 6 (PSP): N/A
Tekken 7 (PC): 93
Tekken Dark Resurrection (PSP): N/A
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3): 94

Not playing anything new Playstation wise (except for Driveclub) at this moment but my next PS game I will be playing is likely Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade for PS5.

Tekken 7's online is good on PC and acceptable on PS4.

Not only is the netcode better on PC, but the input lag is lower as well, so the two versions end up feeling different if you play competitively (some moves that are reactable on PC aren't reactable on PS4). Good thing Tekken 7 has no crossplay.

Tekken 8 adressed most of that, so PS5 and PC versions are virtually identical (and they support crossplay).

BasilZero said:
shavenferret said:

When I was in high school - our teacher brought in his gamecube and we got to play Soulcalibur 2 (its how I was introduced to the series and indirectly to Tekken) from time to time.

When I do a playthrough of each game , I play all the characters in Arcade mode and story mode but in regards to favorite characters....

Tekken 1
-Kazuya
-Law
-Heihachi

Tekken 2
-Kazuya
-Law
-Heihachi
-Anna
-Lei

Tekken 5
-Devil Jin
-Law
-Raven
-Xiayou

Tekken Dark Resurrection
-Devil Jin
-Law
-Raven
-Xiayou
-Lili

Tekken 6
-Devil Jin
-Law
-Lili
-Raven
-Xiayou

Tekken 7
-Devil Jin
-Heihachi
-Kazuya
-Lili
-Law
-Xiayou
-Jin
-Josie
-Akuma
-Noctis
-Eliza
-Anna
-Lidia
-Nina

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
-Devil Jin
-Angel
-Anna
-Heihachi
-Jin
-Kazuya
-Lili
-Marshall Law
-Raven
-Xiayou

As for Tekken 7 - yes I played it on Steam (though I do also have it on PS4 and Xbox One) - I havent done MP though, when I play fighters, I mainly do Single player modes.

Sounds real cool, man 

Astro Bot continues to be the best thing Sonys released this gen, I’ll be getting that full AB game day 1, looking incredible. Also picked up Spider-Man 2 in the sale (finally) :P

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Speaking of Tekken here is Tekken 3 at E3 1998

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

You had an awsome teacher.  That sounds like my teacher who was in charge of our anime game club in high school. 

BasilZero said:
shavenferret said:

Tekken 1
-Kazuya
-Law
-Heihachi

Tekken 2
-Kazuya
-Law
-Heihachi
-Anna
-Lei

Tekken 5
-Devil Jin
-Law
-Raven
-Xiayou

Tekken Dark Resurrection
-Devil Jin
-Law
-Raven
-Xiayou
-Lili

Tekken 6
-Devil Jin
-Law
-Lili
-Raven
-Xiayou

Tekken 7
-Devil Jin
-Heihachi
-Kazuya
-Lili
-Law
-Xiayou
-Jin
-Josie
-Akuma
-Noctis
-Eliza
-Anna
-Lidia
-Nina

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
-Devil Jin
-Angel
-Anna
-Heihachi
-Jin
-Kazuya
-Lili
-Marshall Law
-Raven
-Xiayou

BiON!@ 

VersusEvil said:

Astro Bot continues to be the best thing Sonys released this gen, I’ll be getting that full AB game day 1, looking incredible. Also picked up Spider-Man 2 in the sale (finally) :P

It's a pity that that the original, and the 2 Playroom titles are stuck on PS4.

The entire series should be updated for use on PS5. 

Could be good for smaller interim projects before the next Astro Bot releases in a few years.

Also, I kinda hope that Neon Kai's mobile title is Astrobot related (and has a console release). 

Last edited by twintail - on 02 June 2024

Stellar Blade is the best thing Sony has published in this gen.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Stellar Blade is the best thing Sony has published in this gen.

Certainly a close race between it and Helldivers II.