By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

How far into development was this game?!?! This makes it seem like it was near completion! Perhaps they couldn't see a long term roadmap for the game? If they were incorporating the Spider-verse, that's theoretically, an infinite number of ways they could've kept that going. 

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

How far into development was this game?!?! This makes it seem like it was near completion! Perhaps they couldn't see a long term roadmap for the game? If they were incorporating the Spider-verse, that's theoretically, an infinite number of ways they could've kept that going. 

I was listening to Beji sales and he claims that he played it and it was amazing. I think they are taking this and incorporating it into Spiderman 3. Which was confirmed to have some sort of MP component and coming to PC day 1.

Finished Rollerdrome. Surprisingly fun game. Though honestly I just turned on invincibility after a while. Dealing with enemies while trying to skate and get high scores was a little much in later stages.

Yeah HD2 is beating SM2 soon and possibly passing 20 million copies sold by year's end. In my parallel dream world, FF7 Rebirth is the bigger success story...

:(

Around the Network
Kyuu said:

Yeah HD2 is beating SM2 soon and possibly passing 20 million copies sold by year's end. In my parallel dream world, FF7 Rebirth is the bigger success story...

Tbf, PC was the catalyst that helped boost these numbers. Game has been the number 1 most paid game on Steam globally for a month straight. 

G2ThaUNiT said:

G2ThaUNiT said:
Kyuu said:

Tbf, PC was the catalyst that helped boost these numbers. Game has been the number 1 most paid game on Steam globally for a month straight. 

Of course it is, the lower pricepoint is the other factor. But at the end of the day, a "AA" GaaS will beat Spider-Man 2's and Ragnarok's lifetime sales (eventual PC version included), and likely by a good margin.

I suggested the PC day and date plan for Sony's multiplayer games years before Sony did it, coz it just made sense. Games or sequels that have little chance selling particularly well can benefit massively from going to PC at day 1. Established 1st party games that sell and hype up systems on the other hand should remain at least timed exclusive, or your console is going to suffer a quicker decline.

I used to laugh at PC elitists not that long ago whenever they claimed PC was decidedly superior to consoles, but nowadays it's by far the best platform, and the popularity growth shows it.

https://insider-gaming.com/ps5-pro-specs-2024/

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 16 March 2024

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

https://insider-gaming.com/ps5-pro-specs-2024/

How much?