By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

I just want Persona 6

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:

I just want Persona 6

Is it rumored to be announced soon? Have really not been keeping up with games news for a while.

But yeah, P5 released back in 2016, if P6 releases next year it'll be another 8 years gap like from P4 to P5, damn.

BraLoD said:
gooch_destroyer said:

I just want Persona 6

Is it rumored to be announced soon? Have really not been keeping up with game news for a while.

But yeah, P5 was released back in 2016, if P6 releases next year it'll be another 8 years gap from P4 to P5, damn.

P5 was announced ten years ago too. so, it's about that time. 

gooch_destroyer said:

I just want Persona 6

They still havent even released their other new IP that they announced like 7 years ago lol

Around the Network

Castlevania has never been a PS-centric franchise (Even SOTN was on Saturn) but Sony keeps acting like they should have everything to themselves. I really hate Jim Ryan. If it is a new CV. Don't be fucking souls and don't be a Metroidvania. A bunch of that out there now. You have Bloodstained for that. Make a classic side-scrolling 2.5D linear gothic horror game. CVIV is still the best in the series.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

As much as I hate to say it, I think the PixelOpus closure makes business sense.

Compare to Supergiant, it is in the ballpark of the same size of studio. And yet they're consistently putting out games every 3 years that are pretty much all reviewing better than Concrete Genie, which PixelOpus took 5 years to put out. PixelOpus has some very sweet origins, but they are not a big value add to PlayStation. 

Supergiant GamesPixelOpus

Transistor (83)

Pyre (82)

Hades (93)

Entwined (59)

Concrete Genie (75)

Transistor and Entwined came out in 2014. In that time frame, Supergiant put out two games to PixelOpus's one, and one of which was a GOTY contender, compared to even AAA games.  

It doesn't feel surprising.

The more "at risk" studios:

London Studio

Media Molecule

Team Asobi

Team Asobi is a critical darling, and puts out high quality games in a pretty quick amount of time. Not sure if they're breaking even, but they're putting out high quality stuff.

Media Molecule is a critical darling as well, but with worse budget issues. I could see their next game being a make it or break it, but I think they're fine.

London Studio is probably the worst one off. They're at least a pretty productive studio. Blood and Truth was definitely better received than anything PixelOpus put out. So there is that.

I could see any of them getting closed down at some point, but I doubt it (and I hope not).  

I thought Team Asobi was already closed and its team members got absorbed within the other groups in SIE?

BasilZero said:

I thought Team Asobi was already closed and its team members got absorbed within the other groups in SIE?

No.  

Japan Studio was closed, Team Asobi was spun off to be it's own thing. 

They just did an interview 6 months ago about how they were planning to grow to about 100 employees and wanted to do more than Astrobot. 

the-pi-guy said:

No.  

Japan Studio was closed, Team Asobi was spun off to be it's own thing. 

They just did an interview 6 months ago about how they were planning to grow to about 100 employees and wanted to do more than Astrobot. 

Ooh nice, didnt know that.

Give them Jak and Daxter or Sly IP!