By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Get those last minute votes in for May's Most Wanted!

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/247293/most-wanted-may/

Around the Network
axumblade said:

I might have to skip these until the summer games show and other events that go down around that time. 

gooch_destroyer said:
axumblade said:

I might have to skip these until the summer games show and other events that go down around that time. 

I get that. If you feel inclined, you could always vote for 1 or 2 games but that’s up to you. No pressure though. It’s that time of the year when we need some announcements

Been playing Final Fantasy 1 Pixel Remaster.  

Been cheating a lot though. Using all the boosts. Feel bad about it, that it's robbing me of the authentic FF1 experience. 4x experience, turning off random encounters. 

But it's still been a joy. Really wild to me. Feels like I'm playing something that released just a few years before Super Mario RPG. 

Planning to play through all of the Final Fantasy games this year. Well 1-10, 12, 15, 16 at least....

the-pi-guy said:

Been cheating a lot though. Using all the boosts. Feel bad about it, that it's robbing me of the authentic FF1 experience. 4x experience, turning off random encounters. 

But it's still been a joy. Really wild to me. Feels like I'm playing something that released just a few years before Super Mario RPG. 

Planning to play through all of the Final Fantasy games this year. Well 1-10, 12, 15, 16 at least....

Have you played any of the previous versions of Final Fantasy I (NES, GBA, PSP, PS1, iOS, and PC)?

Dont feel bad about using the boosts - I plan to start on the Pixel remaster soon and I plan to use all of the boosts. The first 3 FF games (and 5) are the ones I've grinded the most in, so I'm not gonna feel bad about using the boosts at all lol.

Bear in mind though, dont use the boosts right off the bat on FF6 because when you are like 30% or so into the game, you'll get Espers/magicite, they give bonuses when you have them equipped - so dont overlevel before that.

I'm planning to do a marathon as well, it'll be my....4th time doing a FF marathon lol - right now I'm playing through FFVI mobile remake on PC but that isnt part of any of the marathons.

Next marathon will consist of the following....

-Final Fantasy I Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy II Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy III Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy IV Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy V Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy VI Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy VII (NS)
-Final Fantasy VIII (NS)
-Final Fantasy IX (NS)
-Final Fantasy X (NS)
-Final Fantasy X-2 (NS)
-Final Fantasy XII (NS)

I'm gonna be retiring my 3DS soon once I finish playing off DQ8 (and might take it from time to time to play the rest of the backlog) - to use my Switch as a primary device when I use it for my lunch breaks at work.

I still have all of the FF games on Playstation and Xbox as well....along with everything I have on Steam. I just love Final Fantasy lol

I'm planning to get FFXVI sometime later this year.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

I'm about halfway through 2 at the moment. Enjoying it a lot more than I remember. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

I'm about halfway through 2 at the moment. Enjoying it a lot more than I remember. 

Which versions of FF2 have you played before?

I played the NES, PS1, GBA, and PSP versions.

The NES and PS1 versions I dropped but I did finish the GBA and PSP versions - the extra content in those versions were great, too bad they arent in the Pixel remaster.

But with the boosts it should make FF2 less grindy hopefully. I really didnt like the leveling system in FF2 lol

BasilZero said:

Have you played any of the previous versions of Final Fantasy I (NES, GBA, PSP, PS1, iOS, and PC)?

Dont feel bad about using the boosts - I plan to start on the Pixel remaster soon and I plan to use all of the boosts. The first 3 FF games (and 5) are the ones I've grinded the most in, so I'm not gonna feel bad about using the boosts at all lol.

Bear in mind though, dont use the boosts right off the bat on FF6 because when you are like 30% or so into the game, you'll get Espers/magicite, they give bonuses when you have them equipped - so dont overlevel before that.

I've never played any of them.  

Final Fantasy X is like my 5th favorite game ever, and yet I've barely played any of the other Final Fantasy titles. Trying to rectify that, this year.  

the-pi-guy said:
BasilZero said:

Final Fantasy X is like my 5th favorite game ever, and yet I've barely played any of the other Final Fantasy titles. Trying to rectify that, this year.  

A lot of great Final Fantasy games to play if you haven't played many of them!  My favorites are IV, VI, and IX.  I haven't played the first 3 yet so I'm looking forward to playing those.  I also plan on playing through World of Final Fantasy on Playstation Plus extra soon.

the-pi-guy said:

Damn, you really should - its a great series especially if you enjoy jRPGs. Its my most favorite series and I think its the series I played the most - even moreso than Mario, Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts games.

rapsuperstar31 said:

A lot of great Final Fantasy games to play if you haven't played many of them!  My favorites are IV, VI, and IX.  I haven't played the first 3 yet so I'm looking forward to playing those.  I also plan on playing through World of Final Fantasy on Playstation Plus extra soon.

I got a long list of FF games I've finished and a longer list of games I havent touched - all of which I have on Steam, iOS, Xbox, Switch and PS4. (Yes I love multidipping titles lol)

My top 10 favorite titles in the mainline series are

1. Final Fantasy VI (Played 10+ times between the SNES, GBA, and PS1 versions - playing through the PC mobile remaster right now)
2. Final Fantasy IX (Played 3 playthroughs of it between the PS1 and PC versions)
3. Final Fantasy VII (played 4 playthroughs of it between the PS1 and PC versions)
4. Final Fantasy IV (played 10+ times between the SNES, GBA, PS1, DS, PSP versions)
5. Final Fantasy X (played 3 times on the PS2)
6. Final Fantasy V (played about 6 times between the SNES, GBA, PS1 and PC versions)
7. Final Fantasy XII (played once on PS2)
8. Final Fantasy VIII (played twice between PS1 and PC)
9. Final Fantasy III (played twice between the NES and DS versions)
10. Final Fantasy XV (played once on PS4 - was my first platinum trophy ever)

Spinoffs/sequels that I enjoyed included Tactics on PS1/PSP, Crystal Chronicles on GCN, XIII-2 on PS3 and Crisis Core which I played on PSP.