By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

https://i.imgur.com/kl5sNil.mp4

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

He also tossed in that another remaster will be announced that's "less exciting" than Horizon Zero Dawn remaster lol. I don't really like the Horizon games anyway, so I don't think it'll be any less exciting for me personally. I hope it's something like Gravity Rush. 

G2ThaUNiT said:

He also tossed in that another remaster will be announced that's "less exciting" than Horizon Zero Dawn remaster lol. I don't really like the Horizon games anyway, so I don't think it'll be any less exciting for me personally. I hope it's something like Gravity Rush. 

Less than 0? Horizon sucks but it's Hulst's shitty creation so of course he will push it like crazy.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Horizon remaster will be interesting. I imagine the tech team used it as test-bed for upgrades to Decima.
So it'll be nice to see what improvements we have, and if RT can be added to the engine, and how the engine will be more properly incorporated into the PRO.

As for the other remaster, could be 1st party or 3rd. There were rumours at one point about Gravity Daze 2. Maybe it's that.

G2ThaUNiT said:

The Last of Us Part II Remaster

twintail said:

Horizon remaster will be interesting. I imagine the tech team used it as test-bed for upgrades to Decima.
So it'll be nice to see what improvements we have, and if RT can be added to the engine, and how the engine will be more properly incorporated into the PRO.

As for the other remaster, could be 1st party or 3rd. There were rumours at one point about Gravity Daze 2. Maybe it's that.

Would prefer GD2/GR2 remaster lol

Around the Network

I'm against the "no games, only remasters" idiocy beint thrown around, because it's ridiculous and that's how you know someone is not being honest.
But come on Sony, why do games like Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last of Us Part II need remasters?
And you are going to show it right after the disastrous PS5 Pro reveal?
It's like Sony is really trying to make people get to hate the PS5, doesn't matter it has great games, Sony really wants to make people hate them and the PS5.
What the actual fuck is going on with you, Sony?
Since Jim Ryan retired which had already been pretty confusing marketing under him now seems like it got a lot worst.

BraLoD said:

I'm against the "no games, only remasters" idiocy beint thrown around, because it's ridiculous and that's how you know someone is not being honest.
But come on Sony, why do games like Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last of Us Part II need remasters?
And you are going to show it right after the disastrous PS5 Pro reveal?
It's like Sony is really trying to make people get to hate the PS5, doesn't matter it has great games, Sony really wants to make people hate them and the PS5.
What the actual fuck is going on with you, Sony?
Since Jim Ryan retired which had already been pretty confusing marketing under him now seems like it got a lot worst.

Games take longer to make. Which means that you potentially have staff doing nothing for longer periods of time while a game is at different points of development.

Since we know that studios have moved away from letting go of staff when a project is complete and having them work on something, that presents opportunities to get work done on a remaster.

Take a consideration for Sony Bend who went on to work on multiple projects with Naughty Dog while there next game was still trying to be pitched. They can't just stand around doing nothing.

It also helps if those working on it are getting hands-on experience with the respective game engine. It also allows the studio to see what they can do to the engine to tweak it for their next game because they have real data instead of just prototypes. 

Besides, remasters like Horizon and tlou remake also add accessibility options that never existed for them. Now Horizon can be played by a brand new audience who could never play the original. 

Remasters aren't taking away from new Sony games, so I don't think it matters of that is what their studios are sling in-between projects. 

There are a lot of positive aspects to this, from keeping employees on the payroll and not losing talent, to helping them get to grips with the engine while it gets upgraded, to opening up to a new audience, and obviously cause there's money to be made.

I really don't see the issue unless it's a really low effort release.