By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

the-pi-guy said:

Twitter is not a thing in Brazil anymore, so, is it related to PS5 Pro announcement?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
the-pi-guy said:

Twitter is not a thing in Brazil anymore, so, is it related to PS5 Pro announcement?

"Sackboy watching Astro Bot replace him in all PlayStation marketing"

And it's a video from Toy Story, where Buzz merchandise replaces all of the Woody stuff.

GymratAmarillo said:
coolbeans said:

I mean... it's a rather convenient theory w/ impressive leaps to get there.  How does it reckon with him being one of the core guys behind the Syphon Filter universe or writing some of the most accredited 1st-party Vita titles?

Easy, everyone changes. Doesn't matter how good you did in the past, you can turn at any time.

Easiest and biggest example is David Jaffe. He went from congratulating Cory Barlog for his work at God of War to trash PlayStation and God of War at any chance he has in less than 4 years. What changed? His views on youtube, that changed, he realized hate sells on the internet.

And I prefer to have a "convenient" theory than thinking Bend is just "bad" because people didn't connect with days gone lol.

While that's true, constructing this internal narrative after the fact still makes it rather flimsy.  

Speaking as someone who followed up on that controversy, you're not giving the full context.  Jaffe has, and will continue, to give Cory Barlog credit for his commercial and critical success.  He's done so on many occasions.  Given the full story in 2018 and Ragnarok, what Jaffe's soured on is the storytelling shift to Kratos becoming a Sad Dad archetype and how it's been handled.  Given his vision with the originals, I understand his POV.  Could he also have sour grapes over the franchise's greater success?  Well, maybe, but it's not so easy to read that when he lays out what seem like genuine critiques.  

But that's the thing: why do you have to fully commit to one of two options?  He *may* have grown more cranky with shouldering Days Gone after its protracted development cycle or maybe irl stuff (or grown worse at a person altogether).  But it also launched in a buggy state, which begs the question about Sony's management, Q/A mishaps, and so on.  In any case, it's the simplicity of the framing I doubt. 

Last edited by coolbeans - on 09 September 2024

BasilZero said:

The rumored price for the PS5 Pro (Disc) converting from the EU amount is $650.

Damn.

I might just wait until GTA6 comes out in late 2025 to get it (assuming it doesnt get delayed).

Don't know what the rumours are but I expect it will be $599/£579/€649 minimum for the disc drive version. Could be as high as $699/£669/€769.

I'm thinking it will be $599 without a disc drive honestly as $599 for the disc-drive version doesn't make sense unless they're going to cut the price of the Slim. Too small a difference.

BraLoD said:

Those Pro versions are completely avoidable.

Get a PS5 if you still didn't get one or the next Nintendo, PS5 Pro comes up last every scenario.

Already got a PS5 lol

But ya excited for the next Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Got the platinum for Astro last night.
What an amazing game, it could be a bit longer, it took me 17 hours to platinum and I took pictures of every single cameo bot and tested all of their hit animations, so I can't wait for that free dlc to come later this year!

I sincerely hope they can do a paid dlc where they add at least two more special stages to each galaxy about franchises born that generation... and come on, Vita being left out was so mean! Give Tearaway and specially Gravity Rush special stages, that would be awesome!

$700 for the PS5 Pro is brutal. And that's without a disc drive lol.

I'm surprised people were expecting lower. 

Prices have been trending the other way this gen.

the-pi-guy said:

It should have been lower. But for some reason they opted to go for 2TB internal SSD... Sell it with a 1TB SSD at a lower price and let people add their own Storage with the expansion bay.

the-pi-guy said:

$700 with no disk drive should definitely not be the price people should be expecting.