By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

PotentHerbs said:

Its a long shot, but with the recent news about Tango Gameworks, and granting Toys 4 Bob independence earlier in the year, I'm hoping Microsoft can facilitate a deal where Sony gets back Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.

I'm not sure what kind of reasoning Sony could use to sell Microsoft on that kind of deal because it doesn't really accomplish anything. Spyro and Crash are pretty big sellers with both of the remaster trilogies selling 10 million and 20 million respectively. Even Crash 4 sold at least 5 million reported earlier this year. Plus, they're major family friendly franchises that Microsoft is looking for. Crash Trilogy being added to GP this past week has increased the player count by something like 3,000%. So they're already working to MS's advantage.

Toys 4 Bob didn't become independent with any IPs, but they've partnered with Microsoft for what seems to be something Spyro related judging by their updated website. The franchises are most likely going to be multiplat anyways, and the only real benefit on MS's side would them being available to GP subscribers. 

Also, Sony never owned Crash or Spyro, so they really wouldn't be getting anything "back" lol.

Around the Network

Y'all ready to welcome Forza Horizons to PS? I am. lol Bring Halo and Gears too.

I suspect it's starfield. They get a full reset.
They get the good press, the good reviews, the good ratings etc.
It's a new launch with all the updates over the last year plus the expansions etc.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

I feel it's gonna be starfield, hoping it's forza horizon.

I want to play Dynasty Warriors Origins... you have no idea.

Around the Network

Great get for PS+!

I wouldnt mind triple dipping for Forza Horizon 5...lol

Can someone explain why racing games keep getting delisted after 5-6 years but Street Racing Syndicate has been avail on Steam and GoG for 20 years with 50 licensed cars? I'm not buying just the sole reason is the license.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Can someone explain why racing games keep getting delisted after 5-6 years but Street Racing Syndicate has been avail on Steam and GoG for 20 years with 50 licensed cars? I'm not buying just the sole reason is the license.

It'll depend on the deal struck. Licenses with an expiry date are cheaper. Some racing games have permanent licenses however, which is why NFS Rivals is still up for sale 10 years later.

Leynos said:

Because not all licenses are the same. 

They frequently have different terms of use. How long it lasts, what kinds of damages they're allowed to show with the car. 

There's not some industry standard license for how cars are to be used.