By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Astro bot Special edition DualSense.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GaElJ75QQJQ&pp=ygUMUGxheXN0YXRpb24g

Around the Network
Geralt99 said:

Astro bot Special edition DualSense.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GaElJ75QQJQ&pp=ygUMUGxheXN0YXRpb24g

Pretty good, but no real surprise.  Of the two, Concord wins the match-up imo.

Now I'm wondering why Sony's never made a LBP-themed controller.  Imagine an outer shell made of burlap!

I tend not to touch “survival” games but Pacific Drive is becoming one of the better games this generation for me. 20+hrs in and doing runs is still enjoyable. Time will tell if this passes Generation Zero (the best “survival” game I’ve played) but so far this is great. Only issue I have so far is something in the fabrication menu occasionally turns the fps into a PowerPoint presentation that requires closing the game.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Damn.....not even a hugely successful launch can save Bungie. An even bigger axe than last time.

220 straight being laid off and 155 being moved to what seems to be a new studio within PlayStation Studios working on a Bungie incubation project. Matter was cancelled in 2020, so I'm guessing this is Gummy Bears, leaked as a MOBA action game. 

So 470 have left Bungie officially in the past 8 months.

EDIT: It looks like 220 being laid off, 155 being moved into Sony in general, and 75 are being moved to this new aforementioned studio. So it's even more that are leaving Bungie. Going from 1,300 employees to 850.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 31 July 2024

It looks like Sony is slowly taking over Bungie.

Hopefully everyone lands on their feet.

Around the Network

So it looks like Marathon and Destiny 3 are going to be up next for Bungie and will be multiplatform as originally stated.

However, the incubation project, seemingly Project Gummy, has moved over to PlayStation Studios. I think this will be a PlayStation/PC release. 

For a company with only one game that isn't really a cash cow, having 1300+ employees was not really a smart business decision.

Mass layoffs was inevitable and should've been expected from every employee from the start.

PotentHerbs said:

So it looks like Marathon and Destiny 3 are going to be up next for Bungie and will be multiplatform as originally stated.

However, the incubation project, seemingly Project Gummy, has moved over to PlayStation Studios. I think this will be a PlayStation/PC release. 

Yeah I think you hit it on the head. Bungie talked about Project Gummy Bears late last year based on what had been previously leaked. Since it's an incubation project, it'll allow Sony to have more control on how the studio and the project is handled. Plus, Matter was cancelled in 2020, so there's not many other options as to what this project could be.

Meanwhile, we're just hoping Bungie doesn't drive itself further into the ground. Seeing the mass hatred for the current CEO from former Bungie devs, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up stepping down soon. 

Expected

The question is, with the not so secret Bungie studio, and the supposed Jason Blundell studio, when are these teams going to be officially announced? Perhaps a year or two out when the project is ready to go?

Maybe they will only officially announce them if the game doesn't get cancelled a few years later.