By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Looking at the DF videos for both Remake Intergrade and Rebirth - I'm gonna go with Graphics Mode on PS5 and will play both again in the future on Steam/PC with 60 FPS and higher resolution (whenever I get my new computer - I already have Remake intergrade on Steam lol).

Around the Network

Graphics mode is a jittery mess. It looks just fine in Performance and performs just great framerate-wise.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Graphics mode is a jittery mess. It looks just fine in Performance and performs just great framerate-wise.

Is it? The DF video states that its mostly 30 FPS in graphics mode while Performance dips below 60 at times.

BasilZero said:
Leynos said:

Is it? The DF video states that its mostly 30 FPS in graphics mode while Performance dips below 60 at times.

It's a stutter fest in Graphics mode. Hurts my eyes. It looks fine in performance mode. Only bitches complain as it's a little less sharp but it's not like a Switch game or anything.

Last edited by Leynos - on 01 March 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The inconsistency is annoying.

Also, am I the only one who thinks PS5 games should be in black cases like 4K UHD? They can keep the white artwork with the black font for the PS5 banner, I just think it's weird to use normal colored Blu-ray cases again when PS5 games are UHD. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

What's everyone playing this weekend?

Lego 2K with my kid.

Tsushima.

RollerDrome.

I'm behind on everyone as usual haha

G2ThaUNiT said:

Speaking of Tsushima, rumor just started that the PC port for the game may be announced as soon as next Tuesday lol. Sony is usually random on these PC port announcements.

Nice! Will def pester my PC friend to pick it up lol

PS+ vs Xcloud in 2024:

Aren't they both using MS's Azure servers? I'm surprised PS+ pulls so far ahead.

TallSilhouette said:

PS+ vs Xcloud in 2024:

Aren't they both using MS's Azure servers? I'm surprised PS+ pulls so far ahead.

Doesnt it also depend on the location of where the servers are and where the user is accessing from?

BasilZero said:
TallSilhouette said:

PS+ vs Xcloud in 2024:

-

Doesnt it also depend on the location of where the servers are and where the user is accessing from?

Latency, yeah, but not so much the bandwidth or server hardware. The xCloud they tested did have better latency but much worse image quality and the equivalent of Series S hardware in practice.

I finished the main campaigns for both GoT and Rollerdrome.

I had a splendid time with the GoT campaign and I largely enjoyed the story too. There are some really great high moments. The final story mission being one of them .

The character missions are very fulfilling too, and have some great moments in them too. But I wasn't as interested in the ones with Norio until maybe the last 3rd of his missions.

I'm going to clean up the rest of the island, and I appreciate how this can all happen narratively after completing the main story (no loading before final mission). Then I'll move onto the expansion.

Rollerdrome was a fun time. But for the semis and final rounds I just turned on invincibility. It's a lot more fun being able to focus on increasing your score and combo without having to worry about being killed by the ai. I'll turn on the other assists for clean up cause I don't really want to spend hours upon goes replaying the missions again.

There's a slight story, but it feels like an afterthought, which is fine.