By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

I'm almost done with Ventus story in KH BBS - cant wait to finish it - been since 2018 since I started on KH 1.5+2.5 lmao

Around the Network

Well, delayed PC releases for major first party single-player releases may not be as set in stone as first thought. I don’t imagine any changes of this magnitude would happen till the end of the generation at the earliest.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Well, delayed PC releases for major first party single-player releases may not be as set in stone as first thought. I don’t imagine any changes of this magnitude would happen till the end of the generation at the earliest.

MS - 'All of our games are coming to PS5'

XB fans scream in pain while PS fans laugh out loud.

A few moments later...

SNY - 'All of our games are coming to XB Series'

PS fans go into shock while XB fans laugh out loud.

This would be too funny.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Makes sense.  Hardware loses money.  Software makes money.  Why not support PC?  Sony shouldn't be in the console war business but the money making business.  

Square needs to get on board.  I'm waiting on 16 and Rebirth for PC.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Its been overlooked, but Sony is seeking approval to spin off their financial division, and are hoping to get it done by October 2025.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

It would be interesting if they did Day and Date near the end of the generation, but walked it back for the launch of the PlayStation 6, because its a scenario I could see happening with the next God of War and Horizon in 2027/2028, when PS5 hardware sales are nearly topped out. 

However, I don't think Hiroki Totoki is saying anything new here, and it already aligns with what Sony is starting to do with their live service games. 

Chrkeller said:

Makes sense.  Hardware loses money.  Software makes money.  Why not support PC?  Sony shouldn't be in the console war business but the money making business.  

They are supporting PC though.

Its just Sony makes more money from their walled garden ecosystem and they don't want to risk that with Day One PC releases. People who bought the SpiderMan 2 bundle for instance, they are likely to buy some more games, subscribe to PS+, buy an extra controller, etc. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 14 February 2024

Chrkeller said:

These companies make money off third party sales and subscriptions. 

That's a lot of "free" money they'd be losing out on. 

PotentHerbs said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

It would be interesting if they did Day and Date near the end of the generation, but walked it back for the launch of the PlayStation 6, because its a scenario I could see happening with the next God of War and Horizon in 2027/2028, when PS5 hardware sales are nearly topped out. 

However, I don't think Hiroki Totoki is saying anything new here, and it already aligns with what Sony is starting to do with their live service games. 

Nah, there is no going back once the rug has been pulled lol. That would just be bad business and would sour the PC playerbase that they worked on a nearly a decade at that point to build up. 

He saying in general first party. He's not referring to only live service. 

G2ThaUNiT said:
PotentHerbs said:

Nah, there is no going back once the rug has been pulled lol. That would just be bad business and would sour the PC playerbase that they worked on a nearly a decade at that point to build up. 

He saying in general first party. He's not referring to only live service. 

Sony going day 1 with live service games is only the first step. Eventually they will start moving up the PC releases of their more expensive games. But really, it's hard to gauge anything from Totoki's comment because he could be referring to anything: what Sony is basically attempting to do now, a push for greater parity with PC, or maybe consoles in general. 

What I do know, is that since Sony supports PC, it makes sense to follow Capcom and start getting their games compatible with Apple hardware. And their live service games should really expand to mobile. 

I'll be interested to see where Sony goes from here. But I think I'd still buy console hardware since I have zero need for an actual gaming PC.