By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I need to finish some games to free up space for it =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Here's Why Supermassive didn't make Until Dawn 2

One employee, for instance, told us, "The Quarry team was originally Until Dawn 2 working with Sony. And Sony basically paid for them to be making this for them as a prototype. Then once the prototype was done, Supermassive turned around and said, 'We're going to shop this around and see if anyone else wants it", which was kind of the final nail in the coffin of any relationship with Sony. They ended up getting picked up by Google who funded it for years."

Another employee seemed to confirm The Quarry was at one point Until Dawn 2, but offered a slightly different take on these events, suggesting it was Sony who broke things off over The Dark Pictures' multi-platform approach: "The Quarry started as a pitch for Until Dawn, but they didn't have the license. They burnt their bridges with Sony by releasing Dark Pictures on multiple platforms. As far as I'm aware someone else has that license now."

If this is true, I would imagine that the big issue is that Google swooped in, paid overly big bucks for Stadia, and then pulled out later. 

That's pretty lame. Until Dawn still remains as their best game and their level of quality certainly dropped after. Would've loved that sequel.

hinch said:

That's pretty lame. Until Dawn still remains as their best game and their level of quality certainly dropped after. Would've loved that sequel.

There are some indications that Ballistic Moon is working on their own Until Dawn, besides the remaster they're working on. 

Previews for Helldivers 2 are sounding very positive.

From the gameplay that was shown, it looks like Arrowhead not only pivoted into AAA, but they also adapted to third person successfully. Sony might have a surprise hit on their hands.

PotentHerbs said:

Previews for Helldivers 2 are sounding very positive.

From the gameplay that was shown, it looks like Arrowhead not only pivoted into AAA, but they also adapted to third person successfully. Sony might have a surprise hit on their hands.

Arrowhead definitely seems to have nailed down the core gameplay loop of Helldivers 2 but there are some concerns about the lack of overall content at launch. Only a couple of enemy factions, every level is procedurally generated and has a same-y feel to it, and currently there's no roadmap for its live service ambitions. 

The game looks hella fun, but if the amount of content is on the light side and no announced future plans, player numbers will drop very quickly. With 6 days still remaining till launch, hopefully Arrowhead is able to announce what all will be available at launch and what future plans are that players can look forward to, to keep them there long term. 

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Arrowhead definitely seems to have nailed down the core gameplay loop of Helldivers 2 but there are some concerns about the lack of overall content at launch. Only a couple of enemy factions, every level is procedurally generated and has a same-y feel to it, and currently there's no roadmap for its live service ambitions. 

The game looks hella fun, but if the amount of content is on the light side and no announced future plans, player numbers will drop very quickly. With 6 days still remaining till launch, hopefully Arrowhead is able to announce what all will be available at launch and what future plans are that players can look forward to, to keep them there long term. 

Concerns for lack of content is fair, but from the previews, procedurally generated levels hasn't seemed to be a negative, and from what I understand of the gameplay/story, shouldn't really impact the gameplay loop. 

The roadmap is important for sure, but having a strong opening for this game is just as critical, if not more important, since this isn't a free to play game. I'd actually say being well received is more important than a post launch roadmap. Sony can still leverage this game through PlayStation Plus at the end of the day.  

In the very early concept stage, but at least there's confirmation that TLOU Part 3 is definitely happening! Could potentially be the last in the series. “It does feel like there’s probably one more chapter to this story"

Amazing documentary. Loved that they addressed their infamous crunch and are committed to eliminating it.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Will be joining the Playstation ecosystem for my birthday and am really excited to try out the FF games.

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

Will be joining the Playstation ecosystem for my birthday and am really excited to try out the FF games.