By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Just read that review embargo for Spider-Man 2 is 4 days before release... Insomniac are really confident but I'm not surprised, that's a really good studio.

I'm not a super-hero's fan but when it will be on PC (2025 probably and not before lol), I could check it out.

Around the Network

I know this is random, but is any one exited for Concord?
There's only been a CG tralier.
Concord is Sony's in house FPS developed by newly acquired Firewalk studio.

Official game description- PVP multiplayer FPS set in a vibrant Sci-fi universe coming to PS5 and PC in 2024.

The last FPS from Sony was Killzone Shadowfall which came out all the way back in 2013 and was mediocre at best.

It took Sony an entire decade (and for Call of duty to be owned by Microsoft) to finally make another First person shooter.

Firewalk has a lot of Bungie veterans, So really curious to see how this turns out.

Lost me at PVP. If it was a single-player Sci-Fi FPS I'd be curious. Also, I can never get excited from CGI trailers. Show me gameplay.

Last edited by Leynos - on 29 September 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Lost me at PVP. If it was a single-player Sci-Fi FPS I'd be curious. Also, I can never get excited from CGI trailers. Show me gameplay.

I didn't mean that the CG trailer was existing, but just the prospect of a First person shooter from Sony after such a long time is waht has me intrigued. 

Geralt99 said:
Leynos said:

I didn't mean that the CG trailer was existing, but just the prospect of a First person shooter from Sony after such a long time is waht has me intrigued. 

It's definitely an interesting prospect. I don't play many PVP FPS games these days outside of Halo or Counter-Strike just due to limited time and I like to play an assortment of games, but I do load them up from time to time still. So if the concept and gameplay looks interesting enough, I'll definitely give it a try. 

I am a little weary about the title though considering this will be Firewalk's first ever game, so maybe not right when it launches. I'll see what initial impressions look like and some time watching live gameplay to see if it's worth it. 

Around the Network

Sadness, just like Driveclub

(Also Marvel's Avengers gets delisted - this is the last day to get it across all platforms)

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/09/gran-turismo-sport-online-services-to-end-on-january-31-2024

BasilZero said:

(Also Marvel's Avengers gets delisted - this is the last day to get it across all platforms)

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/09/gran-turismo-sport-online-services-to-end-on-january-31-2024

I played it, it isn't nearly as bad as reception make you think. But it is totally forgeatable game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
BasilZero said:

I played it, it isn't nearly as bad as reception make you think. But it is totally forgeatable game.

Based on what I've read and seen, it sounds like the game itself was fine, but the problem was that it was a blatant microtransaction farm with predatory intent first and foremost. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Just finished Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition on PS4.

Clocked 36 hours - that is playing Human (Easy) and Devil Hunter (Normal) as Nero/Dante, Vergil and Lady/Trish playthroughs.

Unlocked all skills/abilities and maxed out health and magic.

Tried out Bloody Palace, it was okay.

Enjoyable experience and yet some repetitive level design.

+Playable Vergil, Trish and Lady with additional cutscenes
+Improved visuals (resolution/frame rate) and improved gameplay (combat improved a bit)
-Repetitive level design and annoying sections in the game such as the level disguised as a boss at the end
-Back and forth travel which makes the game feel like a chore at some parts

Combat as always is the best thing about the series/game - worst level design/progression out of all the games (yes including DMC2).

Score wise comparison to the rest of the series I played so far....

Devil May Cry (PS2): 81
Devil May Cry HD (PS3): 81
Devil May Cry HD (PS4): 81
Devil May Cry 2 (PS2): 60
Devil May Cry 2 HD (PS3): 60
Devil May Cry 2 HD (PS4): 60
Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening (PS2): 95
Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening Special Edition HD (PS3): 98
Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening Special Edition (PS4): 99
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3): 87
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (PS4): 89
DmC Devil May Cry (PC): 88

I'll be playing DMC5 soon in the future once I'm done with my next game I'll be playing which is Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade on PS5.

Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

Based on what I've read and seen, it sounds like the game itself was fine, but the problem was that it was a blatant microtransaction farm with predatory intent first and foremost. 

The thing is that's a fair way to classify it after reaching the endgame.  When you're there, several characters do have skill tree flexibility that can make Iron Man feel like "your Iron Man."  It's just the slog to even reach that point (campaign + more) isn't worth it.