By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Tom Henderson reported from the very beginning last year that it was not a slim model at all but a detachable disc drive model. The media and Twitter followers kept running with the inaccurate slim reports.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:

Tom Henderson reported from the very beginning last year that it was not a slim model at all but a detachable disc drive model. The media and Twitter followers kept running with the inaccurate slim reports.

Yup, since the MS report people just started calling it a Slim.

The Slim will come next year, together with the Pro.

Got myself a new controller stand for 10 controllers (since that is how many I have now thanks to a sale on Black Dualsense).

3 Dualsense (Standard White, Galactic Purple and Midnight Black)

3 Dualshock 4s (Standard Black, Red and Navy Blue)

2 Xbox Series controllers (Standard White and Lunar Shift)

2 Switch Pro Controllers (Standard black for both)

BasilZero said:

Got myself a new controller stand for 10 controllers (since that is how many I have now thanks to a sale on Black Dualsense).

3 Dualsense (Standard White, Galactic Purple and Midnight Black)

3 Dualshock 4s (Standard Black, Red and Navy Blue)

2 Xbox Series controllers (Standard White and Lunar Shift)

2 Switch Pro Controllers (Standard black for both)

That's very cool! I'd love something like this but my kids would destroy my controllers lol

Playthrough wise....

Driveclub (PS4) - I finally finished all the car races in the Pro Trophy race under the Professional Trophy league and finally entered the Legendary Trophy league of races. Canadian Rally is what I am in right now. Reached Driver Lv 59. Clocked 67 hours in total so far.

Around the Network

Spent two hours in Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus (PS3) last night.

Was lost in Planet Silox - I went back to the beginning area and realized the taxi wont take me back unless I have the jetpack (which was in a world where I didnt unlock yet).

So had to backtrack to the previous world just to unlock it.

Took me a long time to realize that lmao.

Not sure why pre-loading is only available on the digital deluxe version, but the time is near! 

I tried it on controller, and it honestly feels fantastic! It's obviously not going to be as free feeling with a MnK, but Larian did a fantastic job in translating the experience to controller.

I'm playing a few 90s styled FPS games on PS5. I hate the term Boomer Shooter. Boomers were the ones taking games like Doom to court in front of the Senate in the early 90s. What about Doomer Shooter as a term instead?

My fave so far is Prodeus. What a fantastic game that blends old and new. It's more like a sequel to Doom 2016 than Eternal.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

I'm playing a few 90s styled FPS games on PS5. I hate the term Boomer Shooter. Boomers were the ones taking games like Doom to court in front of the Senate in the early 90s. What about Doomer Shooter as a term instead?

My fave so far is Prodeus. What a fantastic game that blends old and new. It's more like a sequel to Doom 2016 than Eternal.

I'm over here still calling them Arena Shooters although Doomer Shooter has a nice ring to it too.

Prodeus definitely kicked ass! If you're looking for more on PS5, I highly recommend Turbo Overkill! It was in early access for about a year and a half but had its 1.0 release just 5 days ago! 

And of course, the remaster of Quake 2 if you're interested

gtotheunit91 said:

Not sure why pre-loading is only available on the digital deluxe version, but the time is near! 

I tried it on controller, and it honestly feels fantastic! It's obviously not going to be as free feeling with a MnK, but Larian did a fantastic job in translating the experience to controller.

Was just thinking about this game today. Glad to hear it works well on controller. Going to be tough to decide between this, Sea of Stars, and Armored Core in the next month-ish.