By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

-Adonis- said:

Baldur's Gate 3 could be the GOTY from what I have seen and read.

You're not wrong! Played throughout the weekend and to say Larian created something really special here would be an understatement!

Whether the gameplay is your cup of tea or not, I ask all PS5 owners to play this game. You won't regret it! 

This is most likely going to be my GOTY if not GOTG. And when mod support is added.......oh man. Idk how many months if not years I'm going to put into this game

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
-Adonis- said:

Baldur's Gate 3 could be the GOTY from what I have seen and read.

You're not wrong! Played throughout the weekend and to say Larian created something really special here would be an understatement!

Whether the gameplay is your cup of tea or not, I ask all PS5 owners to play this game. You won't regret it! 

This is most likely going to be my GOTY if not GOTG. And when mod support is added.......oh man. Idk how many months if not years I'm going to put into this game

Crazy. I have done the first two on PC a LONG TIME ago, it was already great. But it seems to be even better.

-Adonis- said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Crazy. I have done the first two on PC a LONG TIME ago, it was already great. But it seems to be even better.

Fair warning though. The game is not in a perfect state. It's still pretty buggy. There were a handful of times where a character would get stuck, freeze and I'd have to reload a previous save where I've lost story progress. Hopefully the PS5 delay will give the devs more time to iron out the first console port to be as bug free as possible at release. 

I read there's also a co-op bug where save progress doesn't auto-save the way it's supposed to and people are losing hours and hours of progress. I haven't played co-op yet though, so idk how widespread that is. 

So you may wanna wait till at least several hotfixes have released. They've released one hotfix so far, but I'd give it at least a few more. If you just can't wait to play it, I'd do a manual save like every 10 minutes

gtotheunit91 said:
-Adonis- said:

Fair warning though. The game is not in a perfect state. It's still pretty buggy. There were a handful of times where a character would get stuck, freeze and I'd have to reload a previous save where I've lost story progress. Hopefully the PS5 delay will give the devs more time to iron out the first console port to be as bug free as possible at release. 

I read there's also a co-op bug where save progress doesn't auto-save the way it's supposed to and people are losing hours and hours of progress. I haven't played co-op yet though, so idk how widespread that is. 

So you may wanna wait till at least several hotfixes have released. They've released one hotfix so far, but I'd give it at least a few more. If you just can't wait to play it, I'd do a manual save like every 10 minutes

Oh I thought it was only early access on PC right now. I plan to buy the game on PC but at least at the end of the year.

-Adonis- said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Oh I thought it was only early access on PC right now. I plan to buy the game on PC but at least at the end of the year.

August 3rd was when the game came out of early access into its official 1.0 launch. That's why the game picked up so much steam (pun intended) as it did in such a short amount of time.

It was in early access for almost 3 years. Oh yeah, the game should be in a near perfect state by the end of the year for sure! 

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

I could definitely see this becoming a near Skyrim level success once mod support is added.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I wish sony tried to make their jrpg with a final fantasy budget

DonFerrari said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I wish sony tried to make their jrpg with a final fantasy budget

Legend of Dragoon remake with FFXVI budget.

This

What I've been playing recently....

Driveclub (PS4) - almost done with all the cars in Pro Trophy (these races are so damn long) - got a trophy last night with getting 1 million drift points. 65 hours into the game.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (PS4) - Vergil playthrough, reached Mission 19 at 26 hours. About to finish off Vergil's playthrough. I only need to unlock two more abilities to master all abilities in the game (cost about 110,000 proud souls) - got about enough for one of them right now. Once I'm done with Vergil, I'll be playing another playthrough with Trish/Lady.

Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus (PS3) - Got to Planet Silox, game's really poor in FPS performance, worst technical Ratchet and Clank in quality

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PS4 via PS5) - Going to be playing more of this tonight. Reached Radiant Garden world at lv 20 and 5 hours. I grinded a bit and was able to finish the first two Mirage arena matches.

I wasn't expecting much from the RDR rumors but it looks like Rockstar has disappointed once again.

I don't get why they're only porting RDR to Switch and PS4, but not PS5, Series X/S, and PC. I can live without the multiplayer but no 60FPS option is disappointing. Undead Nightmare being included is the biggest positive and that's because I never got around to playing it.

A full blown remake was never realistic, but an actual remaster would've made this a much more appealing product, with performance modes, Dualsense support, upgraded textures, faster load times, QoL improvements, etc.

PotentHerbs said:

I wasn't expecting much from the RDR rumors but it looks like Rockstar has disappointed once again.

I don't get why they're only porting RDR to Switch and PS4, but not PS5, Series X/S, and PC. I can live without the multiplayer but no 60FPS option is disappointing. Undead Nightmare being included is the biggest positive and that's because I never got around to playing it.

A full blown remake was never realistic, but an actual remaster would've made this a much more appealing product, with performance modes, Dualsense support, upgraded textures, faster load times, QoL improvements, etc.

Because they are just putting the base game on the "new systems" so since PS5 can play BC of PS4, Series can play the BC of X360 they won't make those two, for PC perhaps they know PC would make the game much better with Mods =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."