By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Shtinamin_ said:
Ryuu96 said:

-Snip-

Cool, I like your points.
Except the end of 7. That seemed to be personal for you. I don't see a reason to put it in.
Thank you for your answer, ir shows great depth of research.

How come NATO wouldn't let Ukraine in? Are the leaders in NATO not ready for an all out war with Russia, China and North Korea? Or is there an underlying reason?

It feels personnel, Lol. But it's also true, why should Europe continue being this heavily allied with America if America keeps showing us they're an unreliable ally who would happily throw us under the bus because "it's not our concern" or whatever they want to say. The downside of this is that Europe would then as a result be pushed into the arms of China and America would be alone on the global stage and considered a weak ally by all.

America would tarnish its reputation by its allies so much if it abandoned Ukraine, not only from Europe but Taiwan, South Korea, etc. And as a Brit I thought Biden actually managed to restore America's standing on the global stage and become respected again by its allies, America was a leader again and doing the right thing by Ukraine, although I will say I strongly disagree with America supporting Israel so heavily and think that is disgusting.

But to my original point, how can America be considered a strong ally by Europe? It couldn't possibly be if they abandoned Ukraine, and then at that point Europe should realise that America is not a good ally and as a result triple down on itself, that would lead to a more isolationist Europe though with weakened friendship with America. Eastern Europe in particular will be furious with America.

I'd be angry at America and hope UK would further align its interests with Europe than America in the future, Ukraine cannot win without America and sure that's a fault of Europe for not being prepared but it is what it is at this moment in time and nothing can be done about it. Does all modern America want to be known for on foreign policy is abandoning its allies and destroying countries?

Hundreds of thousands, no, millions of Ukrainians will die if America abandons Ukraine, the country will be taken, Russia will not stop, every further death in Ukraine will partly be blood on Republicans hands for stopping aid, every drone or rocket that hits a residential building and kills an innocent child. I'm emotional about this because I've been following it every single day for the past two years and seen all sorts of horrible shit in graphic detail.

If Ukraine was instead on America's border and America asked Europe for help, I'd be first in line to say yes we should help.

As a Brit, I feel particularly safe in UK, our country is surrounded by an ocean, Russia would have to get through multiple countries to reach us if it ever came down to it, but just because I feel safe doesn't mean I'm willing to look the other way and say it isn't my concern, I'd want UK to defend and support its allies, I'd want UK to do the right thing.

Ukraine isn't even asking America to send troops, they aren't asking anyone to send troops, despite being destroyed by barrages of missiles every week, despite thousands of Ukrainians dying everyday, they're simply asking for financial support which equates to a tiny percentage of our GDPs and military equipment which we aren't even using!

Russia is modern day Nazi Germany and they must be stopped NOW, not LATER.

As for NATO...Ukraine never recognised Crimea as Russian and always considered it illegally taken, alongside the Donbas conflicts which were obviously egged on by Russia. NATO membership requires every country to vote yes and all it takes is one country to say no for Ukraine's bid to NATO to be killed, as long as Ukraine was in an active conflict their chances of NATO membership were basically non-existent.

That's why Russia's NATO excuse doesn't even work, as long as Russia was illegally holding onto Crimea and Ukraine didn't officially let it go and as long as Ukraine was in conflict in the Donbas, there would have been one country which voted no to Ukraine's NATO membership, thus there was absolutely no indiciation that Ukraine was anywhere near NATO membership, Russia didn't need a full scale invasion to ensure that would happen.

And despite what Russia claims, NATO does not want a war with Russia, I'd say NATO is scared of a war with Russia, not because they think they'd lose, no, I think NATO would wipe the floor with Russia in a conventional war, but there's one issue, nukes. Sane people don't want to start a war between nuclear capable countries. All it would take is one nuke to get through to utterly devastate a country.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 February 2024

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Shtinamin_ said:

[...] the dysfunction of the family unit will lead to the destruction of the United States of America.

Criticizing the "dysfunction of the family unit" as others have said often sounds like a bit of a dog whistle, but I would like you to explain what you mean by this before I respond to it or criticize. So, care to explain plainly what "the dysfunction of the family unit" means to you?

oh it's 100% a homophobic dog whistle. Honestly, it's so well known I don't even know why they bother using it anymore. The idea is to use tamer, coded words to cover the bigoty they mean, but everyone knows this is just anti-LGBT dogwhistling. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
sundin13 said:

Criticizing the "dysfunction of the family unit" as others have said often sounds like a bit of a dog whistle, but I would like you to explain what you mean by this before I respond to it or criticize. So, care to explain plainly what "the dysfunction of the family unit" means to you?

oh it's 100% a homophobic dog whistle. Honestly, it's so well known I don't even know why they bother using it anymore. The idea is to use tamer, coded words to cover the bigoty they mean, but everyone knows this is just anti-LGBT dogwhistling. 

Ok. Why is it a dog whistle?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

haxxiy said:

(...)

This is the perfect fit for a US politics thread. The pattern is real.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Shtinamin_ said:

Pride (it's on both sides) and the dysfunction of the family unit will lead to the destruction of the United States of America.

Nothing is destroying the family units in the west as much as the housing crisis, poor public services, stagnant wages, and falling standards of living. The LGBT community can't be blamed for any of this, 

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
Shtinamin_ said:

Pride (it's on both sides) and the dysfunction of the family unit will lead to the destruction of the United States of America.

Nothing is destroying the family units in the west as much as the housing crisis, poor public services, stagnant wages, and falling standards of living. The LGBT community can't be blamed for any of this, 

I never blamed the LGBTQIA2+ community. Why are you assuming that?
There are so many people in the world, not just in the U.S.A. that are not protecting the idea of the family. And the rest that you mention is from pride from political leaders.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

LurkerJ said:
Shtinamin_ said:

They do have to take the blame though. Namely because they act as one of the best bogeymen of our era and continually distract too many people from the real issues.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

LurkerJ said:
Shtinamin_ said:

Spot on.

Who the hell can afford to have a baby nowadays, there are so few available houses and when you do finally find one, you'll have to sell your kidney to afford it, you'll work for minimum wage and barely be able to afford to feed yourself, let alone another life, all your money goes towards bills, nothing left over for yourself.

Even so, still unsure how less marriages and less children results in the destruction of America

Shtinamin_ said:
Machiavellian said:

Which people, the constituents or the politicians.  For the constituents, its because they believe the party aligns with what they believe in.  Also if you are not part of the party you cannot vote in the primary which allows you to choose who runs at least for President in your party. For the politicians, it would be the same thing right.  The party you in is the one that aligns mostly with what you believe in or at least the main issues.

The funny thing is, if you gave many people who belong to either party a blind survey on the things they believe in, the majority of them would find they have more in common than not.  The thing is, there are certain principles or subjects they strongly disagree on and those usually end up being the topic they vote for.

Case in point, I have a friend who absolutely hates Trump but he would vote for him if he win the primary because he would be the GOP candidate and he is strongly against abortion.

So why doesn't America stop using political parties? 

I am getting the feeling you are asking question just to be asking question.  You probably can think this one through yourself to be honest.  I gave you a pretty simple reason why people join political parties, why would you ask a question I already answered.

We all want the betterment of the country we live in, but people have different ideas as to how to make the country they live in better.

Actually we all do not want the betterment of the country.  A lot of people want the betterment for themselves which is not the same thing.

That is some party determination there.

If only you knew.  

Shtinamin_ said:
LurkerJ said:

I never blamed the LGBTQIA2+ community. Why are you assuming that?
There are so many people in the world, not just in the U.S.A. that are not protecting the idea of the family. And the rest that you mention is from pride from political leaders.

You probably going to need to define what you mean by family because family can mean a lot of things and while you are at it define what you consider as being dysfunctional that you believe is happening.