By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Everyone thinks their country is amazing and great and impenetrable.

Until it's not, Lol.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Everyone thinks their country is amazing and great and impenetrable.

Until it's not, Lol.

you responded to FireBush again…in any case, I’m back for this quick post: I don’t think America is great and amazing or wtvr else. I use these words b/c I know my audience here polly thinks US is the savior of the world…when that couldn’t be further from the truth. In any case, no, the US is not under a genuine threat of collapsing into a state of authorianism. Especially not by the person everyone on here calls an incoherent senile old man lol. You think our adversaries wouldn’t be trying their hardest to get somebody like that in power? That’s like dropping a ticking time bomb in the exact place they’d want it. Y’all buying into these lib lines don’t recognize what an actual coup looks like.

firebush03 said:

“Your first sentence reveals that you shouldn't talk about topics that you are clueless about.” Every sentence that is accompanied with the name RolStoppable is filled with condescending assertions. (That’s part of the reason I love poking you: b/c I love trying to embarrass you. :) You’ve got such a big ego, it’s such an easy target!)

”Trump does everything to get into the spotlight” politics is just which side can brand themselves better. Trump sees his brand of republicanism, and he wants it to retain relevancy and power. It’s a winning strategy that the dems could take from…oh wait, they already did. Putin Price-Hike, the Trump Tax, etc. This labeling practice wasn’t nearly as common in US politics prior to Trump. :) What’s funny is that the Dems can’t pull it off quite like the repubs, as best seen with the “Let’s Go Brandon!” chant and “MAGA”.

“Just today I watched Jimmy Kimmel's Tuesday monologue where he made fun of Trump saying that a category 5 hurricane hitting land is unheard of; Kimmel showed that during Trump's presidency five category 5 hurricanes hit the USA and everytime Trump said the same thing.” What-about-ism. How bout we utilize the novel concept of bashing *both* Biden AND Trump (and literally any other US president) for failure to provide sufficient support during these natural disasters? Oh wait, you want this to be about Trump tho? Okay lol.

”But really, the question whether Trump is senile or not is very secondary when it's clear that he isn't and never was fit to be presiden of the United States.” Elaborate? What do you mean by “never was fit to be presiden of the United States”? How is Trump not fit? I thought this was a democracy? It’s not like Trump has posed a grave threat. (tho the DNC would love for you to think January 6 was a legitimate coup attempt…by a bunch of rednecks who voluntarily left after a few hours lmao. Keep in mind that you need the military on your side in order to get a coup done: This includes institutions such as the FBI, CIA, Pentagon, etc. I don’t think they were (nor are they) rallying behind Trump. There never was nor will ever be a legitimate threat from Donald Trump to our “democracy”.)

1. The truth is the truth. If you consider it condescending, then it's just further proof for how clueless you are. And sure, you love trying to embarrass me... with a big fat emphasis on the word 'trying'.

2. You are oddly proud of Trump being so much better at it.

3. Whataboutism is when someone tries to change the subject. You talked about Trump not being senile and I responded to that. I suppose you lost track of your own words with all the trolling you've engaged in.

4. You need an elaboration on why Trump isn't fit for office? Hilarious.

People died on January 6th and you laugh about it. That's just sick and wrong.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
firebush03 said:

“Your first sentence reveals that you shouldn't talk about topics that you are clueless about.” Every sentence that is accompanied with the name RolStoppable is filled with condescending assertions. (That’s part of the reason I love poking you: b/c I love trying to embarrass you. :) You’ve got such a big ego, it’s such an easy target!)

”Trump does everything to get into the spotlight” politics is just which side can brand themselves better. Trump sees his brand of republicanism, and he wants it to retain relevancy and power. It’s a winning strategy that the dems could take from…oh wait, they already did. Putin Price-Hike, the Trump Tax, etc. This labeling practice wasn’t nearly as common in US politics prior to Trump. :) What’s funny is that the Dems can’t pull it off quite like the repubs, as best seen with the “Let’s Go Brandon!” chant and “MAGA”.

“Just today I watched Jimmy Kimmel's Tuesday monologue where he made fun of Trump saying that a category 5 hurricane hitting land is unheard of; Kimmel showed that during Trump's presidency five category 5 hurricanes hit the USA and everytime Trump said the same thing.” What-about-ism. How bout we utilize the novel concept of bashing *both* Biden AND Trump (and literally any other US president) for failure to provide sufficient support during these natural disasters? Oh wait, you want this to be about Trump tho? Okay lol.

”But really, the question whether Trump is senile or not is very secondary when it's clear that he isn't and never was fit to be presiden of the United States.” Elaborate? What do you mean by “never was fit to be presiden of the United States”? How is Trump not fit? I thought this was a democracy? It’s not like Trump has posed a grave threat. (tho the DNC would love for you to think January 6 was a legitimate coup attempt…by a bunch of rednecks who voluntarily left after a few hours lmao. Keep in mind that you need the military on your side in order to get a coup done: This includes institutions such as the FBI, CIA, Pentagon, etc. I don’t think they were (nor are they) rallying behind Trump. There never was nor will ever be a legitimate threat from Donald Trump to our “democracy”.)

1. The truth is the truth. If you consider it condescending, then it's just further proof for how clueless you are. And sure, you love trying to embarrass me... with a big fat emphasis on the word 'trying'.

2. You are oddly proud of Trump being so much better at it.

3. Whataboutism is when someone tries to change the subject. You talked about Trump not being senile and I responded to that. I suppose you lost track of your own words with all the trolling you've engaged in.

4. You need an elaboration on why Trump isn't fit for office? Hilarious.

People died on January 6th and you laugh about it. That's just sick and wrong.

1. Delivery is condescending, material isn’t. Bad point, RolStoppable.

2. You only interpret it as pride b/c you’re a vote-blue-no-matter-who dem. I like to laugh at Kamala and her floundering campaign b/c I don’t support her. I don’t support Trump either, but it’s not as fun making fun of him when everybody else is kicking.

3. Whataboutisms refer to “the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue.” (Good way to remember this: “Oh Biden butchered his hurricane response? Well *what about* Trump? *What about* Bush with Katrina? They screwed it up also, so Biden deserves an excuse!”) By this definition, provided by Google, Jimmy Kimmel has committed a whataboutism when deflecting Biden’s poor response to hurricanes to Trump’s poor handling of hurricanes. Why can’t we critique both? What’s so hard about that? Or are you too afraid to criticize your “political team”? Lol. This is embarrassing for you, again.

4. Define “not fit for office” I don’t even know what this means lol. Are you saying “not qualified for office”? If so, what qualifications does he need? Does he need a PhD in economics? Also, I laugh at the libs who act like January 6th was the day democracy almost died. You can laugh at these ppl without laughing at the causalities of the event. (Though your decision to moral grandstanding fits perfectly with you affiliation as a Hillary Clinton/Kamala Harris democrat.)

Last edited by firebush03 - on 09 October 2024

Are y’all getting paid off by Genocide Joe or smth? I don’t understand why y’all are dying to defend Harris. Trump isn’t an existential threat, why should I care if he wins? I’d rather protest rather than follow-in-line with the DNC when the threat is as luke-warm as Don.

Around the Network
firebush03 said:

Are y’all getting paid off by Genocide Joe or smth? I don’t understand why y’all are dying to defend Harris. Trump isn’t an existential threat, why should I care if he wins? I’d rather protest rather than follow-in-line with the DNC when the threat is as luke-warm as Don.

Not defending Harris, simply being pragmatic.

What do you think 4 more years of Trump will accomplish?

Political reforms are needed in the US. 2 party system isn't working anymore, and 'the elites' have been turning the US into a plutocracy. Trump seems to only want to push this process further.

You can protest and vote for Harris ;)

SvennoJ said:
firebush03 said:

Not defending Harris, simply being pragmatic.

What do you think 4 more years of Trump will accomplish?

Political reforms are needed in the US. 2 party system isn't working anymore, and 'the elites' have been turning the US into a plutocracy. Trump seems to only want to push this process further.

You can protest and vote for Harris ;)

These ppl are brainlessly following and defending Harris, and here you are making fantastic points. why are you here lol? (Your brain will rot if stay here long enough.) I’ll respond via PM (if time permits on my end).

-- User thread banned. (Added by FB: Banned for Trolling. Y’all just got trolled lol. See yall around!)

Last edited by firebush03 - on 10 October 2024

firebush03 said:

Best case scenario under Trump is a near guaranteed 20+ year MAGA majority on the Supreme Court. If you care about politics, you should care if he wins.

sundin13 said:
firebush03 said:

Best case scenario under Trump is a near guaranteed 20+ year MAGA majority on the Supreme Court. If you care about politics, you should care if he wins.

Lol US Supreme Court isn’t changing if Harris or Trump wins. All the dems are too young to be retiring, all the repubs are old enough to hold out another four to eight years. Only possibility is for the oldest Repub to resign during Trump, allow for fresh a red candidate to fill their place…though this isn’t even very likely. 

edit: who is it that’s upvoting literally every comment responding to me within like five minutes? I’ve started noticing it’s like almost instantly with every post, an updoot is added lol. (I am living rent-free in somebodies head it seems.)

firebush03 said:

Are you getting paid by Genocide Trump? 

Plenty of people here are upset about Israel.

Trump is not better on any metric. He's not even better on Israel. Kamala has seemed to be skeptical at the very least on Israel, if not quietly opposed to it. (There was some reporting that she didn't want to go against Biden and his supporters). 

Trump doesn't care about life. He cares about his ego, even if it meant the deaths of others. 

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I've gotten the impression you're a left winger who doesn't believe in compromises. And I think that's an incredibly naive position. 

Trump right now is lying about FEMA and immigration. His rhetoric, as well as the people on his side is getting people killed through the power of bad decisions. 

The president is very limited without the support of Congress, but we're not going to make any kind of progress unless we accept whatever progress we can make. 

The biggest reason why the right wingers constantly win in this country, is that they don't care about the compromises. Way too many of them have literally voted for people who were openly Nazis/openly Holocaust deniers. 

We're not going to be able to make any progress on Climate Change or Trans rights or woman's rights or the housing crisis or healthcare or Israel or Ukraine, if we're not willing to accept small steps in the right direction. Republicans beat Roe v Wade, because they understand the importance of small steps. 

firebush03 said:

Lol US Supreme Court isn’t changing if Harris or Trump wins. All the dems are too young to be retiring, all the repubs are old enough to hold out another four to eight years. Only possibility is for the oldest Repub to resign during Trump, allow for fresh a red candidate to fill their place…though this isn’t even very likely. 

Democrats are pushing to expand the court. 

There has also been some push to impeach Clarence Thomas. 

Most of this has more to do with Congress, which is always going to be an uphill battle. Things are only going to get worse if people aren't pushing in the right direction.