By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
firebush03 said:
Torillian said:

Oh ok so you just have no fucking idea what you're talking about. I guess that's better......

Lol im not informed on these insane ideas that Trump is magically gonna use a militia of rednecks to overpower the CIA? Snap back into reality, man.

You don't know about the plot. You don't know about the 7 slates of fake electors from swing states, the request to Pence to send the election back down to the states which would then be decided not by number of members in the house (which the dems won) but each state's delegation (of which rep have more). You can think it wouldn't work but having a president willing to try these things is by definition more of a threat to democracy than one who isn't. 

Around the Network
firebush03 said:
Torillian said:

Oh ok so you just have no fucking idea what you're talking about. I guess that's better......

Lol im not informed on these insane ideas that Trump is magically gonna use a militia of rednecks to overpower the CIA? Snap back into reality, man. It’s not as easy as getting the VP to unilaterally decide the election.

What do you think the CIA is going to do haha

Torillian said:
firebush03 said:

Lol im not informed on these insane ideas that Trump is magically gonna use a militia of rednecks to overpower the CIA? Snap back into reality, man.

You don't know about the plot. You don't know about the 7 slates of fake electors from swing states, the request to Pence to send the election back down to the states which would then be decided not by number of members in the house (which the dems won) but each state's delegation (of which rep have more). You can think it wouldn't work but having a president willing to try these things is by definition more of a threat to democracy than one who isn't. 

alright, so I guess when I vote for Jill Stein in my state of GA (which Trump will win) that’s the end of democracy, huh? Well, I’m sorry in advance lmao.

firebush03 said:
zorg1000 said:

I do disagree with that point. Harris is being held to such a higher standard than Trump that it’s not even funny.

Media-How will you make housing more affordable?

Harris-Expand the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit to build 1.2 million affordable rental housing units.

Create a Neighborhood Homes Tax Credit to build or rehabilitate 400,000 owner-occupied homes in low income communities.

Tax incentives to builders making affordable homes for first time home buyers.

Invest $40 billion in the Local Innovation Fund for State/Local governments that ease regulations and restrictive zoning.

Urge Congress to pass the Preventing Algorithmic Facilitation of Housing Cartels Act and the Stop Predatory Investing Act to crackdown on landlords & investors abusing the system and making housing less affordable.

Up to $25,000 in down payment assistance for first time homebuyers who have paid their rent on time for the last two years.

Trump-We will have the biggest, most beautiful mass deportation ever!

Media-Harris needs to lay out her agenda

you’re mad Kamala isn’t “politicking” as good as Trump lol. Trump just says smth abt migrants, whereas Harris tries her best to a response which caters to all bases (Leftists & Nikki Haley Republicans…this should explain why she flounders so hard in interviews. It’s an incoherent mess trying to tie all these very distinct groups into one statement.)

Just watch the debate again: They get asked the same questions, though Harris doesn’t have an easy line to give like “migrants = bad”, so she ends up really struggling.

p.s. sorry yall for all the separate comments. VGChartz on mobile is not the easiest for multi-quote posts.

No, that’s not it at all. What I said is what I mean, the media has held her to a much higher standard than they have for Trump. They complained about her lack of policy details despite it being 1000x more detailed and coherent than Trump’s. They have complained about her lack of interviews and in the last couple weeks she has been on 60 minutes, The View, Oprah, Howard Stern, Stephen Corbert, Call her Daddy, All The Smoke.

Are we living in the same universe? In what way is she “really struggling” and an incoherent mess? Are you mixing her up with Trump who rants about choosing between getting electrocuted or getting eaten by a shark?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

sundin13 said:
firebush03 said:

Lol im not informed on these insane ideas that Trump is magically gonna use a militia of rednecks to overpower the CIA? Snap back into reality, man. It’s not as easy as getting the VP to unilaterally decide the election.

If the CIA detects that a coup is about to unfold, they have all the power *in the world* to immediately deter the threat. If the VP wants to unilaterally make his decision, then the forces in power have every right to force him to change his mind. It’s not this simple, and if you look at coups across the world, you’ll understand what I mean. Do you genuinely believe America is such a great country yet is so easily prone to completely collapsing into dictatorship? Lol.

Around the Network

im out for tn yall. Peace!

SvennoJ said:
Ryuu96 said:

Pro-Palestinian ‘Uncommitted’ Group Comes Out Firmly Against Trump - The New York Times

Muslim Faith Leaders Endorse Kamala Harris

I wouldn't be surprised if Netanyahu is timing his retaliation attack at Iran for the US elections. It seems Republicans love to see a war with Iran happening.

Anyway Trump and Vance are making clear voting for them is way worse than bad Harris. Hopefully that and this message is enough to secure the win in Michigan. It should be when looking at the margins.

Then when Harris has won, pressure on her can start.

It's depressing though, likely no ceasefire in Gaza nor Lebanon until the US elections are done.

Probably. Netanyahu wants Trump to win, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. So far nothing has happened, certainly not the dooming of oil prices soaring through the roof at least and we don't know what the response will be, he only really has a few weeks to perform a response which could have an impact on the election. I remember people pissing their pants at Ukraine attacking Russian oil facilities too, dooming the US election because of it, so much for that. Just saying Iran already attacked Israel before and Israel already attacked Iran before.

Course Netanyahu going genocide mode on Lebanon is another issue which could hurt turnout.

Anyway, I am glad some Muslim leaders are starting to see it, that for how bad Biden is for them, Trump would be far worse, and Uncommitted are understandably not endorsing Harris but reading between the lines it's basically a call to vote for her, like they said "And we have to do everything in our power to stop him" and the only way to stop Trump is by making sure Harris is elected.

And the Muslim leaders going a step further: "Knowingly enabling someone like Donald Trump to return to office, whether by voting directly for him or for a third-party candidate, is both a moral and a strategic failure." They're absolutely spot on here, voting 3rd party is throwing your vote away, Jill Stein is a Russian bootlicking grifter who only bothers to show up every 4 years. Democrats/Independents voting for Stein's grift only helps Trump and he will by far worse than Biden, as these Muslim leaders are saying.

"Burn it all to the ground" is not a viable strategy, it never has been and it never will be, it's commonly said by a certain group of left wingers, typically privileged white guys with nothing to lose from a Trump presidency, or nothing to lose from "burning it all to the ground" or "sticking it to the Democrats to make myself feel good" and I say this as a Bernie/Corbyn supporter and someone who still considers myself a left winger, although I have huge disagreements with some when it comes to foreign policy.

Progress isn't always a straight line to the sky, it's bumpy, we can't go from A-Z in an instant. Progress is bit by bit, battle by battle, especially when for example in America, House and Senate are so tight and Republicans love to block every damn bill, so no Americans cannot get the entire slice when one side keeps blocking shit, I do not accept the idea of saying "fuck it all" and letting everything crumble though.

I despise Netanyahu and I can understand why people would hate voting Democrat right now but I wouldn't use that to throw everyone else under the bus too, I would instead get Harris elected and then blast her post-election and hope that she can be nudged from Biden's position once she no longer has an election hanging around her, I think there's a chance, however with Trump, I think there's precisely 0 chance in convincing him to change his mind, not only because the dude thrives off negativity and people being angry at him, but because we know him to be an even bigger supporter of Israel than most (as are Republicans overall, Democrats at least, House and Senators, along with voters, are more mixed).

firebush03 said:
Torillian said:

alright, so I guess when I vote for Jill Stein in my state of GA (which Trump will win) that’s the end of democracy, huh? Well, I’m sorry in advance lmao.

Try to read what you are replying to ok? I said he's more of a threat to democracy not that it will necessarily be the end of it. Vote however you want, but try to at least learn about some of this stuff before you laugh off anyone with concerns. 

firebush03 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Bwuaha.

Are we seriously getting our panties in a bunch over a simple mispronunciation? She said gauging instead of gouging? Really? And that means she doesn't know what she is talking about? Because she used an A instead of an O in the word? Fuck me this is desperate. If you actually listened to her then you'd have known she knew what she was talking about when she further expands.

This is levels of reaching that Donald Trump himself would employ. Not even close to Trump responding with "Drill Baby Drill" in response to a question about bringing down the cost of housing, how Trump seemingly doesn't have a fucking clue about tariffs and how that will in fact hurt America (and I suppose he learnt nothing from his last trade war with China which ended with China winning).

It's nothing close to Trump straight up misgendering American politicians, announcing the completely wrong person coming on stage, mistaking peoples government positions and getting world leaders straight up wrong, like recently when he confused Iran's leader with North Korea's leader. All these mistakes made by Biden would and have got him slaughtered by the media but barely a peep with Trump.

How the heck do you jump to the conclusion that Tim Walz forgot the names of Palestinians because he said "We sympathise with those in Gaza". I've said "What's happening in Gaza is horrific" before, so I suppose that must mean I don't know the word Palestinian? Uh...No...Because Gaza is the name of the entire fucking region, or to be more specific, Gaza Strip, but most would just say Gaza.

What the actual heck is this line of criticism? Lmao. Is saying "What is happening in Ukraine is horrible" also not knowing who Ukrainians are? Forgetting the name of Ukrainians? Of course not...What the actual...Also if the quote is accurate "We sympathize with those in....Gaza" then I'm doubly lost because "We sympathize with those in Palestinian" does not make a lick of sense grammatically

Ryuu96, what are you incoherently sputtering about?

That's one way to once again avoid actually having a response.

Funny...I was actually repeating to myself in my head during this debate "Don't respond to Firebush, he has already wasted your one chance that you gave him, he already showed to you once before that he was debating in bad faith, don't do it, don't waste your time"

Thank you for proving myself right, you're a waste of my time.

firebush03 said:
sundin13 said:

If the CIA detects that a coup is about to unfold, they have all the power *in the world* to immediately deter the threat. If the VP wants to unilaterally make his decision, then the forces in power have every right to force him to change his mind. It’s not this simple, and if you look at coups across the world, you’ll understand what I mean. Do you genuinely believe America is such a great country yet is so easily prone to completely collapsing into dictatorship? Lol.

No, I don't believe America is such a great country haha

But seriously, the responsibility for deterring threats by the President of the United States should fall on the Legislative and Judicial branches, not the CIA who are under the authority of the President. However, I don't have a lot of faith in the other branches of government due to the significant deterioration we've seen over the last few years. So, I agree when you say that it isn't as easy as the VP just saying Trump wins. However, it is as easy as the VP just saying Trump wins and the Legislative and Judicial branches supporting that conclusion. In that case, there is no Independent Coup Squad who would swoop in and depose the falsely elected Donald.