By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
LegitHyperbole said:

America is broken. Hundreds of billions spent on foreign wars but ya can't clean up you own house. I get more saddened for the US every passing year.

All by design. 

1.) cut taxes on the mega rich, cut regulations

2.) cut programs that help people

3.) blame expenditures on immigrants and poor people. 

4.) repeat 

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
firebush03 said:

i'm not responding to every comment. If a comment doesn't need a response, or if it's content is so absurd that I don't take it seriously enough to provide a response, then you don't get a response. Your comment fell in the latter category for the reason which should be obvious from my response to RolStoppable: You argued that polls cannot be trust b/c wording-of-the-question bias. No poll sets itself as a picture-perfect representation of society, though it should give us an idea as to what people are thinking. (p.s. war in the middle east = inflated gas prices. This is the last thing Biden/Harris need in October. Ceasefire would avoid all of this...)

Strike Two:

That still isn't what I said. 

I find it quite amusing that you call my comment absurd yet you can't seem to grasp what it actually said. 

Strike two? Lmao bud I’m usually ignoring your comments regardless. Quit acting like you have leverage here. Here, I’ll do it for you: Strike three!! It’s over!! Oh nooooooooooo.

Ryuu96 said:
SanAndreasX said:

One thing that nobody seems to be talking about is the port strike in the Eastern US. The West Coast ports are still open as they’re under a different union. People are already panic buying toilet paper and bottled water, and Los Angeles and Long Beach can’t handle all the overflow from the East, not to mention trucks and rail. Hopefully this won’t be another supply chain snarl that raises prices.

Harold Daggett, the president of the Easten port worker’s union, the Internatinal Longshoremen’s Associaton (ILA), is a friend of Trump. However, a lot of the timing is bad luck, as the most recent ILA contract expired just a few days ago.

The strike puts Biden, and by entension Harris, in a precarious situation. So far, Biden has signaled support for the union and prefers to let collective bargaining run its course. If the strike goes on long enough to impact consumer prices, Trump’s campaign will jump on it to hammer Biden. On the other hand, if Biden takes the nuclear option and invokes the Taft-Hartley Act to try and force the dock workers back to work - which is what Reagan did to resolve the PATCO strike, ultimately resulting in the striking ATCs being fired - he’ll lose critical union support. 

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) — Local International Longshormen's Association workers said the port strike is over, Kenneth Riley with Local 1422 said to News 4.

Riley, the international vice president of the ILA and ILA Local 1422 member, claimed the dockworkers got the automation language and significant pay raises included in the contract.

The full contract details weren't immediately made available to News 4.

Sources: Striking port workers to return to work Friday as negotiators reach an agreement on wages | CNN Business

That was a quick strike

Well, damn. What do I do with the 1000 rolls of toilet paper I bought at Costco? 

Republican election denier Tina Peters sentenced to 9 years in prison for voting data scheme - CBS

“District Judge Matthew Barrett told former Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters — after earlier sparring with her for continuing to press discredited claims about rigged voting machines — that she never took her job seriously.”

"I am convinced you would do it all over again if you could. You're as defiant as any defendant this court has ever seen," Barrett told her in handing down the sentence. "You are no hero. You abused your position and you're a charlatan."

"'$2.4 billion aid to Ukraine' vs 'No more aid for Hurricane Helene' - 3 days apart" pro-Trump account End Wokeness wrote alongside video clips of President Biden speaking on two occasions. The post received over 5 million views.

The text misrepresents one of the Biden videos. In it, Biden responds "no" when asked if more federal resources will be directed to disaster relief and says that local governments have yet to ask for what has already been allocated. The video also shows Biden saying the federal government had already preplanned hurricane relief even before states had asked for disaster aid.

Former President Donald Trump claimed without evidence that Democrats were withholding aid from Republican areas. Trump also falsely claimed that Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp had not been able to speak to Biden, even though both confirmed they had spoken to one another.

There’s no evidence the federal government is withholding aid from affected states. The Republican governors of South Carolina and Georgia have praised the federal government’s support.

Other videos on X made wilder claims.

"Don’t worry guys, weather modification isn’t real! It’s just a coincidence that Hurricane Helene is one of the most devastating 'inland damage storms' in history and that hundreds of pro-Trump counties are being massively impacted during the most important election of our lifetimes," influencer Matt Wallace posted alongside video footage of flooding. The post received 11 million views.

False claims about weather-altering tools have become common in the aftermath of major storms, said Amber Silver, who teaches emergency management at the University of Albany. "And there's always questions about … is this storm, you know, man-made or is it natural?"

Helene Rumors and Conspiracy Theories Gain Millions of Views on X

All by design when Elon Musk himself spreads bullshit conspiracy theories.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 18 hours ago

Around the Network

Marjorie Taylor Greene Appears to Say Democrats Can 'Control the Weather' - Newsweek

She is so fucking stupid

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 17 hours ago

Ryuu96 said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene Appears to Say Democrats Can 'Control the Weather' - Newsweek

She is so fucking stupid

Laughter aside, and paraphrasing Walter White: if she actually believes the Democratic Party is as powerful as she thinks they are, you'd think she'd tread lightly.

Where does she think Democrats come from? Mount Olympus?

Actually, given her value system, you'd think that she'd want to align herself with such powerful people, rather than risk getting struck in the ass by lighting.

So, even if her own mythological worldview was accurate she'd still be an idiot.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Joe Biden should re-enter the race as a third party candidate. And DeSantis as the fourth party. Then, with parties divided, we should back Cornell West to pounce as the third-party underdog.

LegitHyperbole said:

America is broken. Hundreds of billions spent on foreign wars but ya can't clean up you own house. I get more saddened for the US every passing year.

Do you ever put any thought into what you write?

About context, or what sources you are using?

For example the long list of republicans that voted against the bill that would add BILLIONS to FEMA?

That some republicans are complaining we are spending too much on foreign aid.. while at the same time complaining we aren't spending ENOUGH on Israeli?

Do you actually have opinions? Do you actually do any research?

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Bandorr said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Do you ever put any thought into what you write?

About context, or what sources you are using?

For example the long list of republicans that voted against the bill that would add BILLIONS to FEMA?

That some republicans are complaining we are spending too much on foreign aid.. while at the same time complaining we aren't spending ENOUGH on Israeli?

Do you actually have opinions? Do you actually do any research?

The answer to all those questions is no, he has been called out by multiple people for spreading misinformation and his response to being told to verify if stories are true before spreading them was “that sounds hard”.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.